Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

RobFowl wrote: »
    The Beast is right, mixing colours is a big No No

Beast_Jim_Lee_art.jpg

Nope, it's all ok, mixed, same - although I personally think the more mixing the better.
    There's an insane lack of colour mixing in cycling. And far too much black.
    Fact :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Watching all those cute little coloured bootees in the recent games in London (forget what the games were called), I was wondering why some of the athletes didn't swap so one would have a pink and a yellow show and another a yellow and a pink one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

nee wrote: »
    Nope, it's all ok, mixed, same - although I personally think the more mixing the better.
    There's an insane lack of colour mixing in cycling. And far too much black.
    Fact :P

Cycling does need more kawasaki green. But none of this mismatched shoite

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i used to have two blue tyres on my bike, and was quite annoyed when i could only find coloured tyres to replace them, in 23mm versions.

i always used to think that if the bike was ever stolen, it'd be easier for a garda to process 'blue tyres' than 'gunmetal grey ridley with surprisingly good nick old 105 gear on it'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

VldwOe8.png

• Advertisement

I work near enough to the Grand Canal so flew down to Bee Cycles to grab a couple of tubes, low on spares, closed until the 22nd for holidays in case anybody is heading over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

A question or two if I may. I have a Trek 1500 SLR with 9spd Ultegra.

Just to confirm, I can use 9spd Sora parts as replacements right? particularly for crankset.

And secondly, does anyone know perhaps what type of Bottom Bracket my bike takes? Like this? http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/de/en/shimano-105-5500-octalink-bottom-bracket/rp-prod906

But I dont know the thread or the length I need, its a double crankset.

Thank you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

I'm fairly certain there were a few boardsies with old 9sp ultegra parts for sale at the car boot sale. Maybe stick a wanted ad in the ad section?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I can't even cope when my tyres don't have the same mileage never mind them being different colours. I'd burn my bike before I put odd coloured tyres on

My inner tubes have to match.

yes please, i would like to buy brake cables sold on a tagline of exceeding limitations.

425536.jpg

• Advertisement

interesting comment on the 'glasnevin heritage' facebook page - which is primarily interested in local history - about the shrubbery outside the bons secour hospital; cyclists would be going downhill as they pass so would probably have picked up some speed.

https://www.facebook.com/GlasnevinHeritage/photos/a.182651638552178.1073741826.182650101885665/884463175037684/?type=3&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

it gave me a bit of a chuckle last night that the woman from the RSA who went over to the conference, and talked about what she saw, admitted to not being a cyclist at all and being nervous about actually getting on a bike; there were multiple arranged cycles for the participants at it, so she had to saddle up.

Just saw this now, is there any point in trying a FOI request to find out how many if any of the RSA's staff actually cycle or are members of cycling clubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Just saw this now, is there any point in trying a FOI request to find out how many if any of the RSA's staff actually cycle or are members of cycling clubs?

You might be able to FoI the number of b2w applications they have processed per year but thats about the extent of it I would guess.

i would assume an FOI request would apply to information they have on file, which is not the same as a request for them to compile information not already available.

i was dying for someone to ask her if she wore a helmet and hi-vis, and chickened out of doing so myself.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    My inner tubes have to match.

A man after my own heart. I don't feel so odd anymore

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

RobFowl wrote: »
    The Beast is right, mixing colours is a big No No

Not a child of the 60s then? I like a splash of colour

FalconpsychedelicJam.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

^ My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Mixing colors and mismatching wheels & group sets, is the primary cause of crashes in A4 racing. FACT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

If it's not a requirement for the job and relates to what they do on their own time then it's nobodies business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

This popped up on Facebook from Cycling Ireland. It's a pilot project between Dublin City Council and See.Sense.

http://www.cyclingireland.ie/cycling-news-item/seesense-launch-worlds-largest-connected-cycle-light-pilot/5658

smacl wrote: »
    Not a child of the 60s then? I like a splash of colour
    god be with the days of the 80s and 90s, when brightly coloured or dayglo bikes were common, e.g. https://www.steel-vintage.com/mbk-trainer-classic-road-bicycle-1990s-detail

god be with the days of the 80s and 90s, when brightly coloured or dayglo bikes were common, e.g. https://www.steel-vintage.com/mbk-trainer-classic-road-bicycle-1990s-detail

That's awesome. And I hate pink!

or this:

1k0.jpg

or this:

snip

That's rank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

A question or two if I may. I have a Trek 1500 SLR with 9spd Ultegra.

Just to confirm, I can use 9spd Sora parts as replacements right? particularly for crankset.

And secondly, does anyone know perhaps what type of Bottom Bracket my bike takes? Like this? http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/de/en/shimano-105-5500-octalink-bottom-bracket/rp-prod906

But I dont know the thread or the length I need, its a double crankset.

Thank you.

If you are changing crankset anyway, I'd be inclined to change completely to HT2.

So either of these BB
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/shimano-tiagra-4700-bottom-bracket/rp-prod137762

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/shimano-ultegra-6800-bottom-bracket/rp-prod108701

You'll need same tool to install either than 6800 will come with a plastic adapter as it is narrower.

The key to long life is a little grease on installation and be really gentle installing preload plastic cap on non drive side crank.

This 10 speed crank would be fine

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/shimano-tiagra-4700-compact-10-speed-crankset/rp-prod137765

If you need to change shifters, I'd be inclined to get old 10 speed 105, old ultegra 5600, 6600, 7800 etc; not for you if you value aesthetics over function but the last generation of shifters that didn't have gear cable hidden are much more reliable than some later versions bar you go for 11 speed 5800/6800.

Match you derailleurs to your shifters and you should be fine. There are shed full of old 10 speed I would think

Your rear hub should be ok with 10 speed, but I'm not sure what you have

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

nee wrote: »
    That's rank

Useful when cycling through forests during winter and not wanting to be shot at by hunters!

possibly the largest frame i've seen on a mountain bike too.

possibly the largest frame i've seen on a mountain bike too.

Some pain in the hole to cycle without a chain or rear cassette

• Advertisement

pedals would also help.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement