Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Saw that earlier this week and wish I had the mad interweb skillz to add the witch's/crazy neighbour's theme from the Wizard of Oz over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Always remember folks, when fault finding with electrical equipment, like a H20 X5 steam cleaner for example, do plug it out before taking a screw driver to it for the fixing part.

You may be lucky and only suffer a minor electrocution if you don't, but a lot worse could happen.

Don't be like David. :(

You OK hun? X

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Always remember folks, when fault finding with electrical equipment, like a H20 X5 steam cleaner for example, do plug it out before taking a screw driver to it for the fixing part.

You may be lucky and only suffer a minor electrocution if you don't, but a lot worse could happen.

Don't be like David. :(

Ah crap, doesn't sound like any fun at all. What's the damage?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there's an RSA ad on the radio at the moment, about giving cyclists a safe passing distance when passing them, and it's like nails on a blackboard to me. not because of the message, but because the woman doing the voiceover does not say 'cyclists', but 'cycle-ists'.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

If anybody here knows the eejit that was cycling southbound on the M11 (Gorey Bypass) at 11am can they inform them that a motorway is no place for cyclists.
    I wouldn't mind but the council have actually marked out a dedicated cycle lane on the old N11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

zerks wrote: »
    If anybody here knows the eejit that was cycling southbound on the M11 (Gorey Bypass) at 11am can they inform them that a motorway is no place for cyclists.
    I wouldn't mind but the council have actually marked out a dedicated cycle lane on the old N11.

Welcome to the cycling forum. We all know that 'eejit' because we know every other cyclist ever. He happened to be a foreign tourist that actually thought he was going north. He never heard of Gorey and happened to be beamed onto the M11 by some alien friends of his playing a joke.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

England take the World Cup

:p

(Inquitus knows what I'm going on about anyway!)

Welcome to the cycling forum. We all know that 'eejit' because we know every other cyclist ever. He happened to be a foreign tourist that actually thought he was going north. He never heard of Gorey and happened to be beamed onto the M11 by some alien friends of his playing a joke.

Smartass.

I love how this forum never changes,ignore the fact a gobsh1te was cycling on a motorway and attack the poster. If he'd been mangled by a vehicle you'd be mourning the loss of a comrade.

Fair enough.

By the way, I had to hit the brakes hard on a roundabout yesterday when someone went straight through, rather than actually around it. If you know him (likely is that you do since you drive), let him know how to use a roundabout correctly.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Fair enough.

By the way, I had to hit the brakes hard on a roundabout yesterday when someone went straight through, rather than actually around it. If you know him (likely is that you do since you drive), let him know how to use a roundabout correctly.

All comedians here. It was just a saying. Gorey hasn't a huge population of cyclists unlike Dublin.You'd never know that somebody would know him,you do realise that there are Boardsies nationwide and aren't confined to The Pale.
    That driver is probably somebody I know,sure all drivers know each other too and they have a secret pact to get cyclists at every opportunity.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

all absurdity aside of asking someone here to have a word with another cyclist, would you approach someone you might only casually know and upbraid them about their driving mistakes?

all absurdity aside of asking someone here to have a word with another cyclist, would you approach someone you might only casually know and upbraid them about their driving mistakes?

Nothing like unsolicited advice to break the ice.:P

I have done it,most times they don't even realise what they were doing was wrong or downright dangerous.

Anyhow, the message is,motorways aren't for cyclists, pedestrians, animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Isn't that the very basis of the whole, "All cyclists are...." fallacy? That we're all in some secret cabal and in constant communication with one another?

This idea that someone would "have a word" with another cyclist about their behaviour just reinforces the us -v- them nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

All comedians here. It was just a saying. Gorey hasn't a huge population of cyclists unlike Dublin.You'd never know that somebody would know him,you do realise that there are Boardsies nationwide and aren't confined to The Pale.
    That driver is probably somebody I know,sure all drivers know each other too and they have a secret pact to get cyclists at every opportunity.

Even people in Gorey are going to need a bit more info. So far all we know is it was a male cyclists.

Was this cyclist an Adult or Juvenile Male? What kind of bike was he on...Road Bike or MTB? What was he wearing? Which direction was he heading? what time was it?

BTW...no I don't know him.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Stupid questions = Stupid answers.

I have done it,most times they don't even realise what they were doing was wrong or downright dangerous.

So why didn't you do it at the time, instead of asking people here to do so? If he had club gear on you could have noted the club and go in touch with them.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Feckin sunglasses!

tumblr_otem6ltYsO1swtjjuo1_r2_500.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I was cut up by a nutter driving a silver BMW yesterday on the M6. When you see him will you give him a bollicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I saw a young woman on the phone driving a blue car yesterday, could you have a word while you're doing the rounds.

• Advertisement

I saw a young woman on the phone driving a blue car yesterday, could you have a word while you're doing the rounds.

Blonde? Probably my OH

ThisRegard wrote: »
    So why didn't you do it at the time, instead of asking people here to do so? If he had club gear on you could have noted the club and go in touch with them.

I was northbound, he was southbound. Had I been going the other way I probably would have stopped and had a word. He still had another 8k or so to go before he could get off the motorway.
    The "does anybody here know him" comment was a figure of speech,not an assumption that all cyclists know each other.I could have posted "I saw a guy cycling on the Gorey bypass" and next thing somebody could have replied "yeah I know the guy,he's a hoor for doing it".

Smartass.

I love how this forum never changes,ignore the fact a gobsh1te was cycling on a motorway and attack the poster. If he'd been mangled by a vehicle you'd be mourning the loss of a comrade.

I nearly had a collision with a car that decided they missed their turn yesterday only to pass me, cross the bus lane and brake hard in front of me in the cycle lane so they could do a u-turn. Do you know her?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Shur what harm did he do anyway?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

The "does anybody here know him" comment was a figure of speech,not an assumption that all cyclists know each other.I could have posted "I saw a guy cycling on the Gorey bypass" and next thing somebody could have replied "yeah I know the guy,he's a hoor for doing it".

So do you want me to have a word or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I had an SIS Berry (with caffeine) gel this evening - one of the vilest things I ever tasted.

(in date - stored properly)

Seven Worlds will Collide

I had an SIS Berry (with caffeine) gel this evening - one of the vilest things I ever tasted.

(in date - stored properly)

I wouldn't be a lover of the SIS gels. Got a sample box in Halfords recently with one of each flavour. Most were much.

I find the kinetica gels OK. Cheap enough when buying boxes in discount supplements

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I find SiS tropical gel the best of all artificial tropical flavors I've tried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

If in doubt, High5 banana. Possibly the most amazing non alcoholic thing I've ever tasted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement