Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

He'd have made a decent cyclist, would fitted in very well. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Jaysus it was cold this morning. Kudos to whoever posted the bargain alert for the Vermac Lotto gear. It was my first time wearing it and it was cosy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

are these the best deal on wheels for around €200 ish?

Campagnolo's vento with gator skins for €219

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/campagnolo-vento-asy-g3-gatorskin-winter-wheel-package/campwhfr917

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

dunworth1 wrote: »
    are these the best deal on wheels for around €200 ish?

Campagnolo's vento with gator skins for €219

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/campagnolo-vento-asy-g3-gatorskin-winter-wheel-package/campwhfr917

Yes BUT because the rear wheel is G3 spoke pattern if it goes out of true its not a simple retrue that any bike shop can do.
    I am not even sure if anyone in Ireland has been trained to fix them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Thud

Really? There must be a lot of Zondas floating around at this stage, they have same pattern, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

koutoubia wrote: »
    Yes BUT because the rear wheel is G3 spoke pattern if it goes out of true its not a simple retrue that any bike shop can do.
    I am not even sure if anyone in Ireland has been trained to fix them!

It's a good job,nobody ever told me that.
    If I'd known, it was such a big deal, I mightn't have attempted to true my Zondas and Racing 3s, which I have done, with very satisfactory results.

Did you manage to true the 3g pattern?
    Fair play to ya.
    I was under the illusion from another forum that it was a nasty job!
    May have a wheel for ya to try ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

koutoubia wrote: »
    Did you manage to true the 3g pattern?
    Fair play to ya.
    I was under the illusion from another forum that it was a nasty job!
    May have a wheel for ya to try ;)

I don't come cheap

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I don't come cheap

Thats not what it says on the toilet wall.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

12512539_10153639768776977_7978229160592208400_n.jpg?oh=831d75575066ead3cfc0c6e2c646ba19&oe=570CB6D4

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flying11

hi all,
    I'm just wondering if cycling Ireland have started sending out race numbers and licenses yet?

I paid for my a4 license in the middle of December but haven't heard anything since?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

If you log in you will be able to print off a pdf of your licence. They haven't sent then out yet AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Quick question - Are you allowed to race on a road bike with disc brakes in Ireland?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

coach22 wrote: »
    Quick question - Are you allowed to race on a road bike with disc brakes in Ireland?

No, unless you race CX but my impression is that a road bike would be a bad choice there

lennymc wrote: »
    If you log in you will be able to print off a pdf of your licence. They haven't sent then out yet AFAIK.

Yes

When I renewed, C.I. sent me a confirmation email. There was a PDF included in the email.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Yes

When I renewed, C.I. sent me a confirmation email. There was a PDF included in the email.

If you pay by DD you won't be able to get this until payment commences by the looks of it, my status still says awaiting DD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Should Howth/Coastal roads be a safe bet late tomorrow morning?

Have a hankering for some distance but no studs.

Alternative is to go offroad in the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Should Howth/Coastal roads be a safe bet late tomorrow morning?

Have a hankering for some distance but no studs.

Alternative is to go offroad in the park.

Sutton all the way to city centre was fine earlier this morning. Saw a tiny patch of frost on the cycle path opposite The Sheds in Clontarf but that was about it.

Go for it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Oh sweet suffering jesus. I'd not been using Strava but started yesterday, I didn't realise it was as complex as it is and never knew about leaderboards until last night. My commute to work was somewhat sprightly this morning trying to get myself up near the top and now I'm in work constantly checking it to see I'm still up there!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Just back from a wee spun and it was effing cold !

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Oh sweet suffering jesus. I'd not been using Strava but started yesterday, I didn't realise it was as complex as it is and never knew about leaderboards until last night. My commute to work was somewhat sprightly this morning trying to get myself up near the top and now I'm in work constantly checking it to see I'm still up there!
    Friend of mine was on Strava for about two months when he picked up a KOM on a busy 12km long segment on a club spin. After about 7-8 congratulatory messages, he asked 'Hey lads, what's a KOM?'
    We thought he was taking the p1ss, but he wasn't. Priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

Buzwaldo wrote: »
    Friend of mine was on Strava for about two months when he picked up a KOM on a busy 12km long segment on a club spin. After about 7-8 congratulatory messages, he asked 'Hey lads, what's a KOM?'
    We thought he was taking the p1ss, but he wasn't. Priceless.
    KilOMetre??ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

RobFowl wrote: »

I bet it was the swim at the start that chilled you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/cyclist-deliberately-kicked-19-month-old-baby-in-unprovoked-attack-34361242.html

I expect the comment section will get interesting, cyclist alleged to have "deliberately kicked" a toddler on the cycle lane. Punishment pass gone wrong or child darting onto a track into cyclist?

Worse yet it appears the cyclist wasn't even wearing high viz either.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Probably cycled by and gave her a little kick in the arse as he did. Not excusable, but not exactly newsworthy either. Just some prick being a prick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

seamus wrote: »
    Probably cycled by and gave her a little kick in the arse as he did. Not excusable, but not exactly newsworthy either. Just some prick being a prick.

Nope, I don't think.they're making too big a deal out of it at all. A stranger kicking or hitting a kid out of the way is not ok in any way, shape or form, its horrendous behaviour. Now we don't know what exactly happened, maybe the little one fell or wobbled over onto the cyclists path at the last minute and he shoved her out of the way so he didn't go over her, or maybe not. If not he should be heavily reprimanded and this behaviour held up as absolutely unacceptable. It's beyond bring a Dick to be honest, hurting a random child deliberately is psychopathic and utterly inexcusable.

RobFowl wrote:

Did you expect it to be warm?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Seen a bike the other night coming the other way that had: one extremely bright flashing light in the middle of his bars, one smaller white light on the right, a helmet mounted very bright one and, inexplicably, a red light on the left hand side of his bars :confused: Kudos for all the lights but why the back light on the front? Wonders never cease... I suppose he had all areas covered!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

gadetra wrote: »
    Seen a bike the other night coming the other way that had: one extremely bright flashing light in the middle of his bars, one smaller white light on the right, a helmet mounted very bright one and, inexplicably, a red light on the left hand side of his bars :confused: Kudos for all the lights but why the back light on the front? Wonders never cease... I suppose he had all areas covered!

Last night, very very cold and not many cyclists out, but between St Patrick's and Heuston I saw 5 cyclists correctly lit, 5 with no lights at all, 2 with white lights on the back, 1 with a red light on the back of her helmet and no other light, and 1 with a cop-coloured blue light on the back. There's a definite need for education on correct bike lighting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement