Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Dropped a cassette on my big toe earlier when cleaning it. Bloody and sore. It was to be the first time on a bike for a few weeks following a crash. Think the world is trying to tell me something.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i see a new bike shop has opened in phibsborough. interesting choice of location, it's about five or ten doors down from rothar.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you commute in along the Clontarf track on a blue road bike then this might be you and the canine charioteer is sorry https://twitter.com/CitizenW0lf/status/973306040698753026

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

dahat wrote: »
    As i'm A3 this year and very likely to uncompetitive in that grade i need something to work towards. I like training and intensity so an aim is always good to have.

I would preferably go road training but i'm 4-6 weeks off that just now.

How exactly is one 4-6 weeks off road training as opposed to turbo training?

buffalo wrote: »
    Feel good story of the morning: http://www.bbc.com/news/health-43308729

"Only do short 100km rides"

She can just fcuk right off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

How do you distinguish between short 100km rides and long 100km rides? Maths is so hard. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    How exactly is one 4-6 weeks off road training as opposed to turbo training?

As in I can train away indoors but the risk factor outdoors is too great with the injuries sustained. If something was too go wrong I could do more damage while the healing process isn't fully complete.

I am also building back my ROM as my reactions would not be 100% at this stage of recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

ED E wrote: »
    If you commute in along the Clontarf track on a blue road bike then this might be you and the canine charioteer is sorry

What's he like responding to commands when you're on the bike?
    I've met him before and he seems pretty laid back.

Just ten minutes ago I was browsing the dogs trust website and daydreaming of putting a dog in a Bullitt Bike.
    The other half says I can't get the bike until we have a kid though.

Tried explaining that it would be a tax write off but she's not buying it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Effects wrote: »

You need to get a pet to see if you are capable of looking after a kid apparently, there is your explanation. I now have a place I can store a cargo bike, and a dog, just no money to get said cargo bike. Can I train my dog to sit on a child seat.
    I am also building back my ROM as my reactions would not be 100% at this stage of recovery.
    Not to be biased or unfriendly to those of a different nature, but I just don't think cyborgs or robots should be allowed out on bikes just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Effects wrote: »
    What's he like responding to commands when you're on the bike?
    I've met him before and he seems pretty laid back.

Just ten minutes ago I was browsing the dogs trust website and daydreaming of putting a dog in a Bullitt Bike.

Not me, but that dog could win Crufts with his eyes closed. Incredibly well trained. His owner posted a video where a squirrel ran directly in front and he didnt budge.

• Advertisement

As in I can train away indoors but the risk factor outdoors is too great with the injuries sustained. If something was too go wrong I could do more damage while the healing process isn't fully complete.

Gotcha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

6585831894e15511327f5f364fe7b02c4f3b7557.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Carrying a frame on DB at rush hour, asshole behaviour but would they refuse me getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

CramCycle wrote: »
    Carrying a frame on DB at rush hour, asshole behaviour but would they refuse me getting on?

Depends on the driver and just how full the bus is. I was stopped getting on a fairly empty luas was a small road bike that was wrapped in plastic and clearly brand new.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Only 500 more posts to go before we get a new name here....

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

RobFowl wrote: »
    Only 500 more posts to go before we get a new name here....

Indeed, Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part III is going to be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

The real pity is we never used "... part II: Electric Boogaloo".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

will part 3 be in 3D? will i need to wear special glasses to peruse it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I think we should go for something completely different.
    How about "Klodi and Jan's Party Bus"

• Advertisement

will part 3 be in 3D? will i need to wear special glasses to peruse it?

That reminds me:

One of my in-laws many years ago went to see Sophie's Choice in the cinema. The adjacent screen was showing Jaws 3D. Five minutes into Sophie's Choice, two people walked down the front wearing cardboard glasses and sat down to watch. After five further minutes one turned to the other and said "I'm not seeing any difference, are you?"

we did come across a place where someone was clearly a fan.

445566.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

fear of the small ring; why are so many cyclists afraid of dropping off the big ring? i often see people who are cross-chaining madly from big to big, obviously not realising they've a front derailleur?
    i've passed people on steep climbs, churning away at 50-30 or 50-32, seemingly oblivious that they have easier gears available to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

That Veloviewer's Explorer thingy is making me do weird things.

445594.JPG

So I have this bike, in this colour scheme:
    vuelta_custom_black_58_cm_angled.jpg
    I bought new cables from CSS that were described as green and the colour was not to far off what my bike has: (4th one over):
    JCK00BK.jpg
    Alas it turns out the green is a Bianchi green. Functional me does not care but the other me is annoyed as I just would have got regular black cables.
    JCK00BC_2.jpg

First world problems

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

CramCycle wrote: »
    So I have this bike, in this colour scheme:
    vuelta_custom_black_58_cm_angled.jpg
    I bought new cables from CSS that were described as green and the colour was not to far off what my bike has: (4th one over):
    JCK00BK.jpg
    Alas it turns out the green is a Bianchi green. Functional me does not care but the other me is annoyed as I just would have got regular black cables.
    JCK00BC_2.jpg

First world problems

Does it go with purple?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Can you send them back? I'd rather burn the bike than mismatch the greens like that - yes I am that odd! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement