Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Enduro

So, how do I dress like the Freds of the running world?

You want to be identifiable as a Fred? Then classic O'Neills GAA shorts, combined with any ballsports jersey you prefer.

Or if you're feeling really brave then a Triathlon onesie would be worth a shot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MediaMan

This is the weirdest survey I have ever seen. For example this question here and many more like it:
    63. When cycling on the main road proceeding straight along the main road and an approaching minor road junction to the left I feel safe to be diverted onto the side minor road to cross and then proceed on my journey along the main road where a cycle facility directs me
    Reminds me of Dave Fanning interviews, where he asks a long rambling question, then answers it himself, leaving the "interviewee" looking stunned. :)

Any question that begins (either literally or figuratively) with "Would you say that...?" is not really a question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Enduro wrote: »
    You want to be identifiable as a Fred? Then classic O'Neills GAA shorts, combined with any ballsports jersey you prefer.

Or if you're feeling really brave then a Triathlon onesie would be worth a shot :)

Sweet. I think I'll match my Donegal jersey with some swimsuit shorts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Is a cyclist licence in Ireland a thing or not? It is in other countries. I don't need it, but would like to have it, just because. :P

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Doesn't exist in Ireland.

• Advertisement

Aw. :(

Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

GvidoR wrote: »
    Is a cyclist licence in Ireland a thing or not? It is in other countries.

Only countries I'm aware of that tried it have long since scrapped licensing. Unless you're talking about a race licence?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Is a cyclist licence in Ireland a thing or not? It is in other countries. I don't need it, but would like to have it, just because. :P

Join Cycling Ireland so, they'll give you a cycling license if that's what you want. Only really needed if you're entering sportives or racing, and for many events you can just get a one day license.

smacl wrote: »
    Join Cycling Ireland so, they'll give you a cycling license if that's what you want. Only really needed if you're entering sportives or racing, and for many events you can just get a one day license.

Joined, but jebus... €30 - €155 for the licence. No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Joined, but jebus... €30 - €155 for the licence. No thanks.
    Even the cheapest licenses include insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

No Bike season is officially here. Just to troll... I'm gonna do this: https://events.athleticsireland.ie/ps/event/AthleticsIrelandAutumnOpenCross2015

So, how do I dress like the Freds of the running world?
    If its chip timing with Performance Timing you may not be doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

koutoubia wrote: »
    If its chip timing with Performance Timing you may not be doing it!

Is it not precision timing?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Is it not precision timing?

Not any more its not ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    Same in France. Cars slow down, then pass at a decent speed.

yeah a lot of drivers seem to think passing fast is better, seriously need revamp the driving test.

RobFowl wrote: »
    Not any more its not ;)

So it is then? Two negatives make a positive and all that?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

So it is then? Two negatives make a positive and all that?

Don't be obtuse ;)

Is anybody else finding themselves logged out of their account on a fairly regular basis despite clicking the "stay logged in" box?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Site has been weird and annoying on and off for a while now. Just can't get the hamsters these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Is anybody else finding themselves logged out of their account on a fairly regular basis despite clicking the "stay logged in" box?

They are slowing kicking you out of the site.. you have to get the hints dude.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Yep, but I know how to log back in so all is OK.

• Advertisement

Raam wrote: »
    Yep, but I know how to log back in so all is OK.

What are we paying for then if essential infrastructural upgrades are not done? A bail out of some continental european tech bubble that burst?!?!

gadetra wrote: »
    Site has been weird and annoying on and off for a while now.

Yep, I don't like the Party bus title either ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

It's crumbling under the weight of bad thread titles.

Happy days as Klopp confirmed as Liverpool manager...

Good news on the cycling front too :))))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Chap working in our building has a vintage Colnago as his summer commuter.

Man I wish I'd worked harder in school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Chap working in our building has a vintage Colnago as his summer commuter.

Man I wish I'd worked harder in school.

On tother hand, it can bring more grief… man I know had an original Elswick Ludlow uppy, passed on by his 90-year-old father. Bad as it is to have any bike stolen, when that was taken by some nasty person in Dublin, the family remained heartbroken.

In other news: this praiseworthy fatso heard the Proclaimers' song I Would Walk 500 Miles, and decided to cycle across America. Piece on BBC World Service - he says the first time he got on a bike he went about 100 yards and had to rest for the day, but he persisted… http://www.fatguyacrossamerica.com/ Respect! Maybe we could get him to cross Europe! On the Iron Curtain cycling trail!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

praiseworthy fatso

That is the most incongruous concatenation of words I've seen this week. I enjoyed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

There is a competition running in WeightWeenies. My bike is there.. you can vote for it if you want (no pressure, only 5 stars please :P).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

RobFowl wrote: »
    Happy days as Klopp confirmed as Liverpool manager...

Good news on the cycling front too :))))

This leaves me conflicted. He is affable, interesting and just downright cool, but such us football fandom I've an irrational dislike of Liverpool. At least its not Chelsea and it will be bloody interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

AstraMonti wrote: »
    There is a competition running in WeightWeenies. My bike is there.. you can vote for it if you want (no pressure, only 5 stars please :P).

I refuse to vote for it until you drop your stem some more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement