Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I am an athiest, worst comes to worst, I will eat my children to survive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

CramCycle wrote: »
    I am an athiest, worst comes to worst, I will eat my children to survive

Have you decided which one you will eat first?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Have you decided which one you will eat first?

Its obvious: the one he loves less.

Or the fattier one.

Alek wrote: »
    Its obvious: the one he loves less.

Or the fattier one.

You say that like they are not the same one :pac:

You say that like they are not the same one
    Convenient!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

buffalo wrote: »
    Looks like she went into the Summit for a few pints. My respect has only increased!

What's with the dead straight route lines on the map, too?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

How come there's no flybys? A privacy thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

colm18 wrote: »
    How come there's no flybys? A privacy thing?

Don't you only get one if there's a group and not for individuals?

Hurrache wrote: »
    Don't you only get one if there's a group and not for individuals?

You should get it for anyone, so long as they are not private.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

You should get it for anyone, so long as they are not private.

Cool, I thought you only got it when you were at least other, never noticed it for solo activities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Hurrache wrote: »
    Cool, I thought you only got it when you were at least other, never noticed it for solo activities.
    You'll get it for anyone on Strava (cycling or running/walking) who comes within 250 metres (?) of you when you're out (provided they are not private).

You may be confusing it with the "Joe Soap rode with Wishbone Ash" type of message which is when people ride in a group or happen to be close to another cyclist and going in the same direction for a considerable period.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

You can turn it off in your privacy settings.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Get Fit Fast is on C4 now and talking about cycling, weightloss and technique.

nee wrote: »
    Get Fit Fast is on C4 now and talking about cycling, weightloss and technique.

Going cycling with my personal trainer mate is proving useful. That and a hrm have been my best tool, I've got rid of the Nov/Dec piggery and pintery and I piled it on so much my favourite suit didn't fit

Going cycling with my personal trainer mate is proving useful. That and a hrm have been my best tool, I've got rid of the Nov/Dec piggery and pintery and I piled it on so much my favourite suit didn't fit

It was fairly mild. They went to the velodrome and spoke about engaging your core and improving your pedalling style. They said a cadence of over 90 is good for weight loss. I question this! I guess it depends on what cadence you're used to spinning.

Thats not actually a motorway is it? Doesn't look wide enough or treated enough for that matter. He's looking like he's moving a bit better than the cars too :D

Thats not actually a motorway is it? Doesn't look wide enough or treated enough for that matter. He's looking like he's moving a bit better than the cars too :D

Navan Road, not a motorway AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Navan Road, not a motorway AFAIK

yeah thought it looked like one of the roads leading onto motorways, think their is a cycle path their which he obviously can't use

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

i can't remember the last time i bought a sliced pan. are they good these days?

Most modern breads are made by Chorleywood Bread Process, developed in UK in the 1960's. Before that bread had 4 ingredients, sourdough only 3 as it has natural yeasts

Simple old school breads can be delicious and have decent nutritional value, most modern sliced pans/rolls barely qualify as food.

If ever at beach in Tramore local bakery does a brilliant sourdough

I bake sourdough once/twice a week, my family would not touch anything from the store.
    Chorleywood Bread Process

Thanks for this, I always wondered how can you make such an easy recipe taste so artificial. I'll have a read.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

That and it appears that the driver is filming while driving, and I assume uploading to facebook :rolleyes:

I bake sourdough once/twice a week, my family would not touch anything from the store.

With plenty butter, starch, salt and texture of bread the food reward rev limiter must be in the red zone!

Nice habit, common in Poland? I suppose you do keifir to?

With plenty butter, starch, salt and texture of bread the food reward rev limiter must be in the red zone!

Jaysis, any time! I'm yet to force myself not to devour a huge slice with butter (or two!) when its freshly baked... around 11pm usually :D
    Nice habit, common in Poland?

In the olden days, yes. Now mostly hipsters. But then what you get in shops is more palatable than here - similar to stuff you can get in Lidl.
    I suppose you do keifir to?

Not really, but started experimenting with souring vegetables recently. Kimchi-style, like sauerkraut, very trad for southeastern Europe. In Romania they sour everything, from apples through tomatoes to watermelons!

Not really, but started experimenting with souring vegetables recently. Kimchi-style, like sauerkraut, very trad for southeastern Europe. In Romania they sour everything, from apples through tomatoes to watermelons!

They need their K2!!

https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/abcs-of-nutrition/on-the-trail-of-the-elusive-x-factor-a-sixty-two-year-old-mystery-finally-solved/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

https://www.dublininquirer.com/2018/02/28/event-can-the-cyclist-and-the-rest-of-dublin-city-ever-be-friends/
    On the evening of Wednesday, 21 March, from 6:30pm to about 8:30pm, Dublin Inquirer and Banter will present a panel discussion of these issues.

Moderated by Banter’s Jim Carroll, the panel will include:

––Claudine Chen, cycling advocate and a member of the Dublin Cycling Campaign

––Jason Taylor, principal author of the Design Manual for Urban Roads and Streets, the government handbook on how to encourage sustainable travel in urban areas.

––A representative of the National Private Hire & Taxi Association

I suspect the quality of these discussions hinge on the authority and independence of the chair. Jim Carroll's certainly got experience, so it could be an interesting night.

The park beside my house is so much fun right now. Families, dogs and children out throwing snowballs, making snowpeople and tobogganing down the hills. I wonder how weird it would look if a 33 year old woman went out and started making a snowperson on her own...:pac:

nee wrote: »
    The park beside my house is so much fun right now. Families, dogs and children out throwing snowballs, making snowpeople and tobogganing down the hills. I wonder how weird it would look if a 33 year old woman went out and started making a snowperson on her own...:pac:

Make the snowperson and throw up a photo...

You might also put up a photo of those dogs throwing snowballs...

• Advertisement

ford2600 wrote: »
    Make the snowperson and throw up a photo...

You might also put up a photo of those dogs throwing snowballs...

They're very talented dogs out this way!

I think a lot of people are having an enforced snow day tomorrow so I'm gonna get a bunch of buddies together and we shall get our snowperson on :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement