Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Best 11 speed chains? I am about to replace, my current one is Shimano and when using 9 and 10 soeed, I found SRAM to be excellent, any reason not to use SRAM again, are there better, reasonable, alternatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

nee wrote: »
    Try it again but right at the church

Tried this today... was on the beer the last two nights and I failed miserably. I had to turn around and as punishment I went back to the bottom and started again but went up the left side of the church this time. I'll do it during the week when I'm not hanging.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Tried this today... was on the beer the last two nights and I failed miserably. I had to turn around and as punishment I went back to the bottom and started again but went up the left side of the church this time. I'll do it during the week when I'm not hanging.

Oh no! It's not easy. It's quite short though, you were probably nearly there and didn't know it!
    That said the first time I went up it I cursed Harry who brought me up when I could speak!

Oh no! It's not easy. It's quite short though, you were probably nearly there and didn't know it!
    That said the first time I went up it I cursed Harry who brought me up when I could speak!

Knowing me I was probably 3 feet from the top

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I once slept at the top of a hill in the middle of the night, because I was too tired to continue. I woke up to realise I was 20m shy of the crest, and it was all down hill to the beds.

• Advertisement

CramCycle wrote: »
    I once slept at the top of a hill in the middle of the night, because I was too tired to continue. I woke up to realise I was 20m shy of the crest, and it was all down hill to the beds.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    How far did you kick yourself the next morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

You gotta admit it was fun though!

You gotta admit it was fun though!

Ha ha it was. And have been up several times since. The shortness is mightily attractive!

Ha ha it was. And have been up several times since. The shortness is mightily attractive!

Just checked google maps/streetview... I had the back of it completely broke when I turned around... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Dammit, this has been finally done!

http://veloviewer.com/everesting/1188114747

https://www.strava.com/activities/1188114747

:eek::eek::eek:

Wella donna, Becca!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Alek wrote: »

Wella donna, Becca!

Alek - you can do it on Ice Tyres later this week

I'm afraid I'm busy Marianning the depth of futility of it all.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Terpstra on Saturday. Cool or mime artist?

dsc_0903_670.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Wella donna, Becca!

No hr data after a short while. Fake news!

Temp readout also dodgy. ..

Get yer pitchforks out, folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

Her intro line is also "Rebecca is a runner from..."

Not having that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

Temp readout also dodgy. ..

Get yer pitchforks out, folks!

Looks like she went into the Summit for a few pints. My respect has only increased!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Mrs WA has just returned from the local supermarket. It's completely sold out of bread, milk, eggs. sausages, and bacon. Panic buying may have begun! :rolleyes:

One of the outdoor shops had queues out the door todsy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

has anyone ever figured out a use for old tyres and tubes?
    i hate throwing stuff out if there's an alternate use that can be put to them, so if anyone has figured out ingenious uses for worn out tyres and tubes, please share them!
    learned since i posted this - old cables can be used as chunky burning wires for woodturning.
    442995.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Mrs WA has just returned from the local supermarket. It's completely sold out of bread, milk, eggs. sausages, and bacon.

I just had the same experience in three supermarkets w.r.t. bread. In the last of the three I found some crackers, a pack of four bake-yourself ciabatta and a sourdough overlooked in the Health Food section.

Good tip for the Apocalypse: check behind health food items.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i can't remember the last time i bought a sliced pan. are they good these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I regularly pass Brennans in Walkinstown and I end up buying a pan and a packet of king

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Even with all the fancy breads around these days, I still find myself going for Brennan's white sliced pan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

tomasrojo wrote: »
    I just had the same experience in three supermarkets w.r.t. bread. In the last of the three I found some crackers, a pack of four bake-yourself ciabatta and a sourdough overlooked in the Health Food section.

Good tip for the Apocalypse: check behind health food items.

https://twitter.com/MattOswaltVA/status/903834627768324096

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

My dad's a baker. So long as he had flower flour, we were sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Weepsie wrote: »
    My dad's a baker. So long as he had flower, we were sorted

Flower eh :cool: , if anything this proves we are panic ridden humans, im little low on milk myself I'll survive, massive jar of peanut butter in drawer if it comes to that.

Sitting here in the office and every time a little flurry comes my colleagues dash for the window to look. Hopefully we get covered in snow because we've been given the option to work from home if we do get a covering but I can walk in and I'll have the place to myself

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

manafana wrote: »
    Flower eh :cool: , if anything this proves we are panic ridden humans, im little low on milk myself I'll survive, massive jar of peanut butter in drawer if it comes to that.

Oops. Corrected.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement