Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

sorry yeah, that's what i meant to say but was a bit distracted.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Chuchote wrote: »
    I've seen a lockable bike cage in some hospitals - for the staff - but feck all bike parking for the patients and visitors.
    As far as I can recall there is only one HSE hospital (i.e. general) in Dublin City. The rest are private/voluntary/trust etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

As far as I can recall there is only one HSE hospital (i.e. general) in Dublin City. The rest are private/voluntary/trust etc.

The others are owned by the nuns? Which is the HSE hospital?

St James's
    St Vincent's
    Our Lady's Children's
    Mater Misericordiae
    Coombe Lying-in (as it used to be called)
    Rotunda
    Holles Street
    James Connolly Memorial

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Chuchote wrote: »
    The others are owned by the nuns? Which is the HSE hospital?

St James's
    St Vincent's
    Our Lady's Children's
    Mater Misericordiae
    Coombe Lying-in (as it used to be called)
    Rotunda
    Holles Street
    James Connolly Memorial
    St James's is HSE. (Connolly is HSE but not in city centre).

Not sure about the Maternity Hospitals as I was referring to General Hospitals but I don't think they are HSE either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Pretty chuffed to be asked to be a mod here but had to decline as would interfere too much with free time. Good luck to the other 2 new ones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

You're a cyclist. You're not meant to have free time. You're either working to pay for the bike, on the bike, talking about the bike, or dreaming about the bike ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Thrilled to be asked to be a mod.
    I will be ban hammer happy!
    Bow to me minions!

And my first act of moderation will be to ban all MCNS members!

Thinking of banning Drawheda wheelers as a well!

• Advertisement

....also skinny climbers. They can go as well!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

koutoubia wrote: »
    Thinking of banning Drawheda wheelers as a well!

Triathletes too

Goes without saying!

Goes without saying!

Man Utd supporters and non coffee drinkers

RobFowl wrote: »
    non coffee drinkers
    Ah now here...Surely these people are stuff of urban legends.
    I mean who doesnt drink coffee?

Tryathletes probably.

What about the thread title?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

And my first act of moderation will be to ban all MCNS members!
    I agree. Motor Cycle NewS readers should not be allowed to post here...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

What about the thread title?

You want us to rename it "Man Utd supporters and non coffee drinkers"

Could live with that...

Seems to be some sort of a glitch with Strava's April Climbing Challenge. My ordinary ride today with 600m is displaying as 103,000m and Strava has congratulated me for completing the April challenge. The world leader is on 321,000m on the first day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Beasty wrote: »
    You want us to rename it "Man Utd supporters and non coffee drinkers"

Could live with that...

Surprised Rob didn't take the modship just to rename the thread!

• Advertisement

If I did rename it, it would be "Robbie Fowler rides a Dolan "

https://twitter.com/terrydolan1/status/352097111107596288

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Seems to be some sort of a glitch with Strava's April Climbing Challenge. My ordinary ride today with 600m is displaying as 103,000m and Strava has congratulated me for completing the April challenge. The world leader is on 321,000m on the first day!

Fixed now...so turns out I didn't climb 90,00 metres today :p

The Great Shankly Ride

Is that the one where they cycle over to Manchester but return in the cars they've nicked?

The Great Shankly Ride

Is that the one where they cycle over to Manchester but return in the cars they've nicked?

Nah, never any decent cars in Manchester. Only go there to stock up on drugs from the Sky shop in the Velodrome.

Nah, never any decent cars in Manchester. Only go there to stock up on drugs from the Sky shop in the Velodrome.
    I took a decent one to Liverpool back in the early 90s - a Vauxhall Calibra. To a place called "Pleasure Island" - they never advertised it was next to Toxteth. Came back and the car had been nicked. It was a Good Friday. Had to get someone to come out to pick us up. It was found the following day. The police had seen it but as it was a high powered sports car they let it go. Apparently there was a kid, probably less than teenager. They could barely see him and he could barely see out the windscreen. He ended up crashing it and writing off a wheel. He abandoned the car, engine running, door wide open.

While all that was happening during the Saturday, I had to get a tram to Old Trafford. It was turning into a disastrous weekend. One nil down heading into injury time. Then Steve Bruce popped up to score. He scored another deep into injury time. United 2-1 Wednesday - the rest, they say, is history:pac:

For anyone who would like a reminder of that day:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

https://twitter.com/terrydolan1/status/352097111107596288

Is that a compact frame? Bottles look like they're squished in and it looks a bit small.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

mcquaid cycles have a bike with a dolan hercules frame for sale, but with a caveat that it's been for sale for about four years;

not a big frame; seems about right for me and i'm about 5'8".

I took a decent one to Liverpool back in the early 90s - a Vauxhall Calibra. To a place called "Pleasure Island" - they never advertised it was next to Toxteth. Came back and the car had been nicked. It was a Good Friday. Had to get someone to come out to pick us up. It was found the following day. The police had seen it but as it was a high powered sports car they let it go. Apparently there was a kid, probably less than teenager. They could barely see him and he could barely see out the windscreen. He ended up crashing it and writing off a wheel. He abandoned the car, engine running, door wide open.

While all that was happening during the Saturday, I had to get a tram to Old Trafford. It was turning into a disastrous weekend. One nil down heading into injury time. Then Steve Bruce popped up to score. He scored another deep into injury time. United 2-1 Wednesday - the rest, they say, is history:pac:

Not quite as good on your first visit to Liverpool though was it ;)

Liverpool 7–1 Newton Heath
    12 October 1895

Not quite as good on your first visit to Liverpool though was it ;)

Liverpool 7–1 Newton Heath
    12 October 1895
    Surprised you didn't dig out the first match ever played at OT. Indeed my first ever match against Liverpool was an infamous Boxing Day around 1980. To rub salt into the wound not only was I stuck in the White City car park for over an hour after the match, but the fanbelt went in my grandad's car (which I had borrowed for the day) near Hartshead Moor services on the way home. The RAC were not responding and eventually we dragged out my sister's brother-in-law family from nearby Huddersfield who was unable to source a fanbelt but his girlfriend obliged by donating her tights

Revenge since that particular Boxing Day (OK St Stephen's Day) has generally been particularly sweet though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Sounds like a big match for you. Which one are you in the video? :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement