Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Cyclist creaming themselves is pretty hilarious, but that photocall is one of the cringiest pieces of Irish PR I've seen in a while. Not that I go looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

I'm sure the picture raised 'awareness' alright.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I'm sure the picture raised

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

OldBean wrote: »
    Cyclist creaming themselves is pretty hilarious, but that photocall is one of the cringiest pieces of Irish PR I've seen in a while. Not that I go looking for it.

I wonder how many people actually noticed that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

OldBean wrote: »

Once upon a time all Irish PR stunts bespoke media communication interfaces involved Glenda Gilson in a gold bikini at the top of Grafton Street. Those were happier, more innocent times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Netherlands data have shown that people who cycle 73 minutes per week live six months longer:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34498871

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Netherlands data have shown that people who cycle 73 minutes per week live six months longer:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34498871

Yeah, but I will probably spend at least 6 months of my life browsing Chainreaction /Wiggle etc. so it all balances out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

New work parking arrangements are infinitely more satisfactory

20151012_084930.jpg

Hoping to claw back some miles by getting out directly after work.

No showers so pre work spins involve getting home early enough to shower and cycle to work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Deliveroo's hiring cycle couriers. Dunno what they pay

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2015/10/12/piping-hot-cyclists-wanted/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Bike lights not supplied.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

My six year old is outside making a city out of Playmobil and chalk. She has carefully drawn a separated bike lane with appropriate crossing points and markings. It even has a direct route between buildings that takes priority over her cars. Ha, future town planner in the making!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

"Bring your photo ID and bank details"... ID I can understand, but bank details at an open day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Who knew there were so many shooting stars on the go...

Not me!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

Who knew there were so many shooting stars on the go...

Not me!

Russian missiles

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

My six year old is outside making a city out of Playmobil and chalk. She has carefully drawn a separated bike lane with appropriate crossing points and markings. It even has a direct route between buildings that takes priority over her cars. Ha, future town planner in the making!

That is magnificent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Looking in my cycling lexicon the entry for Planet X says "see Canyon"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Had my first spill on the way home tonight. I was the 3rd bike in a row of 3, we were all slowing down for a red light then the lights changed and we all took off. 1st lad hits a pothole and ends upcoming off, 2nd guy runs into his leg and I clipped him sending myself over the handlebars and out in front of a car.
    The lady driving the car somehow got stopped literally an inch before going over my ankle, I had to pull to get my foot out so any further and I was fecked.
    Few scratches on my pedal and rear mech with a bent spoke on the front wheel being the extent of my damage. Sore elbow and wrist but be grand.
    No real damage to the other guys either, first guy took a big hit to the stones but he seemed grand after and we all luckily cycled away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

ronoc wrote: »

I watched the Fabian video after this..makes for interesting watching..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Get well *back out on the bike* soon Jimmy, taking a spill is never nice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

gadetra wrote: »
    Get well *back out on the bike* soon Jimmy, taking a spill is never nice

Sore lower back and sore wrist now. Off the bike now until I fix the spoke and gears, which will be tomorrow at the earliest, the wheel still seems true even though a spoke is bent
    IMvDja1.jpg

B7d1cTl.jpg

Dq6aPtS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Sore lower back and sore wrist now. Off the bike now until I fix the spoke and gears, which will be tomorrow at the earliest, the wheel still seems true even though a spoke is bent

The wheel will likely go out of true if a spoke got bent. Marks on the derailleur means your hanger is likely bent and could end up pushing the derailleur into the spokes at some later date. You'll want to get both of those sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/motorists-take-heed-the-road-belongs-to-all-of-us-who-use-it-31608776.html

In recent years, the popularity of cyclists and cycling clubs has created a new tractor-like logjam.
    Most weekends, travel any part of the country and you are bound to come across groups of cyclists, strapped into lycra and wearing those 'go faster' helmets. They cycle in formation, looking like shoals of fish, and again these groups are just too wide to be overtaken unless on the straight.
    I have argued with friendly MAMILS (middle-aged men in lycra) that it might be better if they strung out in single file, but I have been assured that is more dangerous. Nevertheless, it can be extremely frustrating waiting for the straight and hoping the outer cyclists will bunch in, just a little.

But actually, overall, the article is pretty balanced.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Fian wrote: »

Well apart from the age old chestnut of "road tax" being invoked...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

cdaly_ wrote: »
    The wheel will likely go out of true if a spoke got bent. Marks on the derailleur means your hanger is likely bent and could end up pushing the derailleur into the spokes at some later date. You'll want to get a new bike!
    Fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Is this the hipster version of Rapha? http://isadoreapparel.com/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Is this the hipster version of Rapha? http://isadoreapparel.com/

I don't know, but it's always coming up in my ads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Weepsie wrote: »
    I don't know, but it's always coming up in my ads

I don't see how it's any more hipster than regular Rapha...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Outside of the internet, I dont think I've ever encountered a hipster. What do they look like ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement