Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

nee wrote: »
    The car antlers on the rock road heading into town by the Merrion gates are still holding out. They're been there since Christmas week I think.

Ha. I thought i was the only one who noticed!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

A3 licence arrived, no good to me now a prospect of 3-4 months off the road.

A winter of training and one slip ruined it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

dahat wrote: »

:(

Chin up though, could have been a whole lot worse. I came off last night, I got away with a few cuts n bruises but I also got tipped by a bus as I was down, I was very close to going under the bus but thankfully I'm ok

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

LollipopJimmy nearly got killed, and Dahat has a dislocated shoulder. My watch was merely a thing that can be replaced.

Best of luck with the convalescing

:(

Chin up though, could have been a whole lot worse. I came off last night, I got away with a few cuts n bruises but I always got tipped by a bus as I was down, I was very close to going under the bus but thankfully I'm ok

This is true, scary moment for you.

• Advertisement

Weepsie wrote: »
    LollipopJimmy nearly got killed, and Dahat has a dislocated shoulder. My watch was merely a thing that can be replaced.

Best of luck with the convalescing

Dislocation with a fractured humerus also, simple fall max damage.

It will heal but very frustrating atm.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Twas a very simple fall that fractured my elbow. I've been hit by a van, gone into a canal and had 2 fairly spectacular albeit low speed crashes with minimal damage to me or bikes but that one ...

It's unbelievable how a simple fall can do so much damage.

It's unbelievable how a simple fall can do so much damage.

Had you taken a couple of smacks previously?

Had you taken a couple of smacks previously?

Just one 2 years ago but so suffer from arthritis so that was a factor is the severity of the damage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Dahat it's a long season, the base you have isn't going to disappear. You can just target the end of it rather than the beginning. There is also the turbo. All is not lost. I have done shoulders many times now. Was out once after a crash for 4 months. You'll get there. It's only bike racing ;)

In other news you need frame numbers now, ffs. More shyte to put on the bike!

Galibier are selling frame holders for 5 pounds, far better than bloody zip ties.

Galibier are selling frame holders for 5 pounds, far better than bloody zip ties.

Yeah got one today. #trivialannoyances

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Dislocation with a fractured humerus also, simple fall max damage.

It will heal but very frustrating atm.

Hope it wasn't your dominant arm, you'll not be able to **** for months ...

(Paraphrased from "rough ride" and credit to PK)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i did a double take there. pat kenny?

RobFowl wrote: »
    Hope it wasn't your dominant arm, you'll not be able to **** for months ...

(Paraphrased from "rough ride" and credit to PK)

Yep dominant arm.... I have a wife... I'll be okay!!!!

Got back on the saddle today after Thursday's smash which probably wasn't my brightest move considering my Knee, ankle and elbow are swollen along with massive bruising down my thigh. Ended up having to abandon and am currently on the dart into town from Howth. I'm only 4kms from the dart station then. The knee is not pleased with me at all

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Yep dominant arm.... I have a wife... I'll be okay!!!!

You're obviously not married too long ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Arrived at Poppies in Enniskerry well after cyclist O'Clock and found myself as the only lycra lout on scene.

For some reason Brigadoon came to mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2018/0212/940014-car-insurance-claims/
    "As the MIBI outlined in late 2016, at that time there were over 151,000 uninsured private vehicles in the Republic of Ireland."

"They should have to pay insurance, Joe. ...the drivers I mean!"

Could there be more uninsured drivers than uninsured cyclists in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Is Swim Cycle Run kaput? It's been "undergoing maintenance" any time I've tried it over the last few weeks :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Is Swim Cycle Run kaput? It's been "undergoing maintenance" any time I've tried it over the last few weeks :(

I hope not, great shop and great service for a small online outfit. Doesn't look good though if the website has been down for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Talking about dedication..

https://i.imgur.com/rIgePve.gifv

Tried to get to it the last while too and no go, I hope they're still going. Such a pity if they go, great service and prices.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Is that the place that was a couple of doors up from cycle ways? Or was that place called run ways?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Is that the place that was a couple of doors up from cycle ways? Or was that place called run ways?
    I believe Swim Cycle Run are in Athy. No shop front, just online sales I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Runways. Owned by Cycleways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Anyone know what the record distance to travel in one day on a cargo bike is?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Witnessed a road rage cyclist punch a girl in the face today around the junction of South Circular Road and Camden Street after she stepped out in front of him. Was restrained until Guards arrived.

It's such an annoying thing when it happens, but I can't possibly fathom what would go through your head to punch someone half your size in the face for something like that.

• Advertisement

Amirani wrote: »
    Witnessed a road rage cyclist punch a girl in the face today around the junction of South Circular Road and Camden Street after she stepped out in front of him. Was restrained until Guards arrived.

It's such an annoying thing when it happens, but I can't possibly fathom what would go through your head to punch someone half your size in the face for something like that.

These people have got a screw loose - they're in all forms of transport. There was the road rage incident a few years ago where one driver killed another with a hurley in a road rage incident.
    They're not ok IMO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement