Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Silly 'What type of cyclist are you?' Quiz. I'm a mile muncher apparently. Hmmmm not convinced!…

"You don't stop when everyone else does, but keep riding until you can't pedal any more… and you love every minute of it"

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/cycling-quiz-which-type-of-cyclist-are-you-find-out-here-192946?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

gadetra wrote: »

Result: The cafe hunter

Riding a bike's great, but it's even better when it leads to a coffee and a slice of cake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Also a cafe hunter. Had higher hopes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

OldBean wrote: »
    Also a cafe hunter. Had higher hopes.

Ditto. Natch.

As I lie in my bed recovering from two days' travel and concentration, I drool at an Icelandic cycling holiday -

https://www.extremeiceland.is/en/activity-tours-iceland/biking-tours/bc10-landmannalaugar-bike

- until I see that hair-raising ride along the side of a steepsteep mountain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

If I ever win the Euromillions I'm getting a Rolo bike.

Just "because"

If I ever win the Euromillions I'm getting a Rolo bike.

Just "because"

Apparently
    Result:
    The composite optimization process successfully reduced the weight of the frame from 829g to 792g. Additional material tweaks by Rolo’s manufacturing team reduced the weight even further resulting in a final weight of just 710g.

Shame to put those heavy oul' wheels on a frame that light. Can you get carbon wheels, carbon spokes, carbon tyres, a carbon saddle and carbon handlebars? Oh, and gears and chain?

Edit: Oooh, purdy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWJkULoP5ds

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Can you get carbon wheels, carbon spokes, carbon tyres, a carbon saddle and carbon handlebars? Oh, and gears and chain?
    Yes, yes, sort of, yes, yes, yes, sort of.

Lumen wrote: »
    Yes, yes, sort of, yes, yes, yes, sort of.

Really? Good heavens! You'll have to have lead weights in your skirt like a 1950s model to keep down on the ground!

Really? Good heavens! You'll have to have lead weights in your skirt like a 1950s model to keep down on the ground!

Or ride like its the 1960's.

Ahem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Wheatus are on Irish TV playing that one song from 15 years ago! whuuuuuh?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Wheatus are on Irish TV playing that one song from 15 years ago! whuuuuuh?

Don't be such a dirtbag ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

gadetra wrote: »
    Silly 'What type of cyclist are you?' Quiz. I'm a mile muncher apparently. Hmmmm not convinced!…

"You don't stop when everyone else does, but keep riding until you can't pedal any more… and you love every minute of it"

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/cycling-quiz-which-type-of-cyclist-are-you-find-out-here-192946?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social

Apparently I'm a commuter, even though I don't leave my house to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Peter Sagan getting all wild and lose on a mountain bike.

He's so dreamy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

I regularly read the forum but don't post much and don't want to sound like a cycling snob and I'm not...but here goes

So i use my road bike for commuting 100km a week and it takes a battering so i put my bike in for a service and I need new wheel and tyre and some other stuff pricey but all fine...

I go and collect bike and the new wheel is silver and the old wheel is black - they didn't tell me this would be the case and I assumed it would be.

First world problems but what should I do...is it a design feature or will I be shunned by fellow cyclists.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    I regularly read the forum but don't post much and don't want to sound like a cycling snob and I'm not...but here goes

So i use my road bike for commuting 100km a week and it takes a battering so i put my bike in for a service and I need new wheel and tyre and some other stuff pricey but all fine...

I go and collect bike and the new wheel is silver and the old wheel is black - they didn't tell me this would be the case and I assumed it would be.

First world problems but what should I do...is it a design feature or will I be shunned by fellow cyclists.

Tell them that you want a black wheel. Or another silver one to match.

I got a new spoke a while back, was horrified to find a silver one amongst all my black spokes. Was too polite to complain, so I've just bitched about it and wished them ill fortune ever since.
    :pac:

This is it. I'm too polite but will just bitch and moan to anyone who listens and the wider internet.

I should grow some and go marching back...actually what will happen is I will sheepishly go back in and ask ever so politely.

It looks ridiculous even though I don't have an amazing bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I got a new spoke a while back, was horrified to find a silver one amongst all my black spokes. Was too polite to complain, so I've just bitched about it and wished them ill fortune ever since.
    :pac:

A bit of ink could fix that possibly?

Or a silver spoke on the other wheel too? Beside the valve, so you'll know where to go next time you pump your tyres/puncture?

Silver linings, eh?

• Advertisement

OldBean wrote: »
    Or a silver spoke on the other wheel too? Beside the valve, so you'll know where to go next time you pump your tyres/puncture?

Silver linings, eh?

Nope, the spoke is half way around from the valve and only on the one wheel.

But I think I may get the permanent marker at it!

Nope, the spoke is half way around from the valve and only on the one wheel.

But I think I may get the permanent marker at it!

Can I borrow that permanent marker after! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I once bought a pair of b'twin bib shorts that were too loose around the thighs.

Now they're loose everywhere but the thighs...can't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Doc07

I was re watching a bit of the Paul Kimmage documentary 'Rough Rider'. In the famous clip where he and Lance argue at the Tour of California press conference I noticed the main sponsor was the pharmaceutical giant Amgen.
    Did anyone else find it hilarious/tragic/ridiculous that a major cycling event was being sponsored by the Worlds largest EPO and synthetic EPO producer?
    It was almost like something you would see on a comedy sketch show like the drug Olympics on SNL.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Doc07 wrote: »
    I was re watching a bit of the Paul Kimmage documentary 'Rough Rider'. In the famous clip where he and Lance argue at the Tour of California press conference I noticed the main sponsor was the pharmaceutical giant Amgen.
    Did anyone else find it hilarious/tragic/ridiculous that a major cycling event was being sponsored by the Worlds largest EPO and synthetic EPO producer?
    It was almost like something you would see on a comedy sketch show like the drug Olympics on SNL.

I always thought that the Amgen tour of California was a weird bit of sponsorship.

I always thought that the Amgen tour of California was a weird bit of sponsorship.

There have been weirder !

This team was sponsored by a brothel (or a "sauna" as Beasty tells me is was)

tumblr_n90ppa9x3t1t19os5o1_1280.jpg

Not a small team either!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Doc07 wrote: »

Amgen sponsored cycling for long time, in way its right hand couldnt see what the left was doing, didn't they get huge fines for finding it had disposed of stock on black market (epo likely part of that)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

RobFowl wrote: »
    There have been weirder !

This team was sponsored by a brothel (or a "sauna" as Beasty tells me is was)

Time to write a screenplay. Best Little Whorehouse meets Breaking Away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Time to write a screenplay. Best Little Whorehouse meets Breaking Away

Will it have a Happy Ending?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement