Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

So, I'm making a halloween costume.

I need a broken electrical appliance, the more wires and resistors the better. If anyone has one to offload in Dublin, PM me please!

It's going to be a pretty sweet costume!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I have no appliances to add.

However, pictures! We need pictures of said costume upon completion!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Think he meant to say "pretty sweaty"....

Attention Rollingscone: Your inbox is full and my message won't fit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Attention Rollingscone: Your inbox is full and my message won't fit!

Too beloved of the people is fair Rollingscone.

• Advertisement

Should be space now

I will be going as Louis Tully, aka Vinz Clortho, keymaster of Gozer:

maxresdefault.jpg

I thought it would be easier to do. Even finding a mustard top to wear under the shirt is proving exceedingly difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Soldier on, that's a brilliant costume idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

My dad once went to a SF-themed fancy dress party dressed as the Woody Allen Robot from Sleeper. Looked pretty good! Most of the costume was an old tux anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

tomasrojo wrote: »
    My dad once went to a SF-themed fancy dress party .....
    For a second there I had images of Adams, McGuinness and Mary Lou costumes......

......then the penny dropped! :)

• Advertisement

Had to leg it into Lidl in Lycra for a minute so everyone present was treated to two tickets to the leg show.

Sincerest apologies to the families of those affected.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Beasty wrote: »
    As gadetra's aware (as a mod she gets a sneak preview) I've recently picked up something gold that will go very well with a gold bike .....
    Bit of a quandary - do I post this in "I should have left the Credit Card at home", or maybe the "what's in the post" thread. Was thinking of starting a "Post Images of Booties" thread, but perhaps this is the best place:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/236453/366863.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Bit of a quandary - do I post this in "I should have left the Credit Card at home", or maybe the "what's in the post" thread. Was thinking of starting a "Post Images of Booties" thread, but perhaps this is the best place:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/236453/366863.jpg

I do not have permission to access this page, the system tells me. Must be really shocking.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I do not have permission to access this page, the system tells me. Must be really shocking.

It's on the Darknet.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Humiliation time, cycling into college on Tuesday evening, with my super good lights, I somehow missed that the barriers to stop the rat runners, that are always up at that time, were not up.

I managed to take out myself and the barrier in the stupidest slo-mo crash in history.

Suprisingly easy to fix, took a minute to bend into shape, told the estates crowd, who did not care and it was operating when I came out later.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Nope. You obviously attached it to a post in a private forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

seamus wrote: »

Yep, I can see it so that's probably it.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

gadetra wrote: »
    However, if the lowest common denominator insists on flying through lights when pedestrians are crossing at full tilt (just one example), full of the self righteous belief that it's not illegal I don't know how long such generous rules will last.

Then they wouldn't have been prepared to yield. Much like the turn right on red in the US, no one approaches those at speed because if there is other vehicles or pedestrians in the junction before you, they have right-of-way. It works there because it's policed, the cops take these offences seriously, unlike generally turning a blind eye to it as happens here.

seamus wrote: »
    I logged out but could still see it - Oh well - a bit of "Friday suspense" never did anyone any harm!!

• Advertisement

Here you go (again!!!):

367076.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Is it just me or is very hard to sell stuff at the moment?
    Seems to be very few buyers and of those that are commenting seems to be a high percentage of tyre kickers......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

RobFowl wrote: »
    Seems to be very few buyers and of those that are commenting seems to be a high percentage of tyre kickers......

few buyers, tried sell brand new pair of shoes that didnt fit but where bargain only offer was below asking (well below) otherwise tyre kickers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Here you go (again!!!):

367076.jpg

What are Bonts like to ride with?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Is this on adverts.ie?

Is there an article anywhere about selling stuff on adverts.ie or any equivalent site?

I like to have a good think about processes before starting in earnest, and I'm in two minds about selling stuff online that is now surplus to requirements in my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

It's not just bikes, I've a few bits on Adverts and I can either sell them for a small fraction of the price, exchange them for someones old hamster cage, or they'll pull out of meeting up just beforehand.

Puts me off uploading the rest of what I've got to sell. Very frustrating.

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Is this on adverts.ie?

Is there an article anywhere about selling stuff on adverts.ie or any equivalent site?

I like to have a good think about processes before starting in earnest, and I'm in two minds about selling stuff online that is now surplus to requirements in my house.

Here, adverts and done deal.
    Have a range of stuff up and no interest on some good quality bits and when there have been offers tyre kickers and messers

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

Spotted this yoke in Copenhagen!
    BVIfZlw.jpg?1

Raam wrote: »
    What are Bonts like to ride with?
    They are perfect for me, but I have very odd shaped feet - if you look at the white ones, which were made to measure, my feet are very broad, and I also have a very high instep.

The others are size 42 or 43, but double wide. The fact I can then mould them further in the oven helps me get shoes that actually fit!!

• Advertisement

We're moving out of recession. The economy is growing, meaning people are more inclined to buy new rather than 2nd hand. Investing in a bike shop may not be a bad hedge at present;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement