Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Jesus, my heart chilled when the bus went "bump" over something - what was it, his bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

https://youtu.be/v0Ngfwr41U4

A Brazilian prank show takes on bike theft

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Beasty wrote: »
    London 6 day is back on. The pace they go around behind those derneys is incredible. I reckon they are averaging just shy of 70 km/h and hitting 75 or more on occasions

Was watching it the other day, and with no clue really about track racing, got sucked in. A few german guys had absolutely magnificently looking Look bikes (to my eye anyway)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Weepsie wrote: »
    Was watching it the other day, and with no clue really about track racing, got sucked in. A few german guys had absolutely magnificently looking Look bikes (to my eye anyway)
    At £7k for frame alone I would hope they do add a bit of colour at least.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

London 6 day is back on. The pace they go around behind those derneys is incredible.

Watching it the other night and what looked like a chilled old lady was riding one.

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Watching it the other night and what looked like a chilled old lady was riding one.

I Beg Your Pardon?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I do know one of the derny riders - not sure he'll take that as a compliment!! (Details of all riders including those with an engine underneath them are here)

I had an interview the other day, it was very near my current abode so I thought I'd cycle it. Felt strange doing so in my sartorial splendor, but not as fantasically uncomfortable as I would expect. Wicklow 200 in a suit next year perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I Beg Your Pardon?
    I do know one of the derny riders - not sure he'll take that as a compliment!! (Details of all riders including those with an engine underneath them are here)

Was there no ladies riding one ? Ha, it was late and I was tired, so maybe their helmets reminded me of my gran sitting under one of those big driers. I did go to bed soon after.

Looking at the photos of the Derny riders I figure I must have been talking about Walter Huybrechts. Sorry Walter !

Back in the day they were sterner about bicycles.

366481.JPG

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Petition to change thread title to "lunatics wearing rubber shorts"?

It's Friday, like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

had a close call this morning. I cycled by this:

366486.jpg

Which for some reason is on it's side.....

lennymc wrote: »
    had a close call this morning. I cycled by this:

366486.jpg

Which for some reason is on it's side.....

Were you at all decapitated by any chance?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Are you posting from beyond the grave Lenny? Or are you already undead?

Were you at all decapitated by any chance?

I miss that thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

It's Friday!
    Come on, crack open a beer and join the party. :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057512237

CPL 593H

Don't tell everyone! Thought it was going to be our little secret.....

Once again solid advice from the thinkbike mechanics pays off - good quality screwdrivers = essential workshop investment.

No more Mr mushed limit screws.

• Advertisement

Some advice, please. I've bought a SpyBike http://integratedtrackers.com and need to buy a pay-as-you-go sim to use in it.

The sim needs to be with a network that uses G2, preferably both in Ireland and in Britain (which probably cuts out 3, which doesn't use G2 in Britain), and it needs to be the cheapest monthly deal I can get, while still having good coverage for data and texts.

What sim should I buy?

Meanwhile…

Mrs RS was complaining of kidney pain this morning when I went out to do some work stuff.

When I got home she had the breakfast ready including small drinking glasses pre-mixed with soluble "multivitamins" which 1. we ran out of midweek and 2. were a very familiar colour from looking down at the bike on spins.

So two days of massively underdiluted electrolyte tabs then.

:0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Mrs RS was complaining of kidney pain this morning when I went out to do some work stuff.

When I got home she had the breakfast ready including small drinking glasses pre-mixed with soluble "multivitamins" which 1. we ran out of midweek and 2. were a very familiar colour from looking down at the bike on spins.

So two days of massively underdiluted electrolyte tabs then.

:0
    Suffering jaysis....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

On the club spin this morning, a Dad and son out for their own spin hit the deck about 200m in front of us. First the son, then the Dad. I thought it was oil on the road or something at first, but it seemed like the son got speedwobbles and came off, and the Dad in his panic skidded and fell. Poor kid was about 10 or 12, screaming, but seemed OK. I felt worse for the Dad, he was clearly morto when 12 guys all around his age rolled up in the full gear to see if they were alright.

YES, THAT'S FINE. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR STOPPING, WE'RE OK.

While his son was still screaming and their bikes akimbo in the middle of the road. Shock is a hell of drug, we've all been there.

I was disappointed to see a couple of guys just ride around them first before we all stopped :-/

seamus wrote: »
    I was disappointed to see a couple of guys just ride around them first before we all stopped :-/

?????

People do mad things in groupthink.

I was walking along the metals today at Seapoint with my aged dog, who loves a chance to hobble along off-lead when there are no cars around, when a cyclist coming far too fast came straight for her.

I jumped to hold her so that he'd have to mow down a human too, and he yelled "Put it on a leash!"

Won't reveal what I yelled after his disappearing bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Was your dog on the road or cycle lane?

Alek wrote: »

The Metals is neither

It's also not a place to be flying.

Alek wrote: »

The Metals is a pedestrian path between the chainlink fence bordering the railway line and the tall wall behind the seashore at Seapoint. I don't think you're really supposed to cycle there at all, but most people don't mind if you don't go too fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

?????

People do mad things in groupthink.

I was walking along the metals today at Seapoint with my aged dog, who loves a chance to hobble along off-lead when there are no cars around, when a cyclist coming far too fast came straight for her.

I jumped to hold her so that he'd have to mow down a human too, and he yelled "Put it on a leash!"

Won't reveal what I yelled after his disappearing bottom.

"Nice ass (hat)"???!!!

• Advertisement

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    "Nice ass (hat)"???!!!

Heh, something like that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement