Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

gadetra wrote: »
    Yes.

If you put a Christmas jersey on them. On the 1st of July. He's not a well man...

And a LOT more girth...

lennymc wrote: »
    That is no competition. Everyone knows Lusk_Doyle can't turn left.

2014-12-derek-zoolander12.0.jpeg

Tracks are more of gradual bends as opposed to turns so your luck has run out my cuddly friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

Who's the poster who keeps complaining when StickyBottle rerun their feature articles?

http://cyclocosm.tumblr.com/post/132546138132/direct-mail-is-always-so-interesting-to-mewhy

tumblr_nxax83TLRy1qbw072o1_1280.png

buffalo wrote: »
    Who's the poster who keeps complaining when StickyBottle rerun their feature articles?

http://cyclocosm.tumblr.com/post/132546138132/direct-mail-is-always-so-interesting-to-mewhy

tumblr_nxax83TLRy1qbw072o1_1280.png

You've read it three times? Has any of it stuck yet or do you need another go?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    You've read it three times? Has any of it stuck yet or do you need another go?

It's a screenshot from Cosmo Catalano's page.

• Advertisement

It's a screenshot from Cosmo Catalano's page.

I know but where's the joke then in that scenario?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Hey those of you who (like me) take the Clontarf road/track.

I seen a cyclist on what I can only describe as a modern day penny farting (farthing?) bike heading north on Clontarf this afternoon.. I was on my motorbike so I was going too fast to take in much detail or ask the rider about it.

The wheel was (I'm guessing) about 4ft in circumference, I can't remember a second wheel and the rider had small straight bars.

Has anyone seen it, or knows what kind of bike it likely is?.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Hey those of you who (like me) take the Clontarf road/track.

I seen a cyclist on what I can only describe as a modern day penny farting (farthing?) bike heading north on Clontarf this afternoon.. I was on my motorbike so I was going too fast to take in much detail or ask the rider about it.

The wheel was (I'm guessing) about 4ft in circumference, I can't remember a second wheel and the rider had small straight bars.

Has anyone seen it, or knows what kind of bike it likely is?.

Bloody attention seeker. Can't they just ride around in pink and white lycra with sparkling white shoes on 7,000 Euro bikes like the rest of us?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

There is some lad who rides a uni-cycle with a large wheel along that stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

North side of the Sam Beckett bridge there's an on-path cycle track that is absolutely covered in glass. I've dodged my way through it for the last number of days, but finally today it got me with a catastrophic puncture. Lost all air in about 4 seconds I'd say. :mad:

I finally gave up on the Vittoria Rubino Pro, I got max 3000km out of it, and had a number of punctures in the last month. So that's a non-runner imo, preferred the GP4000II 100 times more. I've just put on a Schwalbe Marathon plus, so lets hope that gets me through the winter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

North side of the Sam Beckett bridge there's an on-path cycle track that is absolutely covered in glass. I've dodged my way through it for the last number of days, but finally today it got me with a catastrophic puncture. Lost all air in about 4 seconds I'd say. :mad:

I finally gave up on the Vittoria Rubino Pro, I got max 3000km out of it, and had a number of punctures in the last month. So that's a non-runner imo, preferred the GP4000II 100 times more. I've just put on a Schwalbe Marathon plus, so lets hope that gets me through the winter.

I work beside there and know that path. It was the same last year after Halloween & mid term and I got loads of punctures. Under the rail bridge can be dodgy too. Ive changed my route ever so slightly since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

How does so much glass get broken? I've never seen anyone actually doing it. If it happens at Hallowe'en, is it… the Good People?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

That stretch is not great on warm either when the locals have their beach parties and swim in the canal. The place gets littered with rubbish and glass on the bike path. It then gets cleaned in the evening by the corporation and it all starts over again the next day.

On a side note, I'd like to know who had the great idea of allowing buses stop opposite the Convention Centre and dump passengers onto the bike lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

North side of the Sam Beckett bridge there's an on-path cycle track that is absolutely covered in glass.
    Weepsie wrote: »
    I work beside there and know that path. It was the same last year after Halloween & mid term and I got loads of punctures. Under the rail bridge can be dodgy too. Ive changed my route ever so slightly since
    How does so much glass get broken? I've never seen anyone actually doing it. If it happens at Hallowe'en, is it… the Good People?

I use that route daily - I usually come at it from the Sherrif St bridge direction and turn left onto it. There is regularly broken glass just where you come off the road onto the cycle path and it's always just at that spot which makes me suspect that it's deliberate.

I'll keep a look out for beer-drinkin', cycle-hatin' locals.......

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I use that route daily - I usually come at it from the Sherrif St bridge direction and turn left onto it. There is regularly broken glass just where you come off the road onto the cycle path and it's always just at that spot which makes me suspect that it's deliberate.

I'll keep a look out for beer-drinkin', cycle-hatin' locals.......

That's the route I took when I got the puncture. I can avoid the cycle track on the way to Sheriff street, but it's not so easy on the way back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Anyone notice 'no bikes' sprayed on the bike track where it starts coming off Guild St., onto Seville Place?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

traprunner wrote: »
    Anyone notice 'no bikes' sprayed on the bike track where it starts coming off Guild St., onto Seville Place?

Yup, always gives me a little laugh. In the glass, there's a small element of arses in the area from my experience who gladly will smash stuff up and just be a bit miserable to everyone in the area. But there's also a student population in the area, and young professionals and numbers of them can also be prats when the mood suits them. Furthermore, ad the people you'd get drinking on their way down to gigs in the point too.

All in all, id say its just a sad mix of eejits being in the area who think they're gas doing it.

I stopped bothering with that cycle path and just stick to the road when possible

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

Eurosport 2 are showing this year's Amstel, Fleche Wallonne and LBL back to back from 6-9 tonight. That's this evening viewing sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

drogdub wrote: »
    Eurosport 2 are showing this year's Amstel, Fleche Wallonne and LBL back to back from 6-9 tonight. That's this evening viewing sorted

It's even better when you can't remember who won

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

bazermc wrote: »
    It's even better when you can't remember who won

Just as well it isn't 2011 then.

• Advertisement

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

probably not the chosen accommodation for those who prefer the finer things in life
    That's me out then .....

Well, I really meant that this would be the next solution offered to homeless families sleeping on the streets; offered by champagne-swilling foie-gras-belching politicians as they lounge on their silken sheets in their penthouse hideaways looking down on the mean streets.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Well, I really meant that this would be the next solution offered to homeless families sleeping on the streets; offered by champagne-swilling foie-gras-belching politicians as they lounge on their silken sheets in their penthouse hideaways looking down on the mean streets.

I would have lived in one during college, would have been great, other than it would have been nicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Just as well it isn't 2011 then.

I don't get it. I don't remember this year never mind 6 years ago

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I don't remember .... 6 years ago
    When was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Beasty wrote: »
    When was that?
    5 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I don't get it. I don't remember this year never mind 6 years ago

Philippe Gilbert won the three Ardennes classics that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Bojack Horseman is a thing that people who like things should try watching. Or at least watch this opening credits which is a thing of wonder in and of itself.

https://youtu.be/rQvIR1oL1vE

• Advertisement

Bojack Horseman is a thing that people who like things should try watching. Or at least watch this opening credits which is a thing of wonder in and of itself.

https://youtu.be/rQvIR1oL1vE

Labhraidh Loinsigh?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement