Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i see the gardai have commented on that video of the cyclist cycling on the 'motorway' yesterday, admitting it was the N3.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

i see the gardai have commented on that video of the cyclist cycling on the 'motorway' yesterday, admitting it was the N3.
    Pretty shoddy stuff. Way too keen to rile up the motoring rubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

No 8 year old for scale as she ran away crying her feet were cold!
    Not sure if I'll get it finished, wrecked from clearing driveway and it's started snowing again. Hopefully it's still standing tomorrow.

443783.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Amazing.
    What are you using to make the blocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

15 litre storage tub. It's hard work very powdery and have to pack it in. Impossible to roll and make a snowman. At least it made it easier clear the drive

443886.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

There's a little girl (about 10yrs old I'd say) on the street next to me making an igloo on her own. She's been out in the howling wind since about 8am this morning and is about half way there. I'd love to go over and give her a hand but these days that would be considered highly inappropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

nee wrote: »
    Amazing.
    What are you using to make the blocks?

Em, snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

and heres my garden earlier on today just about surviving beast form the east/snowmaggedon (seriously !)
    443817.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

This thread will hit 10k posts in about 60 days going by current average posting rates. I'm sure that will delight one member of the forum! :D

There's a little girl (about 10yrs old I'd say) on the street next to me making an igloo on her own. She's been out in the howling wind since about 8am this morning and is about half way there. I'd love to go over and give her a hand but these days that would be considered highly inappropriate.

How far did she get before she had to go in? I hope it's there for her in the morning so she can finish it off!

I heartily applaud all igglo's and snowperson making. I made a pretty awesome snow angel today.
    Serious sled-ing going on in the parks out my way. I don't know where they all came from. Someone had an awesome old school wooden one. Good few bin liners too for good measure.
    Might get a couple of bin liners out myself tomorrow :pac:

• Advertisement

Good few bin liners too for good measure.

I hiked up Lugnaquilla a few years ago int he snow and used the heavy plastic bags for life to slide down it. Great craic and very little effort required compared to trudging in the snow.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

This thread will hit 10k posts in about 60 days going by current average posting rates. I'm sure that will delight one member of the forum! :D

A happy Rob :)

RobFowl wrote: »
    A happy Rob :)

Keep on posting! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

10-10-20 bags were the sleds of choice in my youth.

I used to get a bit of slagging because I had a proper wooden one that my father made for me while everyone else was on fertiliser bags. I used it for a good few years as we moved house in 1974 and I remember bringing it to the new house. Probably last used in 1982. I think it's still behind the door of his shed - I must check the next time I'm there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Were they fertilizer bags? I think they were mine too. With straw in them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

How far did she get before she had to go in? I hope it's there for her in the morning so she can finish it off!

I heartily applaud all igglo's and snowperson making. I made a pretty awesome snow angel today.
    Serious sled-ing going on in the parks out my way. I don't know where they all came from. Someone had an awesome old school wooden one. Good few bin liners too for good measure.

I made my first ever snow angel today on my front lawn.
    I don't think they had been invented in my first childhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I used to get a bit of slagging because I had a proper wooden one that my father made for me while everyone else was on fertiliser bags. I used it for a good few years as we moved house in 1974 and I remember bringing it to the new house. Probably last used in 1982. I think it's still behind the door of his shed - I must check the next time I'm there.

The sled my made me probably for the '86 snow was used to get fuel in the '10 '11 snows, as well as a go down the local hills after returning from the pub. I'll have to check, but I think it's still up home.

How far did she get before she had to go in? I hope it's there for her in the morning so she can finish it off!....
    She was still at it at 4pm when I was finishing off clearing the footpaths. I hope the local scobies don't destroy it during the night. (It's in her very small front garden).

Were they fertilizer bags? I think they were mine too. With straw in them!
    Straw?? They slide much faster without straw.

(I think you're confusing it the makeshift cushion for the hard seat on the Ferguson 20). :pac:

• Advertisement

We yoked the donkey up to a bit of corrugated roof and she pulled us around.
    I have never properly sled-ded. Tomorrow will change all that!

I doff my cap to your snow angel-ing Eamonnator.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

We yoked the donkey up to a bit of corrugated roof and she pulled us around.
    I have never properly sled-ded. Tomorrow will change all that!

I doff my cap to your snow angel-ing Eamonnator.

Yoked the donkey? Is that Dublin for giving MDMA to the donkey?

I'm in my local now sinking pints, it's great having a pub in where we live and it's the busiest I've ever seen it

Anyone else's legs in bits from trudging around? I need to get more Km's in on the bike asap. Was out this afternoon and some local tykes happily let my little girl have a few turns on their wheelie bin lids to slid down a bit of a slope. Of course I had to go down and carry her back up and hence the sore legs :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

+1 many a drumlin in the north of Longford was sledded down in a fertiliser bag

Came to Dublin and it changed to For Sale and Politician signs down Spyder hill in 2010.

Yoked the donkey? Is that Dublin for giving MDMA to the donkey?

I'm in my local now sinking pints, it's great having a pub in where we live and it's the busiest I've ever seen it

Yoke up means harness up ;) We'd make traces with baling twine, tie the roof to the straddle and away we went. She had a rope bridle (made of plaited twine) and regular blue rope reins. Stand on the roof and drive away!
    Poor Betsey was well in her 30's by the time we came along, she was deeply and fundamentally unimpressed by our schemes. She was the first equine I rode, with the rope bridle and a car mat. Due to her general lack of enthusiasm for anything about life bar eating, she'd buck you off almost immediately. The challenge was how long you could stay on for.
    Fed cattle with her too. In the mid 90's. Land was too soft for the Superdexta in winter and we'd no shed at that stage. You'd drive her down and as soon as she felt the last bale leave the cart she'd trot back up to her 'home' out the road, cross it and up the lane. Things changed very, very slowly in the midlands!

...it's great having a pub in where we live....
    You have a pub in your house? :cool: I'm envious.

...Fed cattle with her too...
    Did they like her? :eek::eek::eek:

Isn't that how BSE started?

Did they like her? :eek::eek::eek:

Isn't that how BSE started?

:pac: :pac:
    I couldn't possibly say! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

My mum built me and my brother a proper wooden sled with iron runners in the early 80s.We were the posh kids in the neighborhood.

The hill in the fields had great sledding slopes,a gentle side for the nervous and a couple of steep sides where the main aim was to avoid the barbed wire at the bottom. I'm also a Midlander, I spent my childhood about 4 fields from the castle on the cover of U2's "The Unforgettable Fire" album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement