Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

nee wrote: »
    ... Such a pity if they go, great service and prices.
    Has anyone ever actually managed to buy anything off them?

I've tried numerous times over the years but anything I want is out of stock, awaiting re-stocking, coming in soon etc. blah, blah blah. :(

Easy to have great prices if you never have to actually sell anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Amirani wrote: »
    Witnessed a road rage cyclist punch a girl in the face today around the junction of South Circular Road and Camden Street after she stepped out in front of him. Was restrained until Guards arrived.

It's such an annoying thing when it happens, but I can't possibly fathom what would go through your head to punch someone half your size in the face for something like that.

just an asshole, same type of person that in car will swing in on you, same mentality different mode of transport

manafana wrote: »
    just an asshole...
    Assholes are a minor irritant. Someone who punches a girl in the face for a perceived traffic infraction is not an asshole. They are in a whole different league.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Anyone know what the record distance to travel in one day on a cargo bike is?
    I would have guessed 200km from someone doing an audax but can't find anything. Longest I found on Google was 185km in the US.

I've tried numerous times over the years but anything I want is out of stock, awaiting re-stocking, coming in soon etc. blah, blah blah. :(

I have gotten quite a bit, at exceptional prices and their customer service second to none. Got Cateye Volt light set for cheaper than anywhere else and for awhile, they were nearly the cheapest for GP4000S tyres. A jacket and some other stuff. Always fond of them AF er reading that story of someone ringing them.to complain abpita tyre and not bwomg able to fit it, the owner was nearby so he popped in and fitted it for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Amirani wrote: »
    Witnessed a road rage cyclist punch a girl in the face today around the junction of South Circular Road and Camden Street after she stepped out in front of him. Was restrained until Guards arrived.

It's such an annoying thing when it happens, but I can't possibly fathom what would go through your head to punch someone half your size in the face for something like that.
    What a horrible prick. Hopefully the girl was ok?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

CramCycle wrote: »
    I would have guessed 200km from someone doing an audax but can't find anything. Longest I found on Google was 185km in the US.

Thank you. Couldn't find anything. Might do Galway to Dublin if I can find someone to bring the bike to Dublin.

... Might do Galway to Dublin if I can find someone to bring the bike to Dublin.
    So you want someone else to do it for you! :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I've gotten plenty off them over the years. They've also gone above and beyond for me too. Super nice people, hope it's still going.

So you want someone else to do it for you! :P

Oops. Galway, I mean. Maybe I’d better plan this more carefully.

Oops. Galway, I mean. Maybe I’d better plan this more carefully.

u can get the train off peak with the bike, not done it myself but im sure someone has

• Advertisement

The Bullitt is eight feet long so that’s a no go. I had to remove wheels just to get the fat bike on the train before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Anyone know what the record distance to travel in one day on a cargo bike is?

http://forums.mtbr.com/cargo-bikes/longest-cargo-bike-ride-1016837.html

185km with a 40km load is what this lunatic did

Stick to your strengths..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDMVPH-FjQY

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

http://forums.mtbr.com/cargo-bikes/l...e-1016837.html

185km with a 40km load is what this lunatic did

Hmmmmm....... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Alek wrote: »
    Hmmmmm....... :D

I think we need to stage an intervention folks.... this is getting out of hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I think we need to stage an intervention folks.... this is getting out of hand.

... while everesting Kippure in the winter on road slicks and pulling a tractor tyre...

ford2600 wrote: »

Yeah, and that's in one of the big Christiania ones, much more difficult.

You may have more confidence in my pursuit abilities than I do, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Alek wrote: »
    ... while everesting Kippure in the winter on road slicks and pulling a tractor tyre...

on a unicycle

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Cycle SuperStore are looking to set up an affiliated Cycling club aimed mostly at recreational cyclists

http://blog.cyclesuperstore.ie/uncategorised/team-cycle-superstore-cycling-club/

Cyclist down in Donabate village outside Keelings Pub. Bike under car. Hopefully he's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

How mad would I be to bring a second hand aluminium bike on a plane in a cardboard box - not sure which bike yet but will probably be something with a value of 400€ish.

I want to take an older bike to a holiday home and leave it there, but bringing back an empty bike box doesn't really make sense with costs. Is there any chance of it surviving if well wrapped?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

most of his 'tweets' are notifications about posting on the journal.
    i mean, who'd take the opinion of him seriously, if he spends so much of his time pointlessly arguing with people on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

i mean, who'd take the opinion of him seriously, if he spends so much of his time pointlessly arguing with people on the internet.

duty_calls.png

I'm out
    How mad would I be to bring a second hand aluminium bike on a plane in a cardboard box - not sure which bike yet but will probably be something with a value of 400€ish.

I want to take an older bike to a holiday home and leave it there, but bringing back an empty bike box doesn't really make sense with costs. Is there any chance of it surviving if well wrapped?
    Cardboard box is fine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

He sent pictures of organised demonstrations to prove that cyclists break the rules of the road. Would like to think trolling, but....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

This really exemplifies why such things need to be put into law, as well as bringing in an increase in Gardai and a reduction in paperwork for such offences. Some people cannot be reasoned with, and trying to only leads to mental issues that will affect you and not them.

I have had a bus driver tell me he pulled in on me to "show me" how dangerous cycling is. A motorist last week pulled across with no indication or warning into the bus lane. I dropped anchor and missed him by a cm. When I talked to him, his response was that he had seen me, and then asked do I have brakes. I had an instructor for another bus driver inform me that an overtake I asked him about was fine and there was plenty of space, my pedal struck the kerb and my elbow touched the bus. I had a van passenger throw a bottle of water at me and try to push me off because he felt I was holding him up, despite being behind another vehicle that never got more than a few metres away from me. Another van driver overtook me and parked sideways further up the road , jumped out and tried to punch me because he thought I stopped at a red light to annoy him. These are just a few of the ones where they didn't hit me. These are not even close to the worst things that have happened. All of these could have left me in a body bag. Every one of those people believed I was in the wrong, none of them could see their own wrong doing. Trying to illustrate this to them is futile, so unless I receive a response in as pleasant a tone as I use nowadays, I just leave it at that, because they will only drag you down to their level, and that is not somewhere I want to go.

Am I a perfect road user? No
    Have I made mistakes? Yes
    Have I admitted to them? Yes
    Are motorists the main problem on the roads? No
    Are cyclists the main problem? No
    Who are the main problem then? A small percentage of people. Regrettably, a number of those people control vehicles that could easily kill or maim others. In the short and long term, I know where resources should be put.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Similarly I had a van driver give me advice this morning. I shouldn't pull out in front of him apparently. I was forced to change my line every so slightly by the bin truck which pulled across and came to a dead stop in my lane.

I checked my video and the Van driver changed his own line and veered left towards me.

He then rolled down his window to give me advice for 200 metres while traffic crawled behind him before pulling in on top of another couple of cyclist.

Surprised he didn't try the "only trying to help bud" line.

Don't blame me for your crap driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Missus Doubtfire

Cramcycle, if it is a Dublin Bus or Bus Eireann bus that pulled in to you, call the H&S people in the relevant company. There are cameras all over the busses these days and the H&S people will follow up. They will even advise you to go to the Gardaí AND they will supply any evidence (camera footage) that they might have. It happened to a friend of mine driving by Liffey Valley one morning

• Advertisement

Funny when it rains it pours,

Had car come past me at junction then turn left, indicating at last moment not before turn, so lucky enough given the traffic i decided to come cautiously when the lane comes in.

Then further down i get someone pulling in to the cycle lane in front me to squezze past, ended up just blocking lane, and had i being closer probably takes me out.

Further down the road a cycle lane blocked off by vans for builders working on some house, which I think i might report was just by ucd where cycle lane loops away for minute, was pretty inconsiderate.

I think parking offences are a huge problem but very bad driving is rarer but a noticeable issue. As pointed out its a n% of people who abuse their rights to drive etc without consideration for others.

To balance all this i was coming downhill and I slowed as their was parked cars on my side, the driver flashed me and yielded so i could continue on, I gave him a wave for his small but notable gesture.

My mate would be a good example of a honest viewpoint from regular car user, he gets very annoyed by two a breast cycling on country roads as its harder pass them, also question of road quality etc, but he will admit its a disgrace then that in the urban areas a car user will still have the priority despite taking up the limited space

FYI Luge is the business, team luge is the uiltimatwe

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement