Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

well, one of the shifters is the brake - so i assume you mean removing the smaller lever?
    Yes, the small levers.

Will the brake levers work perfectly as brake levers without using their shifting component, and with the other levers removed?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Maybe not but the treatment of Conor by the Irish media has been atrocious.
    I thought he was very well treated considering the set up. Most seemed to be quite positive he would last a few rounds and had a potential to win which most pro commentators did not feel was likely.
    Does anyone know if the gear shifting component of a STI shifter works completely independently of the braking component?

That is, can I remove the shifters and still have the brakes?
    Could you just remove the gear cable would be simpler.

CramCycle wrote: »
    ...Could you just remove the gear cable would be simpler.
    I could but I thought they might look odd on a fixed gear. (It's a pair of 9 sp Dura Ace shifters that I have gathering dust so I was thinking of utilising them).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Well, joggers should definitely stay out of the cycle lanes, so the Taoiseach is certainly setting a bad example here! :rolleyes:

zpmip.png

I could but I thought they might look odd on a fixed gear. (It's a pair of 9 sp Dura Ace shifters that I have gathering dust so I was thinking of utilising them).
    This way if ypu ever need them you can reuse them again. Just connect the brake cable agus sin e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Well, joggers should definitely stay out of the cycle lanes, so the Taoiseach is certainly setting a bad example here! :rolleyes:
    At least he's going contraflow and is without earphones...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Ad on my FB feed.

WTF.

Screen_Shot_2017-08-27_at_15.28.17.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Tenzor07 wrote: »

Looks like he's in a closed road run/race to be honest. Nothing to see here I'd say.

He did help get a lovely bit of cycle way on the Royal Canal, but only in his constituency, and only in his locality too when....that bothers me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

is it just me, or has anyone else started receiving kudos from people they've no connection to, on strava?
    got one today from a chap in Rio. not that i would usually disavow praise, but i was wondering what it was about my spin through ardcath and the naul which stood out for someone in brazil.

is it just me, or has anyone else started receiving kudos from people they've no connection to, on strava?
    got one today from a chap in Rio. not that i would usually disavow praise, but i was wondering what it was about my spin through ardcath and the naul which stood out for someone in brazil.
    Get them all the time. I think they are hoping you will follow them and return the kudos.

(Is the chap from Rio the one who is usually top the Boards.ie leaderboard and is a member of dozens of |\strava clubs?)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

actually, i've just noticed it's rio de janeiro, italy:

https://www.strava.com/athletes/22059850

actually, i've just noticed it's rio de janeiro, italy:

https://www.strava.com/athletes/22059850
    He's in the boards.ie Strava club and following almost 3000 others. Probably has set up some sort of automated system for giving kudos to thousands.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

He gave me some too for a 6 am commute from a friend's house to my apartment that was about 5 km. Now the streets were lined with mobs of McGregor fans, so maybe I deserved it, but was damn strange when I had also just upload my hilly 105 km cycle at the same timme.

Just see he gave me kudos also - must have done everyone in the club.

must have done everyone in the club.

That guy, we all know that guy, every club has one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Watching Home of the Year last night, there was an aluminium-sided north Dublin house with a huge room set up as a cycling workshop. Beautiful house!

https://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/home-of-the-year-30003316/10768415/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Chuchote wrote: »
    Watching Home of the Year last night, there was an aluminium-sided north Dublin house with a huge room set up as a cycling workshop. Beautiful house!

https://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/home-of-the-year-30003316/10768415/

Can't believe that the carbon one didn't win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Just see he gave me kudos also - must have done everyone in the club.
    He didnt give me kudos ...fooker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Kudos has lost its currency. A spin into work, nipping down the shops for milk or some such..and some saddo is bound to give you the thumbs up.

Why would you want them anyway? Unless you place well in a race or finish a tough brevet in good time...all the rest is a bit of an embarrassment.

Hard men ? Needy big girls blouses is more like it. Get out and get some validation the old fashioned way - on the podium/ finishers list. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    Hard men ? Needy big girls blouses is more like it. Get out and get some validation the old fashioned way - on the podium/ finishers list. ;)

Do you mean a Strava KOM podium? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Unless you place well in a race or finish a tough brevet in good time...all the rest is a bit of an embarrassment.

Pff. Races.

What's your hurry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

buffalo wrote: »
    Do you mean a Strava KOM podium? :D

The stickybottle/ gale force wind assisted Strava KOM podium ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Pff. Races.

What's your hurry?

I'm slowly dying, every second that passes brings me closer to the grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Pff. Races.

What's your hurry?

If you're not chasing KOMs are you even cycling? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I don't know what's more ridiculous.

A middle aged man, who frequently wears lycra, cautioning other middle-aged men not to wear lycra?

Or middle-aged men getting so upset about this middle-aged man's comments that he had to publicly apologise for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

The stickybottle/ gale force wind assisted Strava KOM podium ;)

They are the best ones - also known as Beasty specials! I got one by 5 mins over a 19km segment recently. Mine forever unless a pro peleton comes through!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Or middle-aged men getting so upset about this middle-aged man's comments that he had to publicly apologise for them?

I think he's apologising purely out of commercial self-interest.

or he made the initial comments out of commercial self interest too.

i did not know he sold gear until this. goal achieved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,943 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Fecking catastrophic failure on my track pump tonight, the black rubber on the main tube has turned all white and powdery and it just blew apart on me, I couldnt believe it, its only 3 years old aswell. Anyone know when they'll be in Lidl or Aldi or seen any bargains lately?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement