Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    Yep, will only work with disc brake or fixed gear

Or coaster or drum/roller brakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Doctor Bob wrote: »
    Or coaster or drum/roller brakes.

OR no brakes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Oh, I wasn't referring to a thread in particular. Just making a weak joke ("Thinking of locking that thread?" in a radio advert voice), while highlighting a recent paper about the surprisingly ok quality of medical advice offered on internet discussion forums.

On that tv show on rte based on c4 verison, "you should see a doctor" or something along those lines, many patients have self diagnosed using internet and more often than not they are found to be correct so it goes to show. However if nothing is actually wrong it may scare you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Or you could convince yourself you're fine, with disastrous consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

buffalo wrote: »
    Want to go on a bike ride with Bono?
    His history doesn't fill me with confidence.

On the snow topic, I think I'll go get the MTB out of storage this weekend. And maybe research some...ahem...cross-country routes to work. It's not breaking the law to cycle in parks if you can't see anything because of the snow right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

It's not breaking the law to cycle in parks

If it was, most cyclocrossers would have been arrested by now :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Spoke cards. Never knew they were a thing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoke_card

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Interview with the chef from Tinkoff - probably more about food than cycling but a good read anyhoo
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/100-tours-100-tales/2016/jan/07/hannah-grant-interview-noma-fat-duck-cooking-cycling

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

That's some bite.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Just bought a new helmet from mcconveys, 4-5 clicks and that was it!
    Far too easy and dangerous for the likes of me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

If he doesn't get superpowers this time I'll be really disappointed,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

seamus wrote: »
    His history doesn't fill me with confidence.

thatsthejoke.jpg
    :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

colm18 wrote: »
    Interview with the chef from Tinkoff - probably more about food than cycling but a good read anyhoo
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/100-tours-100-tales/2016/jan/07/hannah-grant-interview-noma-fat-duck-cooking-cycling

good read, crazy the professional kitchen was busy and the pro cycling team kitchen just as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

Is it sad that I got excited about this:
    The award for Best Individual went to transition year student Shane Curran, 16, from Terenure College, Dublin for his project 'Velodrome: The Automated Logistics Fulfiment Platform'.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0108/758785-bt-young-scientist-award/

But it turns out it's a courier application suite. In fairness, it's pretty impressive, though we won't be running track races on it anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

No bicycling today. My lungs are still inflamed from servicing our "new" Dyson yesterday. :(

This what happens when your lungs get repeatedly ravaged by bronchitis & mild to severe (that's a real range ) pneumonia.

Worth noting by anyone planning on awesoming through the tail end of their Bronchitis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Advice appreciated, as after 3 weeks and a course of anibiotics I'm still coughing up some alien lifeforms... :-/ Kippure can wait another week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Got a flat in Howth, swapped out for the spare tube... or so I thought. Gobshi*e here put the burst tube back in and almost put the new one in the bin. Sigh

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Alek wrote: »
    Advice appreciated, as after 3 weeks and a course of anibiotics I'm still coughing up some alien lifeforms... :-/ Kippure can wait another week or so.

Probably for the best; attempted it today but chickened out 1/3 way up to due to ice patches. That descent is dodgy enough already :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Got a flat in Howth, swapped out for the spare tube... or so I thought. Gobshi*e here put the burst tube back in and almost put the new one in the bin. Sigh

When I read this first, I thought you'd moved to Howth to a new flat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Yup been there done that…salvaged by having a 'to patch' pile rather than fcuking it into the bin! :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Mental not, stop fiddling with bikes the day before an event.
    Riding the cross nationals tomorrow with a cable tie holding my brakes together....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

RobFowl wrote: »
    Riding the cross nationals tomorrow with a cable tie holding my brakes together....

Well they are lighter than screws

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,447 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobFowl wrote: »
    It's CX - after a couple of laps your brakes will be pretty ineffective anyway. Still have every confidence in you Rob - that national jersey is pretty much in the bag - we'll Seymour of that tomorrow evening anyway ....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Good tip here lads for adding a start-up message to your Garmin (e.g. name/contact number) in case it gets lost/mislaid. Just did it and it works perfectly.

(I'm surprised Garmin don't make users more aware of this facility).

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/08/display-number-garmin.html

still inflamed from servicing our "new" Dyson yesterday. :(

Mmmmmm

Carry on style cackle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

12540595_1009673259055631_3974498814848723374_n.jpg?oh=515d247c8db5b09d693ea2211a9d57c4&oe=57138402&__gda__=1460410683_2f159da9ec78afcff88be2608c40a9ea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

11201918_541283762702688_108622619273618098_n.jpg?oh=2b7b3c234dbc83e962a4e409c08fc080&oe=570E77F3&__gda__=1459932602_003e8193136898ebaf7ee6d36239bdac

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I got properly upset at the Bowie news as I was making breakfast. :(

I'll leave this little (hour long) tribute by soulwax here for anyone feeling like they want a lot of Bowie. Unfortunaely Can't embed Vimeo

https://vimeo.com/53207758

plus my personal favourite

RIP to the great man

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement