Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Came across this guy thanks to a friend. Dermot Higgins, cycling around the world, as you do! Interesting reading.
    https://www.facebook.com/dermot.higgins.311?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Some pain in the hole to cycle without a chain or rear cassette

For downhills only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

smacl wrote: »
    Not a child of the 60s then? I like a splash of colour

FalconpsychedelicJam.jpg

SHAGADELIC BABY.
    the car boot sale.
    Was actually thinking about this yesterday. i need to approach the local innkeeper in the next week or so ....so maybe bring up the subject of holding it again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/police-arrest-man-alert-vuelta-nimes/
    Police arrest man after alert in Vuelta host city Nimes

Police in Nimes, where the Vuelta is currently starting, have carried out the arrest of a man and then stood down a major security operation tonight.

The local police received reports of suspicious activity in the train station and rushed to the scene.

Nimes station was evacuated as part of the security operation. The area around it was closed. And police also urged people to stay away from the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Some numpty just ploughed a pram with child on board into my bike outside the coffee shop. Apparently my stupid f$$cking bike shouldn't have been there... in the bike rack. I give up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Out for a cycle this morning and there was a creaking coming from the left side of the bottom bracket area so used it as an excuse to take it out.

Looking at the pictures below, is my crankset beyond re-use? or is there some life left in it?

IMG_20170820_160627.jpg

IMG_20170820_160635.jpg

The replacement for my bb below seems to be this :
    https://www.bike-components.de/en/Shimano/BB-5500-105-Octalink-Bottom-Bracket-p955/

Any better replacement for the money?

IMG_20170820_160655.jpg

Those teeth could use a trip to the dentist but I'd say even he would recommend a replacement!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

koutoubia wrote: »
    SHAGADELIC BABY.

Was actually thinking about this yesterday. i need to approach the local innkeeper in the next week or so ....so maybe bring up the subject of holding it again?
    Got a few more cranksets to put on display this year - all in better condition than the one shown above (and some completely unused)

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

interesting comment on the 'glasnevin heritage' facebook page - which is primarily interested in local history - about the shrubbery outside the bons secour hospital; cyclists would be going downhill as they pass so would probably have picked up some speed.

https://www.facebook.com/GlasnevinHeritage/photos/a.182651638552178.1073741826.182650101885665/884463175037684/?type=3&theater

It's a fairly nasty one for sure. I always sit out in the middle of the lane/road when passing it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

The replacement for my bb below seems to be this :
    Any better replacement for the money?

Not really, the cheapest I ever picked one up was 20euro and they were pretty decent, long lasting BBs. I always found the shimano ones to be pretty decent and long lasting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Fian wrote: »
    good photo essay in the Gurdain on 3,750km audax race (belgium to greece). completed in just under 9 days.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/bike-blog/gallery/2017/aug/11/the-transcontinental-bike-race-2400-gruelling-miles-across-europe-in-pictures

Serious kudos to the Irish competitors, including Turlough O'Siochain, from Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Anyone having trouble logging in to Eurosport on Android since the recent update? Have contacted them on Twitter as I can't find a specific IT-type issue email.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Anyone having trouble logging in to Eurosport on Android since the recent update? Have contacted them on Twitter as I can't find a specific IT-type issue email.

have you turned your location services on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

No problem logging in but I'm having intermittent problems buffering/freezing when using Chromecast, End of the stage today was nearly unwatchable.

Never had a problem before the upgrade.

(have it on there now and it's fine)

Seven Worlds will Collide

Yes indeed dude, thanks. Cleared cache etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

No issues here thankfully, but I do find I have to fully close and restart the app each day for the schedule to show up properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

No problem logging in but I'm having intermittent problems buffering/freezing when using Chromecast, End of the stage today was nearly unwatchable.

Never had a problem before the upgrade.

(have it on there now and it's fine)

The updated iPad app doesn't even have the casting function. Annoying.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I just ended my subscription. I only really watch winter sports and the Spring Classics on it anyway, so no major harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

Colombian TV highlights of Stage 4 L'Avenir, Darragh O'MahOney almost made it with a solo break.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBrktIia6jw

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

A murderer is let out of prison after 30 years. Among his possessions is a ticket for a bike he left into be repaired. Out of curiosity, he goes back to where the shop was and it's still there. He goes into the shop and the it's the same guy behind the counter. The murderer hands over his ticket and the assistant goes into the back, comes out again and says "it'll be ready next Thursday"

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

A bolt of lightning struck the ESB box across the street from my house at 5.30 this evening and blew it up. I know it's a cliche but we don't appreciate electricity until we don't have it. What a long evening.

A bolt of lightning struck the ESB box across the street from my house at 5.30 this evening and blew it up. I know it's a cliche but we don't appreciate electricity until we don't have it. What a long evening.

It was back by just after 7 too and there was mass panic. It really is gas isn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It was back by just after 7 too and there was mass panic. It really is gas isn't it
    not back yet here. 6 ESB vans and a digger on scene now.

not back yet here. 6 ESB vans and a digger on scene now.

Really? Was back in Rush at 7.15. All evening is a bit pants alright

Anybody here doing this?

http://crossrugbylegends.com/route/

Ordered wheelset, tyres, tubes and other bits from Chainreaction last thursday.

EMailed yesterday as the tracking hadnt updated since Friday.

Get an email back, "our delivery partner had a catastrophic fire at the weekend, your order will be delayed by 5 days"

:(

Ordered wheelset, tyres, tubes and other bits from Chainreaction last thursday.

EMailed yesterday as the tracking hadnt updated since Friday.

Get an email back, "our delivery partner had a catastrophic fire at the weekend, your order will be delayed by 5 days"

:(

Jeepers. Not nice when that happens to a business.

Jeepers. Not nice when that happens to a business.

I can imagine there was a lot of stuff in there over the weekend too!

A murderer is let out of prison after 30 years. Among his possessions is a ticket for a bike he left into be repaired. Out of curiosity, he goes back to where the shop was and it's still there. He goes into the shop and the it's the same guy behind the counter. The murderer hands over his ticket and the assistant goes into the back, comes out again and says "it'll be ready next Thursday"

Terrible service! Is he back in for murder again as a result of the delay?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0825/899834-road-safety-school-children/
    Each child starting school to receive high-vis vest

Invincibility shields!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

buffalo wrote: »

Just listened to it myself. Absolutely awful stuff from the RSA there, doing lots without doing much at all

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement