Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's a gadget, they're aimed a suckers like me. And what sort of fashionista wants to wear a helmet mirror apart from recumbent riders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

That's it. I think we have reached ' peak bike '. It's all downhill ( with disc brakes ) from here on in..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Did today's conditions qualify as Belgian? Or was it still too warm?

Poor old Road Royce (as I call my Croix de Fer when it's got roadwheels...in lieu of having friends) had to pass through quite a few floods but other than the fronts of my thighs being bright pink it was a pretty cosy spin.

Wiped the bike down thoroughly before bringing it back into the house but I do wonder about my BB/hubs...

ps: Still haven't wrestled my conscience into submission re blowing €300 on a Garmin...it's going to be an end of sale nail-biter if it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    That's it. I think we have reached ' peak bike '. It's all downhill ( with disc brakes ) from here on in..

I like downhill.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Well after over a year and a half on good old cheap tyres (2 years? can't remember!) (Continental Ultra Sports) I got a puncture. I thought my lovely cheap commuting tyres had died, until I found a half centimeter lump of glass in it :eek: Fixing it in the dark, in the pissing rain was not fun. Thank fcuk for bus stops. On the plus side, my new mini pump works great. Minus points for rain down the back of my neck, despite high collar and buff though :mad: Also glad my tube held up, it had 2 patches on it! Was in there for over a year and a half or whatever happy days!

Heading back out again now, seriously hoping it doesn't go again through the lump left in it by the glass...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

After missing lots of racing over the past 18 months, I renewed my ci licence and (for various reasons that im not going into) downgraded to a4, albeit with 8 points. Looking forward to getting back into it (I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

'downgraded to a4'

Ah here...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

On a 'rest day' today, sometimes you need to listen to your body. Aching muscles everywhere, so my gym tonight will be me sitting the steam room and jacuzzi for an hour
    :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Le Tour? :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

lennymc wrote: »
    After missing lots of racing over the past 18 months, I renewed my ci licence and (for various reasons that im not going into) downgraded to a4, albeit with 8 points. Looking forward to getting back into it (I think).

You are dead to me ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

RobFowl wrote: »
    You are dead to me ;)

But only for one race? :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

daragh_ wrote: »
    'downgraded to a4'

Ah here...

I was automatically put into A4 this year, so I got downgraded regardless.

Suppose if I actually go to any races this year it will be a huge step up from last year though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Missed 8 months or so of racing last year... have downgraded to no licence

Missed 8 months or so of racing last year... have downgraded to no licence

Do you think you will make it out this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I honestly don't know. Work and family made a balls of last year after it had started quite well, and nothing much has changed. Bar being almost 10kg heavier. Don't think my heart is in it this year tbh. I'll be deciding before the end of the month, but with no training done so far, i may only be hitting track and Mondello.

I honestly don't know. Work and family made a balls of last year after it had started quite well, and nothing much has changed. Bar being almost 10kg heavier. Don't think my heart is in it this year tbh. I'll be deciding before the end of the month, but with no training done so far, i may only be hitting track and Mondello.

I know the feeling, my only outing on the bike (bar commuting) was one training session in Sundrive, between injury, kids, work and everything else, that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Caption competition.

Water? What water?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Mods, thinking of locking that thread?
    Health threads on Internet discussion forum websites are more likely than not (by a factor of 4:1) to contain information of high or reasonably high quality. Extremely poor information is rare
    Health Advice from Internet Discussion Forums: How Bad Is Dangerous?
    http://www.jmir.org/2016/1/e4/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Mods, thinking of locking that thread?

Health Advice from Internet Discussion Forums: How Bad Is Dangerous?
    http://www.jmir.org/2016/1/e4/

PM or report if you have a question or think something needs attention, we're not having a discussion on it in this thread. In this case, he's just looking for a bike fitter, not medical advice, and I'm comfortable with that.

PM or report if you have a question or think something needs attention, we're not having a discussion on it in this thread. In this case, he's just looking for a bike fitter, not medical advice, and I'm comfortable with that.

Oh, I wasn't referring to a thread in particular. Just making a weak joke ("Thinking of locking that thread?" in a radio advert voice), while highlighting a recent paper about the surprisingly ok quality of medical advice offered on internet discussion forums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Oh, I wasn't referring to a thread in particular. Just making a weak joke ("Thinking of locking that thread?" in a radio advert voice), while highlighting a recent paper about the surprisingly ok quality of medical advice offered on internet discussion forums.

Oh right, sorry :o

Commuting cyclists much fitter than other transport users in London
    http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/west-london-news/london-cyclists-six-times-fitter-10689853

(I read somewhere recently than 300 minutes of activity per week was probably optimal, rather than 150. But many commuting cyclists near that too, I imagine.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

The bicycle was invented in France! I didn't know that!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bike_boom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

The bicycle was invented in France! I didn't know that!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bike_boom

All the years you've wasted incorrectly crediting & researching Sir Wilfred Bicycle!

Looks like snow might be on the way. I'll be trying out a new tire system..

snowtires_660.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    Looks like snow might be on the way. I'll be trying out a new tire system..

I was thinking great, but then realised I have Rim breaks. Worth a shot with disc breaks.

Weepsie wrote: »
    I was thinking great, but then realised I have Rim breaks. Worth a shot with disc breaks.

Yep, will only work with disc brake or fixed gear

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I'll be trying out a new tire system..

I bet it will last until your first braking on tarmac :P Unless we are getting some real continental snow! :D

Alek wrote: »
    I bet it will last until your first braking on tarmac :P Unless we are getting some real continental snow! :D

I used it years ago when we had the really bad snow (2010 maybe?) and it worked really well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

Want to go on a bike ride with Bono?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement