Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

they had them in aldi a few days ago - for a massive €6.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Thargor wrote: »
    Fecking catastrophic failure on my track pump tonight, the black rubber on the main tube has turned all white and powdery and it just blew apart on me, I couldnt believe it, its only 3 years old aswell. Anyone know when they'll be in Lidl or Aldi or seen any bargains lately?

They were due to be in Lidl on Monday 28 too, I have one and it is solid for the price and does what it should too, buy two while you are at it. You should find them around somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 17,943 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

In there yesterday, perfect timing, thanks:

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?id=98&week=1

Wow those Lidl track pumps are the cycling bargain of the year, all metal, big clear gauge, lovely smooth action and a box full of adapters built into the handle for air matresses and various other stuff, it feels so well made, more like a €50 pump than €7, 3 year warranty aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I'm suddenly fearful for the €200 deposit on my rental bike after noticing that my f'ing clown feet have worn away patches of paint on both cranks and a descent through a minor landslide yesterday put a chip the size of a match-head in the fork. :- |

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

I'm suddenly fearful for the €200 deposit on my rental bike after noticing that my f'ing clown feet have worn away patches of paint on both cranks and a descent through a minor landslide yesterday put a chip the size of a match-head in the fork. :- |

Ah sure with any luck they'll be selling off rental bikes from tomorrow anyway.

Bike commuting by electoral division, from the Census. Oddly, Harold's Cross, which normally comes up top for cycling in surveys, has fewer than the eastern neighbours:

http://census.cso.ie/p6map21/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

No one cycles to Cherrywood? Am I reading it right?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

....and no one cycling in from Balbriggan, Skerries, Rush, Lusk either! :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

maybe no one fills out the census up there?

• Advertisement

Leaving a bike at Cherrywood is a faster way to get rid of it than putting it up for free on Adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I paid a deposit on a trek 1.2 today. Now I'm struggling have to decide the colour. Either Matt black which looks cool or California Sky Blue. I'm edging towards the blue as my other road bike is Matt black and white. What does everyone think?

Matt Black
    https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/bikes/road-bikes/performance-road/1-series/c/B214/

Or Blue
    https://www.trekbikes.com/ie/en_IE/bikes/road-bikes/performance-road/1-series/1-2/p/1401010-2017/

Decisions decisions! It has my head wrecked.

stealth black is *so* 2016.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Thargor wrote: »
    Leaving a bike at Cherrywood is a faster way to get rid of it than putting it up for free on Adverts.

What? I cycle to Cherrywood.

Are you thinking of Cherry Orchard?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

stealth black is *so* 2016.

I could never claim to be ahead of the curve.

what's the difference between a cherry wood and a cherry orchard? whether the trees are planted in lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

what's the difference between a cherry wood and a cherry orchard? whether the trees are planted in lines?

That and a shed load if gangland related crimes.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Either Matt black which looks cool or California Sky Blue.
    "Sky" Blue FTW;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The blue is nicer.
    That makes some sense. Any guesses on what a Cherryhound is?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I paid a deposit on a trek 1.2 today. Now I'm struggling have to decide the colour. Either Matt black which looks cool or California Sky Blue. I'm edging towards the blue as my other road bike is Matt black and white. What does everyone think?

Matt Black
    https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/bikes/road-bikes/performance-road/1-series/c/B214/

Or Blue
    https://www.trekbikes.com/ie/en_IE/bikes/road-bikes/performance-road/1-series/1-2/p/1401010-2017/

Blue

• Advertisement

Where the Trees Have No Names.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

The homeless man found dead today on the streets, I actually knew him fairly well, had looked after him weekly. A lovely guy who spent years in Oz and came back when he fell on troubled times.
    He had actually been a resident of Apollo House last winter.

Spare a thought for those sleeping rough this winter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

Chuchote wrote: »
    Bike commuting by electoral division, from the Census. Oddly, Harold's Cross, which normally comes up top for cycling in surveys, has fewer than the eastern neighbours:

http://census.cso.ie/p6map21/

Interesting map.

Oddly, at least 237 people work in the Phoenix Park, and apparently at least 106 people live there... and that's just bike commuters?!

i can understand a lot of people working there - there's the OSI, st. marys, the zoo, garda HQ, the aras, and a few other smaller places. but the inhabitants?

similar weirdness for my electoral area - in a section of the suburbs with hundreds of houses, it claims:
    "There were 95 persons who commuted from within the electoral division of X to their place of work outside this electoral division.

There were 43 persons who commuted by bicycle from outside the electoral division of X to work within this electoral division.

Net commuters Out: 52"
    that seems far too low for people commuting out of the area. regarding people cycling in, there are maybe 20 shops, and three or four schools. so that *could* be accurate?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

The map is based on electoral divisions. The dots appear in the middle of each electoral division. If you click on the dot, you'll see the boundary of the electoral division. While some people do live in the park, the Phoenix Park division also takes in all the houses and apartments on the south side of Chapelizod Road/Conyngham Road.

the Phoenix Park division also takes in all the houses and apartments on the south side of Chapelizod Road/Conyngham Road.
    aha - hadn't spotted that.

And the Park Rangers, who - some of them, anyway - live in nice houses at the gates, or used to.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

There's a surprising amount of houses in the Phoenix Park once you explore a bit. Always been a bit envious of people who get to live there.

• Advertisement

i went to school with two guys who lived in the park. nice back garden to have.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement