Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Weepsie wrote: »
    Had a strange day on the bike.........

Sorry, but at least you gave me an amusing start to my morning sitting behind a bank of laptops !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Years ago, before the current knuckledragger craze for cyclist-hating, a pannier bounced off my bike in the city centre. As I ran back to get it I saw a driver actually change course to deliberately run it over. Nothing particularly precious in it at the time, but what if I'd had the puppy in there…
    He is now undoubtedly suffering from erysipelas and hidradenitis suppurativa after my fervent curses, and probably wondering "what did I do to deserve this?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

He is now undoubtedly suffering from erysipelas and hidradenitis suppurativa after my fervent curses, and probably wondering "what did I do to deserve this?"

**WARNING**

Do NOT Google Image this. I did.

53562640.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Sorry, but at least you gave me an amusing start to my morning sitting behind a bank of laptops !

My work colleagues too..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Greek week on Lidl. Only the Cheese swirl and the white nougat is lovely. The ready made foods are poor quality and the taste is nowhere near the real thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Greek week on Lidl. Only the Cheese swirl and the white nougat is lovely. The ready made foods are poor quality and the taste is nowhere near the real thing.

It was ever so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

AstraMonti wrote: »

The baklava is alright.

The blue and white packaging hints at dining al fresco on Santorini.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I haven't tried that to be honest, the Ouzo will also probably be fine. Goes great with fish food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Accuweather promise "abundant sunshine" for Saturday in Dublin :)

http://www.accuweather.com/en/ie/dublin/207931/daily-weather-forecast/207931?day=5

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭SetOverSet

Camelbak Podium

+1 on the Camelback Podium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Completely forgot I was playing football tonight after work. Cycled the 20k in, worked 10 hours, played astro for 90 mins then cycled the 20k home.
    Took part in a charity spin-a-thon yesterday too, goosed now

My continuing misadventures with SPD pedals continued today as when I unclipped the left and came to a stop, I for some reason leaned the other way and went right down. Another cyclist ahead of me did his best to not laugh, I'm sure a few drivers too and two pedestrians were very nice about too. Another mishap to cheer people up in the morning :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

4d27017cce323b0082fc50c9bc1e6e1f.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I can't decide if this is brilliant or absurd. Straddles the line between both anyway

Introducing the VeloSock a "sock" for your bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

I can't decide if this is brilliant or absurd. Straddles the line between both anyway

Having 3 bikes indoors I can see the appeal. I'd actually go so far as to say I like it but it's a bit on the expensive side for what it does.

traprunner wrote: »
    Having 3 bikes indoors I can see the appeal. I'd actually go so far as to say I like it but it's a bit on the expensive side for what it does.

That's my thinking too. Around €50 by my reckoning though so seems steep, though cost and logic do tend to get thrown out the window when it comes to the bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Can't decide whether it makes the wheel hubs look like erect nipples or Alien chestbursters.

394f9e238f52f8791b220de4822c19bb_original.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

This to keep very small children away from the chain, etc? I used to drape a few coats over the bike in the hallway. Sort of worked.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Still a crap title for the thread BTW

(I haven't gone away ;) )

• Advertisement

RobFowl wrote: »

The more you post the quicker we reach 10k posts and the thread will be closed! :D

I find taking them in and wheeling them out causes most disruption ( marks on the wall, door etc etc ) . Not sure covering it while stationary would help.

The more you post the quicker we reach 10k :D

Good title for an off topic thread tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The more you post the quicker we reach 10k posts and the thread will be closed! :D
    I predict the next thread will be called Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part III... only ~9.5k to go before we find out!

I predict the next thread will be called Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part III... only ~9.5k to go before we find out!

I was thinking that earlier. The Mods may do it just to annoy RobFowl again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Does anyone ever just stop and stare lovingly at their bikes?

....asking for a friend.

^ " the love that dare not speak its name " .

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

Lumen wrote: »
    Can't decide whether it makes the wheel hubs look like erect nipples or Alien chestbursters.

394f9e238f52f8791b220de4822c19bb_original.jpg

Is that a bike in your sock or are you just pleased to see me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

RobFowl wrote: »

Be careful or a certain photograph of you may find its way in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Does anyone ever just stop and stare lovingly at their bikes?

....asking for a friend.

I love taking care of anything mechanical, bike has only 500kms on it now and I reckon it's been cleaned a good 10 times. It just has to be shiney, then I'll let it get as dirty as possible for a bit just so I can clean it when it's dirty rather than cleaning a clean bike.

I do the same with my car

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement