Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

12107059_10153588233692200_8550642081106217335_n.jpg?oh=0ec052ca840a012e33afc9f7ef7089c4&oe=56848C6A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

RobFowl wrote: »
    12107059_10153588233692200_8550642081106217335_n.jpg?oh=0ec052ca840a012e33afc9f7ef7089c4&oe=56848C6A

I love this so much! Laughing and laughing and laughing out loud!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I was reminded of two important lessons this morning.

1. Getting Irate about red light jumping idiots is just distracting from my own safe conduct on the road.

2. There's no guarantee that a Range rover indicating in the same direction as the two equally ridiculous SUVs in front of it will be making the same (or any) turn.

Must try harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

I was reminded of two important lessons this morning.

1. Getting Irate about red light jumping idiots is just distracting from my own safe conduct on the road.

2. There's no guarantee that a Range rover indicating in the same direction as the two equally ridiculous SUVs in front of it will be making the same (or any) turn.

Must try harder.
    Is the bike okay?

Is the bike okay?

The only thing damaged was my credibility for my planned scolding of the designer coat wearing dutchie riding rljer who I had passed 7 times already.

Will be more zen in future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

gadetra wrote: »
    It does annoy me that I can't live near town because of them though :mad: (although as an artist I suppose we kind of kick start the problem)

The north inner city is still reasonably priced.

Mind you, you'd need a sandblaster and some elbow grease to gentrify it.

OleRodrigo wrote: »

The words you are looking for are flamethrower and Sarin gas

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Ah leave the north inner city alone, I have several friends in studios and living there and they're fine. A little 'exciting' sometimes, but fine :D

The words you are looking for are flamethrower and Sarin gas

Oi..I still live here...easy on the sarin gas ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Reasonably priced is surely down to individual opinion & finances. Having had to look for new accomodation the last couple of weeks, I can't say I agree. At least not for the standard of many properties (this for example) is awful. That said, I have seen numerous nice places too, but they are gone so quickly it's tiring sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Weepsie wrote: »
    Reasonably priced is surely down to individual opinion & finances.
    Perhaps by "north inner city is still reasonably priced" OleRodrigo meant buying the whole north inner city in one lot. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

New Boards.ie beta site is up an running...

errrrrmmm...

Sorry weepsie, always thought you were Donald Trump.

Oi..I still live here...easy on the sarin gas ;)

I'm a proud survivor of three years among the Orcs myself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Sorry weepsie, always thought you were Donald Trump.

I've long since realised my hair won't be growing back and let it go gracefully, though I can make the occasional absurd statement.

That said, I do like North Inner City in many parts. There's a lot of good places here (plus its where I work)

I'm a proud survivor of three years among the Orcs myself.

I'll see your three and raise you fifteen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

I quite like living on the North side of the city - Here three/four years now, and lived intermittently on both sides of the Liffey for 7/8 years previously. Always preferred the... 'texture' of Stoneybatter/Phibsboro/Drumcondra than anywhere in the even numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Always preferred the... 'texture' of Stoneybatter/Phibsboro/Drumcondra than anywhere in the even numbers.

You're weird, you know?

(Even numbered areas resident for the last 12 years :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

As a culchie it amazes me massive divide/rivalry in Dublin. I know it's all a bit of craic mainly, but I do know southsiders who avoid going north side and visa versa, and mad judgements about each other, it's hilarious. It's all the one town/city!

I've lived north and south over the last 13 years and I have no particular grá for either. It's comfy on the fence. There's popcorn sometimes :P

• Advertisement

As a culchie it amazes me massive divide/rivalry in Dublin. I know it's all a bit of craic mainly, but I do know southsiders who avoid going north side and visa versa, and mad judgements about each other, it's hilarious. It's all the one town/city!

I've lived north and south over the last 13 years and I have no particular grá for either. It's comfy on the fence. There's popcorn sometimes :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Northsider born and bred, couldn't live on the southside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

As a fellow culchie who has moved about a lot, there is no real divide. It's no different to all the divides that exist in many cities and countries. Watford gap for example.

Naughty North & Sexy South.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

RobFowl wrote: »
    Northsider born and bred, couldn't live on the southside

ditto.

Wicklastani here.

But there's a big difference between Nort Side and North inner city

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,422 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

God's own county for me (the North Riding thereof)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Alek wrote: »
    You're weird, you know?

(Even numbered areas resident for the last 12 years :P )

I'm very aware :D

I've lived in the rough and the all-too-nice of the south side. I'll take a decent local, Phoenix Park a Km away and the North Quays over the other side of the river any day.

Only regret is I'm half knackered on the bike from traffic by the time I get to the Wicklow mountains when I want them.

For the record, also a culchie blow in. Was sent to Dublin to learn culture and couldn't return.

OldBean wrote: »
    Was sent to Dublin to learn culture

Jaysus, that was a bit of a fcukup wasn't it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

An artisanal bank or American multinational :D

Ah poor hipsters, they get such a hard time. I have no beef with them, People be people and there are a lot worse they could be. It does annoy me that I can't live near town because of them though :mad: (although as an artist I suppose we kind of kick start the problem)

You do live near town though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

....But there's a big difference between Nort Side and North inner city
    And an even bigger difference between the North County and the 'Northside'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement