Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I think it's the house in Bluebell:]

That's the one. 'She's' bluer now, but still magnificent.
    ETA is that add still live? I'd LOVE to see the inside of it...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Ghandhi (right) is in Kingswood.

10364009_10153020616931115_7512347186731944151_n.jpg?oh=3e1a36f96eec759a5b39c9275cbf2176&oe=5A06B066

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

nee wrote: »
    Really? A half hour cycle is nothing, and I'm not a distance person.
    my LBS is about a 5 minute cycle away, with two others a similar distance.
    i'm not disputing that this place may only be half an hour away on the bike, but i wouldn't call that 'local'. especially since you'd probably have ten or more other bike shops nearer than that, i.e. more local.

anyway, hardly worth arguing over. even though i'm contradicting that by continuing it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

i'm not disputing that this place may only be half an hour away on the bike, but i wouldn't call that 'local'. especially since you'd probably have ten or more other bike shops nearer than that, i.e. more local.

anyway, hardly worth arguing over. even though i'm contradicting that by continuing it...

Just because it's not local to you doesn't mean it's not a lbs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Bee Cycles have them

Ah good! I asked him before and he didn't but I guess he's got them since. Great, very happy to give Dara the custom.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

are the company mentioned - Specialized Bicycle Components Ire Ltd - a subsidiary or a franchise, i wonder?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

that's a weird solution to the issue of 'stairs'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Local is surely relative to where you live. None of your locals are probably local to me, and vice versa

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

10364009_10153020616931115_7512347186731944151_n.jpg?oh=3e1a36f96eec759a5b39c9275cbf2176&oe=5A06B066

That's not Ghandi, its that other hero of the working classes Alf Garnett ;)

Warren-Mitchell_3500789b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

On the N7 you have the added benefit of the terrible/brilliant mother Teresa on the way out and back. Makes me laugh every time!

Once had to drive a man, who's house was named after an Italian man with a hole in his hands and a liking for caustic soda, to a hospice and back. After that experience I wouldn't be looking to enter any such house if occupied! First/second class relics, miracles etc etc and a pure showman when he reached the hospice.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055816943

Good chat there on Hitchen's treatment of her. Book & documentary title are pretty harsh!

Your pretty well travelled when you've gone through the airport named after her

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

That's the one. 'She's' bluer now, but still magnificent.
    ETA is that add still live? I'd LOVE to see the inside of it...

I have never noticed that house! For anyone else who's similarly curious...

https://goo.gl/maps/eBUjBqtpbLk

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

buffalo wrote: »

There's some quality mural action on the side too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Blessed Phil Lynott used to smile upon travellers between Balbriggan and Naul until he was removed a while back. The road hasn't been the same since.

https://goo.gl/maps/7g7fKKaFcc12

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Always thought the guy on the left was a bit o a midget, and if Gandhi dwarfs him I think my point is proven.....

:pac:

Beasty wrote: »
    Always thought the guy on the left was a bit o a midget, and if Gandhi dwarfs him I think my point is proven.....

:pac:

At least that midget doesn't crash while raci- oh wait.

Great radio doc on RTE earlier about Stephen Roche's Triple Crown, featuring a few local voices: The Orwell Wheeler

• Registered Users Posts: 14,402 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Great radio doc on RTE earlier about Stephen Roche's Triple Crown, featuring a few local voices: The Orwell Wheeler

thanks just found the download
    http://www.rte.ie/radio1/doconone/2017/0706/888312-the-orwell-wheeler/

oops just realised you had the link there couldn't see it on the tablet.

is chucote on hols? not much from her in the last ten days.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

In for MRI on my shoulders last night, given ear plugs and headphones to cut out some of the noise of the machine. First time listening to Radio Nova in a couple of decades and what's the first song to come up but this.

• Advertisement

I drove from Baggot St to Blackhorse along the canal late enough last night, I passed 7 cyclists with no lights or reflective gear and most in dark clothes. And these were only the ones going the same direction as me. It actually angered me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

smacl wrote: »
    In for MRI on my shoulders last night, given ear plugs and headphones to cut out some of the noise of the machine.

I had to have an MRI on my head last week. I'm not particularly claustrophobic but I have to say I was on the ragged edge of freaking out when I was in the machine for the first few minutes. I just shut my eyes and imagined I was on the bike and managed to calm myself enough to get through it. :o

BTW, they gave me ear plugs but no headphones! Private healthcare me arse! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Anyone familiar with this guy on the N11? Text says the M11 but it doesn't look like the M11 to me, unless they moved the bike elsewhere before taking the photo.

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/887207464172744705

• Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Anyone familiar with this guy on the N11? Text says the M11 but it doesn't look like the M11 to me, unless they moved the bike elsewhere before taking the photo.

Yea i'd say they pulled over the motorbiker from the motorway onto the old N11...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Yea i'd say they pulled over the motorbiker from the motorway onto the old N11...

It looks like just past Bray where it flicks between the N11 and M11. I have seen a few of those around. I presume it would have been dangerous to stop him on the M11 due to speed etc. There was a shiny red version of one of those type of bikes on the bike path, going against the flow of traffic the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm glad they've finally pulled one of these for no insurance. Might start putting to bed the myth of them being legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

seamus wrote: »
    I'm glad they've finally pulled one of these for no insurance. Might start putting to bed the myth of them being legal.

The people who ride them are not the kind of people who follow the Gardaí on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Effects wrote: »
    The people who ride them are not the kind of people who follow the Gardaí on Twitter.
    No, but the media might pick it up. There are also plenty of people on Twitter saying they'd seen these around but didn't know if they were illegal.

Lots of them for sale in the various Facebook groups, being sold as 'no need for tax, insurance etc etc'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

seamus wrote: »
    No, but the media might pick it up. There are also plenty of people on Twitter saying they'd seen these around but didn't know if they were illegal.

The tweet was a bit vague saying to stick to the mountain and not the motorway. Should have said motorway and public roads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement