Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    You should zwift!

It's time. I'm only after inhaling food with college again tomorrow night and a full day if interviews in work tomorrow. Can't be yawning at candidates every day. Wednesday I get to pedal :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Scrolling through EVERY Page of the CRC Tools section...it's clear what kind of eccentric lotto winner I'd be.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Scrolling through EVERY Page of the CRC Tools section...it's clear what kind of eccentric lotto winner I'd be.

I've just discovered the Snap-On man calls to the garage behind my office. My exact words when I spotted him 'bye paycheque'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Just buy everything in one go... https://www.topeak.com/global/en/products/prepstation/763-prepstation-pro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

I've just discovered the Snap-On man calls to the garage behind my office. My exact words when I spotted him 'bye paycheque'

Still have father's 1/2" drive ratchet; according to serial number it's from 1948. Still perfect and serviceable.

Brother works for a contractor to American Navy, tool boxes full of tools often get dumped when some piece of paper says they are due replacement; some end up in Davy Jones's Locker and some get disposed of by Sicilian waste management companies. The tool boxes empty can be worth upwards of 10k.

ford2600 wrote: »
    Still have father's 1/2" drive ratchet; according to serial number it's from 1948. Still perfect and serviceable.

Brother works for a contractor to American Navy, tool boxes full of tools often get dumped when some piece of paper says they are due replacement; some end up in Davy Jones's Locker and some get disposed of by Sicilian waste management companies. The tool boxes empty can be worth upwards of 10k.

Jeepers. The one from 1948 should be on a plinth. I have a 3/8 drive I bought a while back and it was just over €200 for that alone, it's such a nice tool to hold (behave yourselves) and with a lifetime warranty too, a proper no messing lifetime warranty unlike halfords who wanted a receipt for the 1/4inch drive I had with 'Halfords Professional' emblazoned on the side.

It's hard to justify the price of Snap-On but there's a reason it's the only brand you will see in professional workshops

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

bp_me wrote: »

Features: 7mm spanner

Well La, Di F***in, Da

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

koutoubia wrote: »
    I am usually not allowed out with the club from early nov till sometime after feb due to my principled stance on the issue.
    So i cant really answer that question :)

You are allowed, you just prefer to stay in bed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Just back from a trip to Athens, Greece; where cyclists wore full winter gear to go out... in 20 C sunny day. Damn they are spoiled for weather. But they are playing their life every time they are out, drivers are mental :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I cycled in shorts today. My knees hate me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Anyone going through Maynooth today there's a thin layer of grey slime on the Tesco roundabout & the street that leads to the old NUI building.

Nearly lost the wheel twice

Sorry I couldn't let this pass... twice?!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

CramCycle wrote: »
    I cycled in shorts today. My knees hate me.

Did they survive?
    Ice froze on the peak of my cap on the way home this eve. It's skinning cold. Hard to see in the hail and snow.

Traffic was MENTAL, people lose the run of themselves completely in the snow and hail. And I lost count of the number of pedestrians that launched themselves out onto the road in front of me without looking.

Hideous commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

RobFowl wrote: »
    You are allowed, you just prefer to stay in bed ;)

Shut up you!

I am not allowed.
    The babies start crying that they are getting dirty.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

koutoubia wrote: »
    Shut up you!

I am not allowed.
    The babies start crying that they are getting dirty.

We let you throw mud in our faces but do moan about it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Get In There

Not worthy of a thread of its own so I thought I'd throw this post up in here.

Basically due to strict HR guidelines, I can't avail of a bike priced in excess of €1000 via my employees CTW scheme so I've had to cancel my order of Canyon Endurace CF. Don't have 2k to drop on a bike in one go. Probably 1.5k at a stretch. definitely want hydraulic disc brakes. If alu frame then Ultegra is the minimum groupset, if carbon frame then 105. So I've been scouring all the deals online and have narrowed it down to two bikes.

Rose Pro SL Disc (€1,450.95 delivered - no configuration)

VS

Ribble Sportive Racing Disc 105 Hydro SE
    (€1,364.00 delivered and allowance for configuration to handlebar, stem, cranks & optional upgrade to carbon seatpost)

There probably isn't much between them but would really welcome any thoughts before I pull the trigger soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

nee wrote: »
    Traffic was MENTAL, people lose the run of themselves completely in the snow and hail. And I lost count of the number of pedestrians that launched themselves out onto the road in front of me without looking.
    I waited in work until traffic died down, I was still was going at a snails pace, I know I was slow since there was still snow on my mudguard when I got home. Fcuking joggers still out on the cycletracks, skipping and jumping all over the place, couldn't risk going on the grass to dodge them.

rubadub wrote: »
    I waited in work until traffic died down, I was still was going at a snails pace, I know I was slow since there was still snow on my mudguard when I got home. Fcuking joggers still out on the cycletracks, skipping and jumping all over the place, couldn't risk going on the grass to dodge them.

You were wise.

One of my biggest fcuk moments was going down Nassau street, Luas lines to my left, I'm between them and the footpad, and a guy hops out off the footpad in front of me :eek: I growled and he popped back up again. Sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

.... Hard to see in the hail and snow.....
    Indeed. I went out for a ride in the falling snow tonight. Between Balbriggan and Skerries the already poor visibility was reduced to almost zero by a massive blinding headlight in the distance. I had to slow right down and was effing and blinding about the inconsiderate motorist to myself until I realised it was a train. Doh! :o

• Advertisement

Indeed. I went out for a ride in the falling snow tonight. Between Balbriggan and Skerries the already poor visibility was reduced to almost zero by a massive blinding headlight in the distance. I had to slow right down and was effing and blinding about the inconsiderate motorist to myself until I realised it was a train. Doh! :o

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I drove into college tonight, cleared all the windows in the car but visibility was seriously poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    The railway runs beside the road along that stretch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

working from home today, stuck the telly on at lunch.
    one of those ambulance chasing ads came on, the 'have you been injured in an accident and it wasn't your fault' ones. it was one featuring a cyclist being cleaned out of it by a car.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The railway runs beside the road along that stretch.
    Methinks you should head over to the Train and Rail systems forum and start a thread about inconsiderate drivers.....

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105825126&postcount=1333

@Enduro, who won this in record time in 2016 is currently leading again. About 70hrs on the go now with a few hours sleep on a mountain trail in winter...

Irish lady way out in front in ladies race also

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭buffalo

heh, it's the same along the canal for a stretch. Some evenings I consider flashing my light at the driver, but it's probably futile and possibly dangerous...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Can someone please tell me if this spec list is good for about 1400euro??

Its in German but hopefully your chrome translate automatically.

https://www.morrison-bikes.de/bikes/e-bike/cree-2

Or if this is good for about 500euro?

https://siroop.ch/sport-freizeit/sale-sport/sale-bike-velo/morrison-trekkingbike-t-70-unisex-matt-black-28-03102489?rahmengroesse=xl-60-cm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Can someone please tell me if this spec list is good for about 1400euro??

Its in German but hopefully your chrome translate automatically.

https://www.morrison-bikes.de/bikes/e-bike/cree-2

Or if this is good for about 500euro?

https://siroop.ch/sport-freizeit/sale-sport/sale-bike-velo/morrison-trekkingbike-t-70-unisex-matt-black-28-03102489?rahmengroesse=xl-60-cm

The first one shows up as €3149 for me. If you can get it for €1400, it's fantastic value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Eamonnator wrote: »
    The first one shows up as €3149 for me.

Its on sale on another site here in Switzerland, but the specs are clearer on the producer site.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement