Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Can you send them back? I'd rather burn the bike than mismatch the greens like that - yes I am that odd! :pac:

Or just carry them as spares in your Cargo-Bib pockets :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I see a new Canyon gravel bike (Grail) has a kind of double handlebar - Hover Bar, I'd rather walk tbh.

Seven Worlds will Collide

I see a new Canyon gravel bike (Grail) has a kind of double handlebar - Hover Bar, I'd rather walk tbh.

The best bits are the part you can't lean on and the hand position guaranteed to break both wrists.

#sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

hand position guaranteed to break both wrists

My first thought :)

CramCycle wrote: »
    Alas it turns out the green is a Bianchi green. Functional me does not care but the other me is annoyed as I just would have got regular black cables.
    JCK00BC_2.jpg

First world problems

You know what will solve this conundrum, a shiney new Bianchi bike to go with your new cables ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Better to run.
    https://twitter.com/VictoryChimps/status/974262825005744128

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

fairly graphic video of a cyclist being knocked down; released by north wales police with permission from the cyclist, driver nodded off at the wheel.

http://road.cc/content/news/238720-video-welsh-cyclist-flips-twice-horrific-crash-caused-driver-who-drifted

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

**** that. The cyclist had absolutely nowhere to go. No amount of hi-vis / helmet / road craft / any other precaution could have helped him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

So I have this bike, in this colour scheme:
    vuelta_custom_black_58_cm_angled.jpg
    I bought new cables from CSS that were described as green and the colour was not to far off what my bike has: (4th one over):
    JCK00BK.jpg
    Alas it turns out the green is a Bianchi green. Functional me does not care but the other me is annoyed as I just would have got regular black cables.
    JCK00BC_2.jpg

First world problems

As I see it, you have two choices. either buy a Bianchi bike and put those cables on it or change them for black cables.

First world problems are real problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Reminds me of the Gillette story on the only news source worth reading.
    Slightly NSFW for text only.
    Gillette link.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Banana smugglers, if the photography is to be believed.

Alas it turns out the green is a Bianchi green.

Bianchi blue, surely.
    CramCyle wrote:
    First world problems

...deserves first world pedantry. :pac:

The best bits are the part you can't lean on and the hand position guaranteed to break both wrists.

#sold!

From the website it looks like the lower bar is there just to provide support for the upper bar. So it's not for your hands, as such.

...and as we all know that cyclists wouldn't do anything silly like misuse something bike related...

helmet%20backwards.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

doozerie wrote: »
    Bianchi blue, surely.
    this sounds like an internet meme. 'is this bike blue or green?'

it's green.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

it's green.

Bollocks

It's Celeste

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Green and blue are fairly closely balanced, but slightly more green
    (RGB: 40/121/114)

(You have to picture this on a readout inside my eye, Terminator-style)

photoshop is giving me 112/189/184 off the colouring on their website (which you'd hope is correct?)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

This colour based pedantry is extremely pleasing. Long may it continue :D

pffffft nerds :D

• Advertisement

considering that the colour is actually one on the bike and not actually on a monitor, we really should be worried about CMYK and not RGB.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

...and as we all know that cyclists wouldn't do anything silly like misuse something bike related...
    Sweet Jesus, did no one have a word with him? Reminds me of that embarassing pic of the chap crossing the finish line of the ROK a few years back.

i'm not sure i know that photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

i'm not sure i know that photo?
    I think it was in the Cork Examiner (or whatever it's called now) - cyclist passing under finishing arch, arms raised, and his helmet on back to front.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

helmet%20backwards.jpg

What a dickhead.

buffalo wrote: »
    What a dickhead.

Dick Helmet. He's a dick helmet

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

The father has a friend called Mickey Dick.
    One is not enough.

The nicknames of his friends are hilarious. There's also The Cardboard (why? "He was always The Cardboard". Ok :pac:).
    They're inherited also. Pat the Mouse bought a house previously owed by The Mouse Farrell and got the name with it.
    I must start collecting them. They're magnificent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

nee wrote: »
    The father has a friend called Mickey Dick.
    One is not enough.

The nicknames of his friends are hilarious. There's also The Cardboard (why? "He was always The Cardboard". Ok :pac:).
    They're inherited also. Pat the Mouse bought a house previously owed by The Mouse Farrell and got the name with it.
    I must start collecting them. They're magnificent.

The Irish are amazing at nicknames. I do have one poor sod buddy who is known as 'shanks'.. his surname is Armitage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

There is a local Contractor here who has has three sons.
    When referring to them the father calls them Dermot, John and "the fcuking eejit"

• Advertisement

it's green.

No, this (LINK) is the only green bike that Bianchi do:

3bcfca74-62c3-4c93-a8d4-8e07ac5c4ba6

...there, I hope that clears everything up...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement