Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Lumen wrote: »
    I see a market opportunity.

Intro-image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

That does go on.

https://www.oddee.com/item_99830.aspx

best one

a99830_CSVaxpDUwAAR-gW.jpg
    This "zombie baby" was spotted by a Washington State trooper who caught a carpool lane violator near Tacoma in October 2015.

The motorist had the doll in the passenger seat of his vehicle wearing its seatbelt (he gets a point for safety, I suppose) complete with a beanie, pajamas, and a face that only a diabolical killer could love. He was cited $136 for driving in the HOV lane.

Police gave the driver a break for not having the doll in a car seat. "At least he's in the [Halloween] spirit," Trooper Guy Gill tweeted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

It always bring to mind the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where Larry picks up a prostitute so he can use the Diamond lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Is there an app/site that I can access it download cycling audio books? Not keen on a monthly renewal option.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

As in audiobooks to listen to when cycling, or audiobooks about cycling? The cost of audiobooks on their own is often more costly than 1 month of a sub.

If you're a strava premium member, you can get a 2 month trial to audible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Garzard

Bought my first racer today - Synapse Claris. I've to wait until Thursday to collect it from Cycle Superstore though. Was delighted with the assistance we received in the choice of racer and the assistant even offered to lower the price from €840 to €798. Along with the bike we picked up a Speedster 2 medium saddle bag, bottle cage, and 4x spare tubes - all this came to just under the original cost of the bike itself!

429907.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Weepsie wrote: »
    As in audiobooks to listen to when cycling, or audiobooks about cycling? The cost of audiobooks on their own is often more costly than 1 month of a sub.

If you're a strava premium member, you can get a 2 month trial to audible.

I am a Strava premium member, it's basically a few select books to listen too for endurance spins.
    My Mrs has an Audible account actually, must see can see download the titles I'm after.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Was watching a video on annoying cyclist behaviour and I heard a term I hadn't come across before. Salmon Cyclist, used for cyclists who are cycling the wrong way against traffic on one way streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Effects wrote: »
    Was watching a video on annoying cyclist behaviour and I heard a term I hadn't come across before. Salmon Cyclist, used for cyclists who are cycling the wrong way against traffic on one way streets.

It was coined by the great Bike Snob NYC. It, like many great coinings, filled a linguistic gap we didn't know we had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Had raised the saddle on my roadbike a couple of mm a few weeks ago.

1st short spin told me it was trouble but forgot to adjust it back and was on different bikes until yesterday when I did a 100k with the saddle still too high.

Knee is cooked 😶

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

a couple of cm

:eek::eek: you surely mean mm?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Alek wrote: »
    :eek::eek: you surely mean mm?

I do!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Effects wrote: »

I was in Italy a few weeks ago and cyclists were cycling up one way streets all over the place. Drivers didn't seem bothered, seemed it was acceptable. Explained to my non cyclist dad that, in fairness, cyclists don't necessarily need to follow the exact same rules of the road as motorists - i.e it would be beneficial to have amendments that apply to cyclists only for the benefit of all road users. Not sure he understood (or didn't want to understand).

There was also no hi-viz or helmets (only helmets spotted were the athletes when we all started getting out / on race day)....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I was in Italy a few weeks ago and cyclists were cycling up one way streets all over the place.

I always think of salmon as people cycling the wrong way in your lane - like you're cycling along the left-hand side of the road, and someone comes towards you on the same side of the road.

I was in Italy a few weeks ago and cyclists were cycling up one way streets all over the place. Drivers didn't seem bothered, seemed it was acceptable.

If it's acceptable and drivers know about it then it probably works. Francis St. in Dublin is one example of a street that cyclists consistently cycle the wrong way. I always look out for them when pulling out from side streets. A contra flow lane would be a good idea.

I did see a woman do it once with a child in a carrier on the back and a baby strapped to her front. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Anyone have any idea what's going on with 2Wheels on South William St? They've been closed for a few weeks and the place looks like it's being gutted.

They were very handy for me, Cliff was always a great man for sorting things out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Miklos wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea what's going on with 2Wheels on South William St? They've been closed for a few weeks and the place looks like it's being gutted.

They were very handy for me, Cliff was always a great man for sorting things out.

That's not great news, I had started using them for the things I was too lazy to do myself, great bunch of lads. I'd imagine rent on that place was outrageous though

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

That's not great news, I had started using them for the things I was too lazy to do myself, great bunch of lads. I'd imagine rent on that place was outrageous though

Yeah, not great. Maybe they're just refurbing but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I believe that they are gone. They still have the place in Sandymount though.

• Advertisement

Miklos wrote: »
    Yeah, not great. Maybe they're just refurbing but I doubt it.

Huge outlet there, it must have been a money pit. So Sth William St will be getting another shít bar or a Starbucks then

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there was a planning application sign for installation of an ATM on the window for months, which made me suspicious; they probably don't need planning to change it to a different type of shop, but an ATM install obviously requires PP.

Was in the place earlier. Rent went really high so they left. There was a bunch of components left there that people were going through. Crappy frames and some nice wheels in need of some attention or a bin.

Anyone notice and unusual amount of oil on the roads today. Ballymun road as far as phibsborough was completely covered in an unending oil slick

I'd hazard it's from a poorly maintained bus

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Yeah, when it rains you really notice it. There was a day a few weeks ago and it was like someone had powerwashed the road through Castleknock with diesel.

Yeah, when it rains you really notice it. There was a day a few weeks ago and it was like someone had powerwashed the road through Castleknock with diesel.

That's a better description. I normally see patches, dotted along the road, but this was streams of it for about 5 km. I had already decided to start taking it easier on the commute, but this made me super cautious and I gladly went slowly while cars tried skipping up the bus lane

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I suspect it's mostly commercial vehicles. Anyone who is paying for their own diesel must surely notice if that much is being lost.

Big oil slick at Heuston couple of weeks ago, opposite the station on the bend leaving town, I had some really awesome sideways action. I was in the car and got to enjoy some drifting :pac:
    Going sideways in a gutless Ford Focus was fairly hairy but I managed to hold it, had I been going faster than the 40kph I'd say I'd have struggled. I did call it in to Kilmainham Garda Station who to be fair took it fairly seriously.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

What. The. Actual. Fcuk.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/microchips-the-next-step-in-anti-doping-fight-argues-olympians-chief/?utm_content=bufferf6841&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

What is wrong with people? Jesus most people want a clean sport but chipping people - and comparing it to dogs??? I'm aghast. How was he even allowed to say that outside his own crazy mind? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Barcodes were always a good idea, why settle for athletes, lets just cover everyone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement