Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

hungover (a very rare occurrence in this parish) cleaning the house before I go to work as the Mrs is back from a week away at a conference tonight.

Cycling forecast is poor. Kettlebell forecast is high though and probably good for treating the knee issues that have arisen the last fortnight of cycling. (causes known, I've been slacking on the management).

Also, regret thy name is Vittoria Randonneur....as soon as I have some scratch I'm buying some 28mm Rubinos for the Croix

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

gadetra wrote: »
    Ride! Always ride. It's always worth it and you never regret it :D

Depends on the type of riding and the "vehicle" on which said riding is done on/with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

regret thy name is Vittoria Randonneur

Why is that so?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

hungover (a very rare occurrence in this parish) cleaning the house before I go to work as the Mrs is back from a week away at a conference tonight.

Cycling forecast is poor. Kettlebell forecast is high though and probably good for treating the knee issues that have arisen the last fortnight of cycling. (causes known, I've been slacking on the management).

Also, regret thy name is Vittoria Randonneur....as soon as I have some scratch I'm buying some 28mm Rubinos for the Croix
    I have come to the conlcusion that Rubino's are the worst Vittoria tyre.
    If the Diamante come in 28's get them or go right down to the Zaffiro if your commuting.

What did Rubinos do to you? Have been problem free for me on both bikes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

What did Rubinos do to you? Have been problem free for me on both bikes.
    They let me down.
    Two brand new Rubi's!
    1st spin front tyre casing split wide open.
    2nd spin rear tyre casing split wide open.

I took pictures and sent an email to CRC explaing the issue and they refunded without question. They didnt even want the tyre's back for inspection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Aldi's Sweet red pepper Hummus + Doritos Chilli wave crisps + Beer = Lovely..

It's probably some sort of training plan that should be up on Strava.

Beer being first.

131k done today.

I'm on to something.

Not sure if it was the 6 cans of Tyskie or the Hummus.

I'm going to mix it up tonight by introducing Salty peanuts into the equation.

Cognitive ability dependent, there may be a dominoes pizza introduced too.

I like beer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Loks like Chain Reaction Cycles are still making a few bob.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/pedal-power-sales-at-chain-reaction-bike-shop-top-200m-31578478.html

Total revenue over €200 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Eamonnator wrote: »

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/pedal-power-sales-at-chain-reaction-bike-shop-top-200m-31578478.html

Nice, always liked them as a company. Long may it last.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,418 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Eamonnator wrote: »

They are making fewer bob than the previous year though.....

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »

What's fifty grand between friends.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

OldBean wrote: »
    Is there anything happening in Sundrive today, Gadetra? Tempted to swing by for a watch on my way back from a cycle if so.

Sorry OldBean only seeing this now. There's only Saturday training from 10 till half 12 for seniors, then juniors one till too I think. You're more than welcome to come down and watch! There has already been the last accreditation of the year sadly. But you can pick up some tips for when you do it next year ;)

ETA the calendar on www.trackcycling.ie has all the sundrive goings on in it :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Beasty wrote: »

Turnover or profit lower? If profit maybe better accountants deferring it until lower corporation tax in Norn Iron is introduced...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Interview with the novelist Colum McCann, who was attacked on the street - made unwary by the fact that he was talking on the phone to his son, who'd just won a cycle race in New York

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/colum-mccann-he-knocked-out-all-my-teeth-i-laughed-it-off-at-first-1.2376355?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

AstraMonti wrote: »
    not enough time to ride :(

Make time....

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Got an SKS digital pressure gauge off a mate who never used it, gauge says my tires have 80psi in them...track pump says 110psi. I never thought cycling would give me trust issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Got an SKS digital pressure gauge off a mate who never used it, gauge says my tires have 80psi in them...track pump says 110psi. I never thought cycling would give me trust issues.

dont worry a 3rd gauge would tell you 95psi. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

RobFowl wrote: »
    Make time....

Do you have the recipe? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Woke up this morning, looked out the window at the weather and though "woohoo - winter bike!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

lennymc wrote: »
    Woke up this morning, looked out the window at the weather and though "woohoo - winter bike!"

I thought "train".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Do you have the recipe? :pac:

I normally include lots of getting up earlier with a dash of realisation that I wont melt if it's raining. :)

You're a "Badass"

Rule#9

http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/#29

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Does Lenny have a saddle bag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Sinn Féin Lord Mayor of Dublin Críona Ní Dhálaigh voted down the plan to allow cyclists to ride contraflow on one-ways - otherwise it would have gone through.

http://irishcycle.com/2015/10/05/push-to-secure-contra-flow-cycling-on-key-dublin-streets-fails-by-one-vote/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Flat this morning in the pissing rain, exactly half way into the commute. Nightmare.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Also hungover to hell yesterday, first time in a long time, and the kettlebells were looking no more attractive than the bike tbh. Couch + rugby + roast chicken curry for the day. Must actually start doing a couple of kettlebell sessions again, as they've not seen much use since the turbo arrived a few winters back, and they're a great way of getting a stiff half hours core work in.

For those about to Aquaplane. We salute you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I am beyond shocked reading the news about Pat from Orwell :( holy hell...

I am beyond shocked reading the news about Pat from Orwell :( holy hell...

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement