Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

buffalo wrote: »
    Nobody can resist Taytay.

...except Rob apparently.

F*ckin hate the anodyne crap that spews from her releases.....

Too skinny as well ......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the big question about that clip - where does his guitar go at the end?

apparently Oprah Winfrey has it

re: MES - I've only really got into the Fall since he died. This was my favourite comment on his passing:

https://twitter.com/RamAlbumClub/status/956452209910304768

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

What's the status for racing with disc brakes? Is it allowed now in Ireland?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

AstraMonti wrote: »
    What's the status for racing with disc brakes? Is it allowed now in Ireland?

No,not on road races.
    CI so far have not permitted them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

A car undertook me at speed on the N4 near the Liffey Valley exit this morning, he was driving in the bus lane. Two cyclists were cycling 2-abreast and impeded his illegal progress - oh how I laughed as I went past him :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,418 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Confirmation received today - my son will be getting his first trip to Wembley in a few weeks to see United in the FA Cup Semi Final. Reckon I've more than 50 appearances myself - so many in fact that there's a plaque next to the one celebrating the 1966 World Cup win, stating "Beasty was Here"

Only question now is whether they will let me in if I'm on crutches!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Beasty wrote: »
    s to see United in the FA Cup Semi Final...
    Which of the Uniteds is that?

(Apologies - I don't follow overseas association football).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Harchester, they expect Luis Amor Rodriquez to play the full game too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,596 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

they're playing against melchester rovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Look as if the Uber crash car in Arizona had some detection capability switched off:
    http://www.eschatonblog.com/2018/03/they-can-be-programmed-not-to-hit-things.html

• Advertisement

The one that got knocked out of Europe I think ?

#YNWA

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

RobFowl wrote: »
    The one that got knocked out of Europe I think ?

#YNWA

So he is referring to the United Kingdom :pac:

https://twitter.com/Philip_Ryan/status/979325749734887424

Please move Robert Troy, please, please, please, please

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Credit where credit is due. Last year my saddle snapped in the middle as I came around a corner. I was busy at the time and only got to the place I got it maybe a month, even two later. They said they would look into it and too mail them in details and pictures. It was over a year and a half old at this stage.

I wrote the email but never sent it, and when looking for something else two weeks ago, I seen the draft, the saddle is now two years old. I sent it in and apologised. They were very nice and said they would chase it if I wanted but they were not hopeful. I said to leave it, I had already got a replacement, it had been too long.

Anyway, later that evening I looked at Fizik's website as a matter of interest. They have a QC form for issues. I thought what the hell, filled it out, attached one pic of the saddle, received an automated reply saying it would be looked into. I never really though anything else about it, thinking it was too late etc. 3 days later i got a text from DHL saying they were dropping off a package from Italy to my house. I was a bit, WTF? I didn't order anything. It was fizik. Brand new saddle. no arguments, no discussion, just their saddle broke, they sent out a new one.

Thumbs up from me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,596 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

tomasrojo wrote: »
    jack f***ing chambers?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,083 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

jack f***ing chambers?
    Nobody has ever wondered what Ryan ****ing Tubridy would be like as a politician, but if they had, they would imagine Jack ****ing Chambers.

Lumen wrote: »
    Nobody has ever wondered what Ryan ****ing Tubridy would be like as a politician, but if they had, they would imagine Jack ****ing Chambers.
    Don't know JC. Anodyne home truth-teller?

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Don't know JC. Anodyne home truth-teller?
    Anodyne populist unimaginatively following in the footsteps of his best-mates-with-Lenihan FF daddy.

Political offspring make me want to puke. What sort of limp-minded cretin wants to do the same job as their dad?

he went from zero to nowhere due to being picked ahead of far more experienced candidates for the FF nomination in dublin west. he had essentially zero experience of being a politician and zero actual political beliefs but was elected a TD.

he claimed to have 'a medical background' on his election literature. he'd dropped out of medical college after a couple of years.

• Advertisement

Thanks for clearing that up. I haven't been paying much attention to FF. Apart from Troy's love of hi-viz and helmets.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Anodyne populist unimaginatively following in the footsteps of his best-mates-with-Lenihan FF daddy.

Political offspring make me want to puke. What sort of limp-minded cretin wants to do the same job as their dad?

FF seat in Dublin West was being kept warm for him by family and friends. Guy literally has no life experience at all, never lived away from under his parents wing at home, hadn't finished his college degree and never had a proper job.

He's also, or told to be, very very conservative, didn't want people to get a chance to vote for repeal. So the cynic, or logical in me, believes that he was put in there to capture the young vote but is basically towing the line of the fogies pulling the strings in the cuman.

I don't know WTF he's doing on front bench. Despite being a young naïve lad, he represents all that is wrong with old school FF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Hurrache wrote: »
    FF seat in Dublin West was being kept warm for him by family and friends. Guy literally has no life experience at all, never lived away from under his parents wing at home, hadn't finished his college degree and never had a proper job.

None of that will get in your way in Irish Politics.

Simon Harris, Ming Flanagan are two particular beauts that come to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

What sort of limp-minded cretin wants to do the same job as their dad?

What's so inherently terrible about wanting to do what your dad did for a career?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,418 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Even if they didn't like the work, I'm sure at least one of my kids would jump at the chance of getting the fleet of Cervelos kind of rewards delivered on the back of my job:pac:

Having said that, I was more than happy to cease my farming career working for my dad over 35 years ago

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    What's so inherently terrible about wanting to do what your dad did for a career?
    or the other way around, my dad was adamant i did not follow him. he was a bank manager.

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    It's a fine aspiration. For a six year old.

I think that's a bit unfair on poor Nico

i remember hearing a claim once that 'every man wants to excel at what his father was mediocre at'. i've seen evidence for, and evidence against, this claim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Harsh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement