Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I ordered a couple of things from Wiggle and they sent me completely the wrong things.
    I'll be returning the items, but will I get any comeback for the postage that I have to fork out on?

They usually refund the cost to your card if they aren't providing a pre-paid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I ordered a couple of things from Wiggle and they sent me completely the wrong things.
    I'll be returning the items, but will I get any comeback for the postage that I have to fork out on?

Ask them to send a courier

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

As above, depends on the item size and cost, they may send you a pre paid postage stamp, or if it is small and cheap, they may leave it with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

^^^^

Cheers for the quick replies lads

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Advertisement

Having gone down on the train to the Waterford Greenway yesterday on the train I did have to laugh at the fact that there was only two bike spaces on the the train up and down. There were bikes everywhere on the train by the time we got to Waterford and the same coming back. We had booked the bikes on and booked the seat next to the rack so we were good but even still I think it's a bit mental.

Usually when I go cycling with this particular friend he gets a puncture (with his gatorskins) but this time it was my turn, a great big thorn through my tyre near Kilmacthomas, to be fair my tyres are at end of life but I will definitely be buying the Michelin ProCourse4 again. Well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Posterior dislocation of shoulder with a fractured humerus, 2 week wait to see if surgery is needed.

Pretty awful diagnosis and long recovery, devastated.

Simple fall max damage.

dahat wrote: »
    Posterior dislocation of shoulder with a fractured humerus, 2 week wait to see if surgery is needed.

Simple fall max damage.

Ouch, bad news, sorry to hear that. May your recovery be speedy though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Simple fall max damage.

Sorry to hear that. Heal fast - you'll be back tearing the legs off lads in no time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Ouch, that's not good to hear.

On the plus side though, with modern 1x drivetrains, you only need one arm and a good pair of legs. N+1 and all that ;)

Hopefully surgery is not going to be needed, and you'll be back on the bike in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Thanks folks!

I'll be able to tip away on the turbo but no weight on the shoulder obviously. One thing for sure racing in 2018 is more than likely off the schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Thanks folks!

I'll be able to tip away on the turbo but no weight on the shoulder obviously. One thing for sure racing in 2018 is more than likely off the schedule.

You'll probably win Paris Roubaix in 2019 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Savage TV Series, if your into this kind thing. Very funny tbh.

Really well done. Only eight episodes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

440784.jpg

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Does anyone know if a business can register their VAT number with Canyon so that they don't charge the VAT on a business order?

tomasrojo wrote: »
    440784.jpg

Apart from the obvious have they added padding to prevent scuffing their lock? Fair bit of rust on that chain too :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

tomasrojo wrote: »
    440784.jpg

If I didn't know, I imagine that is UCD. The number of bikes in that place that do this is mind boggling, followed by the bikes locked to young trees you could lift the bike over and when it is busy, bikes locked to themselves and nothing else.

I present the future of our country.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Get In There

Does anyone know if a business can register their VAT number with Canyon so that they don't charge the VAT on a business order?

I ordered a canyon bike via the CTW scheme a week or two ago. My employer were looking for a VAT free invoice and Canyon obliged upon receipt of a registered VAT number and address.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

CramCycle wrote: »
    If I didn't know, I imagine that is UCD. The number of bikes in that place that do this is mind boggling, followed by the bikes locked to young trees you could lift the bike over and when it is busy, bikes locked to themselves and nothing else.

I present the future of our country.

I feel particularly bad for the trees, bikes being constantly locked to them kills them. There's a guy in my estate who permanently locks his bike to a young tree, it kills me (Aside from the ridiculousness of it as a place to lock the bike).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Apart from the obvious have they added padding to prevent scuffing their lock? ....
    Looks more like a dry wipe to prevent the lock from rattling in its holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gmacww

Question for the tubeless gang. Have a set of wheels that are tubless ready but as I had a brand new set of tyres ready to roll they are currently in traditional setup but going tubeless interests me.

Now I know from car tyres that sealant is a short term solution and you should get the tyre repaired or replaced soon as. What's the situation with tubeless bike tyres? Assuming if it's a slit thats big enough then you'd be replacing it anyway tube or no tube but for normal punctures. The sealant fills and gets you home. Is that a long term solution though or do you need to get the tyre repaired, can it be repaired or do you replace it?

Looks more like a dry wipe to prevent the lock from rattling in its holder.
    It's a note I left them (I hoped discreetly) to let them know their bike wasn't actually locked. I had a pen, but a packet of hankies was all I had to write on. It's back again this morning, the note is gone, and it's "locked" the same way again. Might have been left overnight and the note blown away.

CramCycle wrote: »
    If I didn't know, I imagine that is UCD.

Not UCD, but I have witnessed the eccentric locking strategies there at first hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Indian Pacific Wheel Race 2018 has just been cancelled.

(Apparently due to ongoing investigation re: Mike Hall's death)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Savage TV Series, if your into this kind thing. Very funny tbh.

Really well done. Only eight episodes too.

what method you watching this thru?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Alek wrote: »
    Indian Pacific Wheel Race 2018 has just been cancelled.

(Apparently due to ongoing investigation re: Mike Hall's death)

https://twitter.com/Normally_Human?lang=en

His twitter feed is hard reading, in terms of repeated close passes and his reference to sleep, in light of his death.

Do they know what happened him?

I'm not sure if those ultra events on open roads have a future. Where does the organiser's responsibility start/end with sleep deprived participants?

It is present in multi audax to and there is always a danger that it'll get worse. I had pretty strong words with a fellow rider at the Celtic Knot a few years ago; he was so stupid on sleep deprivation I'm not sure it sunk in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Do they know what happened him?

I think they keep details under wraps until the investigation is over.
    I'm not sure if those ultra events on open roads have a future.

This is exactly my feeling, I was just discussing with a friend... Sleep deprivation and open roads is a recipe for disaster on the long run. All the stories I've heard about hallucinations, pootling along and then suddenly waking up in a ditch...

Multi-day low key event and closed roads? I don't see it coming either for obvious reasons.

Unless these events will include a mandatory minimum amount of uninterrupted sleep per day. But I'm sure this will "kill the spirit" of the sport in the eyes of many....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Has anyone applied for a position in the new Decathlon store for Dublin or know how to? Maybe it’s too early yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Alek wrote: »
    I think they keep details under wraps until the investigation is over.

This is exactly my feeling, I was just discussing with a friend... Sleep deprivation and open roads is a recipe for disaster on the long run. All the stories I've heard about hallucinations, pootling along and then suddenly waking up in a ditch...

Multi-day low key event and closed roads? I don't see it coming either for obvious reasons.

Unless these events will include a mandatory minimum amount of uninterrupted sleep per day. But I'm sure this will "kill the spirit" of the sport in the eyes of many....

Audax has survived for a long time on open roads with sleep deprivation but with most there is an acknowledgment of a shared responsibility to not do stupid sh1t for the sake of the sport. Insofar as I know there was a death in UK linked to someone driving after an event, not sure exactly when though

The social media/tracker/strava influence on the ultra adventure events doesn't help to rein in the extremes which some people may go to.

The Tour Divide gets rid of traffic worries in exchange for bears!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement