Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

What's up with the car?

It broke down from lack of use. Very sad.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Chuchote wrote: »
    Why is staying downstairs snobbish? :eek:
    She is just a snob for not wanting to use PT as she doesn't like it on her own. The staying downstairs bit is more ignorance from lack of use as regular users who go end to end will know that its the least comfy with all the crowding.
    rubadub wrote: »
    how do you mean "not there yet", technology? price?
    I meant my partner, not the bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    It broke down from lack of use. Very sad.

Clutch master cylinder has gone along with some other things. It's also depressed due to lack of use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Clutch master cylinder has gone along with some other things. It's also depressed due to lack of use.

Holy ****. That's poor. Was it just old?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Cheapish and easy fix on most cars, unless it's a Ford Focus, Ford in their wisdom put the slave cylinder inside the gearbox and if the seals are gone in the master cylinder the slave isn't usually far behind.

As for the depression, a bit of dipetane with the next full tank should sort it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Felt good after the few days cycling in Spain. Ordered a sexy Santini Vuelta Jersey. Went up a size to large just to be safe. It arrived today. Obviously, the Italian cyclists definition of Large differs significantly from that of an Irish carpenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

If I ever get a custom user title let it be "Habitual equine dental inspector"

Twice today when I could have just left a bike imperfectly functioning I had to push for perfection and ended up doubling the size of the job for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Twice today when I could have just left a bike imperfectly functioning I had to push for perfection and ended up doubling the size of the job for myself.

Put the bike in the stand last Saturday to clean it. Current situation is a bare frame in my stand... not a thing left on it. I feel your pain. Although being savage on the tools helps :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Perfection can be a dangerous thing to strive for

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

http://www.dublincity.ie/cycling-and-walking-promotion-extends-city-wide

DCC initiative to promote walking and cycling...
    On Wednesday, 20th September, 2017 an tArdmhéara Mícheál Mac Donncha and Owen Keegan, Chief Executive officially launch Dublin City Council’s cycling and walking initiative Hike It. Bike It. Like It. Dublin at an event in the atrium, Civic Offices, Wood Quay as part of European Mobility Week 2017.

If I put aside the cynical part of me, it sounds promising!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

tomasrojo wrote: »
    But it's only four euro a month.

No monthly fee with GoCar and it's actually free to sign up this week only

https://my.gocar.ie/signup.php

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I've never parked in Drury St, I assume it's similar to this? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

loyatemu wrote: »
    No monthly fee with GoCar and it's actually free to sign up this week only

https://my.gocar.ie/signup.php

I think the "no monthly fee" part might be for this week only too. At least, I'm still paying four euro a month. (I mean, if you join this week you don't have to pay the monthly fee for a while, or something like that. Maybe I should look into whether I'm paying too much.)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

tomasrojo wrote: »
    I think the "no monthly fee" part might be for this week only too. At least, I'm still paying four euro a month. (I mean, if you join this week you don't have to pay the monthly fee for a while, or something like that. Maybe I should look into whether I'm paying too much.)

they changed their charging model in February to €10 signup with no monthly fee - you can switch onto the new system from the old (but I think the hourly charges are different too so check those).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Rainfall Radar on met.ie is a wonderful thing. Lunch inside today so!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

I've never parked in Drury St, I assume it's similar to this? :pac:

The resemblance is uncanny ;)

loyatemu wrote: »
    they changed their charging model in February to €10 signup with no monthly fee - you can switch onto the new system from the old (but I think the hourly charges are different too so check those).

Ah, that rings a bell. I'll have a look at my old emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Get on the train along with someone with a bike.

The two guys in the corner start talking about needing angle grinders these days instead of bolt cutters...

Hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

428454.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Spotted this in the Irish Times today:
    At a meeting of the Urban District Council in 1896, it was concluded “cyclists are more dangerous than horses” and the area of Kenilworth Square was set aside solely for cyclists wishing to pursue their hobby.

• Advertisement

And in 2017, much the same sentiment:
    Cyclists in the capital won’t disagree, but don’t despair, there are many bicycle-friendly cities a short flight away and perfect for an autumn weekend getaway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Spotted this in the Irish Times today:

At a meeting of the Urban District Council in 1896, it was concluded “cyclists are more dangerous than horses” and the area of Kenilworth Square was set aside solely for cyclists wishing to pursue their hobby.

Nowadays Kenilworth Square is owned by the Holy Ghost Fathers and is kept for schoolboys to pursue their hobby of rugby; a pity, as it would make a superb city park.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

manafana wrote: »

Awful review here

http://road.cc/content/review/227916-arofly-power-meter

Saw something similar on eBay some time ago too

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

manafana wrote: »

"Arofly is unique in that it attaches to the valve stem of your rear inner tube"

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Lumen wrote: »
    "Arofly is unique in that it attaches to the valve stem of your rear inner tube"

giphy.gif

Why were you watching TVPeru?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Why were you watching TVPeru?
    It's my number one source of power meter news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

TFW you get beeped by a professional coach driver for being in "their" lane at 10km/h over their speed limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

As they say "wars exist to teach Americans geography"......

US man cycles in 'wrong Birmingham' race
    An American cyclist who accidentally signed up for a cycle race in the "wrong Birmingham" decided to make the transatlantic trip anyway.

John Hoopingarner, from Ohio, flew to the UK to take part in the 100-mile Velo Birmingham, after signing up to the event he thought was in Alabama.
    After realising his mistake, Mr Hoopingarner thought "well I made it this far, I may as well just go".

Mr Hoopingarner said he hoped to repeat his mistake next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

Boardsies on boards?

http://stateboards.ie/stateboards/campaignAdvert/62575.htm
    The Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport invites applications from suitable qualified candidates for the position(s) on the Board of the Road Safety Authority.

Applicants must demonstrate evidence of:

• experience of working to protect the interests of road crash victims and to reduce road danger.
    • experience in contributing to road safety by highlighting road danger and the causes of crashes in order to influence institutions and authorities towards implementing and enforcing road safety measures far more effectively.

In addition, candidates must demonstrate skills and experience at an appropriately senior level of at least one or more of the following:

• Relevant sectoral knowledge and experience
    • Community engagement/activism preferably in a road safety capacity
    • Communications/Marketing/P.R. experience
    • Corporate governance experience
    • Previous Board membership

With thanks to a fellow club member and fellow boardsie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement