Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Lots of them for sale in the various Facebook groups, being sold as 'no need for tax, insurance etc etc'

I saw them for sale at the Ideal Home Show at the RDS. Their advertising sign said they were road legal as did the guy selling them when I questioned him.
    Deliberately misguiding people who might be interested in buying them.

I passed a fat bike yesterday evening heading out towards fairview. Handlebar phone mount and watching a TV show on his phone while cycling.
    Consistently moving to the front at every red light despite being quite slow!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Stepashane seems to that electric car range anxiety kicks in at about 50km.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/shane-ross-did-not-buy-electric-car-because-of-range-anxiety-1.3158675

Transport really doesn't interest him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Stepashane seems to that electric car range anxiety kicks in at about 50km.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/shane-ross-did-not-buy-electric-car-because-of-range-anxiety-1.3158675

Transport really doesn't interest him at all.

Nonsense article - he never suggested that the range issue bothered him because he worried about getting to work and home again on a single charge.

Can i ask a question while i am here - where is the best spot to buy tubes (online ). I want to stock up on few.

Fian wrote: »
    Can i ask a question while i am here - where is the best spot to buy tubes (online ). I want to stock up on few.

I usually use Rose Bikes from Germany. Get a puncture repair kit too rather than throw away a good tube that needs a small repair.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Saw a man cycling with a Unicycle attached to the back of his bike today with one of those tow bars for adding children carriers etc. It woke up a lot of the commuters with a small surprise

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

we need to argue more about groupsets and e-bikes here, seemingly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RNXvhMgltY

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i asked in aldi earlier how their cheaper garmin unit can have been reduced from €129 to €89 for an entire year without ever having been at the higher price in that time period. i got a 'i can find out for you?' response which clearly indicated that the person i was talking to had no interest in assisting with the query.

i asked in aldi earlier how their cheaper garmin unit can have been reduced from €129 to €89 for an entire year without ever having been at the higher price in that time period. i got a 'i can find out for you?' response which clearly indicated that the person i was talking to had no interest in assisting with the query.

Is this Santry where they've had a single 25 for at least a year

they have them in a few stores - last night, in the finglas branch.

• Advertisement

This came up on my FB from the Spokesman, whose dad is apparently driving the car. Look how the camera man is being held. Apparently it's from the 1970 Ras

20245822_1566392940067307_3794938737261225429_n.jpg?oh=683d99ff1b6f67ae188af0e1c91f3652&oe=59C592BB

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

I see Just Eat are taking over as sponsor of Dublin Bikes... I wonder if they could run a campaign among their members not to have delivery drivers block cycle lanes?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Weepsie wrote: »
    This came up on my FB from the Spokesman, whose dad is apparently driving the car. Look how the camera man is being held. Apparently it's from the 1970 Ras
    This is magnificent.

EDIT: The photo, not the behaviour! Though the insouciance is impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

From Paddy Power on Facebook with the line: In case you missed THAT photo, absolutely incredible what 16 stages of the Tour de France can do to your legs...

422871.jpg

I find that very amusing :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

tomasrojo wrote: »
    This is magnificent.

EDIT: The photo, not the behaviour! Though the insouciance is impressive.

Oooh look at tomasrojo and his cromulent words!

Is this Santry where they've had a single 25 for at least a year
    response to an email:
    "We can confirm that the original price for this product was €129.99 in all stores.

On occasion, individual stores may reduce the price of a particular product. This could be for number of reasons, such as higher volume of surplus stock or restricted warehouse space. These reductions are made by the Store Managers at their own discretion and are displayed accordingly."

'individual stores' seem to have acted completely in lockstep in their individual pricing decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Anyone watch Pharmacy Road? You haven't? Lucky you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

So I finally get to climb Mont Ventoux. Made it up in 2:05hrs and having actually passed a few people on a climb I was keen to put it on strava to see how I compared to others that day. Strava didn't seem to think I was actually there. In some places I was cycling out in thin air. B%lls!

So I decided to see could I fix the dodgy data using Raceshape to snap the data to the actual position of the road rather than where the garmin thought I was.

I did better than just fixing it - I managed to give myself a KOM on a section just before you leave the wooded section. Go me!

I revelled in my new found glory for about half a minute before deleting the ride.

Anyone got any suggestions as to how I could better fix the data?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Hold on, raceshape is strava now. If they accept the corrected ride, what's the problem?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Anyone got any suggestions as to how I could better fix the data?

Ride it again tomorrow ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Bit of a long shot, but does anyone remember a video that Team Sky released on their Youtube channel that had this as the backing track:

c'mon, it's not *that* difficult to string four words together in a manner which actually has a meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I saw another pic yesterday. He's on a 'Gerard' bike. Can't take away his achievements so far. 10 years ago he said he was going to be world champion and just went after it. I wish we had more people with his heart and determination

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Full carbon bike, floppy shoes and toe straps. Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Miklos wrote: »
    Full carbon bike, floppy shoes and toe straps. Oh dear.

Tell him to his face :pac:

E-cycled from the LBS home. Via Ticknock of course.

Even being 2 sizes too small, wife's ebike felt like a drug. FANTASTIC. :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Still off the bike with mildly banjaxed shoulders so decided to walk up to Cruagh wood via Massey's wood to get some form of exercise. God but this walking lark is slow, particularly coming down hill. The fact that when walking with out of action arms means that a close gated equates to a dead end doesn't help much either. Mellow enough, but if the arms aren't any better in a week, I'll be getting a chin rest fitted to the handlebars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Always remember folks, when fault finding with electrical equipment, like a H20 X5 steam cleaner for example, do plug it out before taking a screw driver to it for the fixing part.

You may be lucky and only suffer a minor electrocution if you don't, but a lot worse could happen.

Don't be like David. :(

• Advertisement

safe_image.php?d=AQDAcG-UhChlQQi4&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.wallgif.com%2Fgifs%2F9b237ae652f11fa4ec7adc1cccaac46514879ab7.gif&ext=gif&_nc_hash=AQAAUTPY6-MnCd8t

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement