Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

CramCycle wrote: »
    I presume by the actions of the English after 1921 in regards to other parts of the empire breaking free, it would realistically have been a fair bit friendlier, with better economic outcomes for Ireland and potentially the support of our neighbours which may have went some way to lowering the number and level of atrocities, but only an opinion and I admit I am no expert.

I don't know about that. Most of their African and Asian colonies descended into chaos shortly after they left. Your average Arab and Jew in the middle-east wouldn't have great memories of the legacy of empire either...

The undeniable and vile discrimination against Nationalists in the North until they were forced to behave - over FIFTY years after after the Southern uprising - leads me to think that things wouldn't have gone swimmingly whatever happened.
    Anyway this is bad territory to get into. All Europeans now etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Definitely booking a foreign holiday this Easter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Anyone with any knowledge of history knows that most of it is down to interpretation. I'm afraid you've made a bit of a show of yourself above as it's not outlandish by any means to believe that the War of Independence started in 1916.
    Also Seán Treacy and Séamus Robinson are usually regarded as the top men at Soloheadbeg, Breen being a lesser figure at the time.

Clearly they're teaching things differently since I got my degree. I could also interpret the 1867 rebellion as having begun the war of independence. That'd just be inside outlandish as well. As for making a show of myself... that too is open to interpretation.

Anybody know what happened to the Irish women's TP squad. Where they given wrong lap numbers?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Anybody know what happened to the Irish women's TP squad. Where they given wrong lap numbers?

From this?
    http://www.tissottiming.com/File/Download?id=00030D0000021463FFFFFFFFFFFFFF02

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Could we maybe talk about bicycles? Sorry to have brought all this in.

Well, it is the "off topic" thread"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

gadetra wrote: »

I saw a report that they were given the 3km pursuit lap numbers on their first run and had to go again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Ahead of you :)

Italy beckons ....

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I saw a report that they were given the 3km pursuit lap numbers on their first run and had to go again.
    From here
    Brian Nugent said “the commissaires put 12 laps on the board instead of 16 and stopped the team a kilo early. It was very frustrating and it meant we had to restart at the end. After already completing 3kms and having to go again wasn’t really ideal, but there wasn’t any other option at that point.”

Felix English took 4th in the Scratch and then 7th in the Points Race. That may help secure places in the Worlds in London in March

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

"Brian Nugent said “the commissaires put 12 laps on the board instead of 16 and stopped the team a kilo early. It was very frustrating and it meant we had to restart at the end. After already completing 3kms and having to go again wasn’t really ideal, but there wasn’t any other option at that point.”

Jesus that's horrific.

Ridiculous at that level too

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

gadetra wrote: »
    "Brian Nugent said “the commissaires put 12 laps on the board instead of 16 and stopped the team a kilo early. It was very frustrating and it meant we had to restart at the end. After already completing 3kms and having to go again wasn’t really ideal, but there wasn’t any other option at that point.”

Jesus that's horrific.

Ridiculous at that level too
    Did I ever tell you about my first World Championships - they made me do an extra lap:p

The really frustrating thing is I was looking at the lap counter, and it seemed to stick at 6. Was thinking it should be 5. Another lap and I'll be half-way there. But it was another 2 before I saw 4 on the board. Normally when that happens the person realises they are out of sync with the lap counter on the other side. In this case though they both got it wrong! Played hell with me mentally for the remainder of the pursuit. Looked up at the clock at the end and could not believe how poor my time was. Was saying to people around me I must have done 9 laps. Then an official came over to me rather sheepishly to tell me they had made a mistake. They gave me the option of going again - not a cat in hell's chance of that! They therefore gave me my 2k time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Possibly heading to South Korea , not sure yet. Apparently there is loads of dedicated cycle paths now so going to try and get on that if I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Did I see right that the mens team had to restart as well after the timer malfunctioned?

Lumen wrote: »

I don't take The Irish Times. I've never read any of this woman's stuff before.
    Does she write s*#te like this often?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Lumen wrote: »

A shameful double whammy of shame. Any commuter-cam warriors get some footage?

:P

CramCycle wrote: »
    Did I see right that the mens team had to restart as well after the timer malfunctioned?
    They definitely had a disadvantage - possibly more down to the fact Felix English and Eoin Mullen are the only Irish guys out there and you need 3 to cross the line in the pursuit....

It became clear after the Euros they had virtually no chance of qualifying for Rio. They went to the World Cup event in Cali but did not enter the Cambridge or HK events

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I don't take The Irish Times. I've never read any of this woman's stuff before.
    Does she write s*#te like this often?
    No. It's usually much worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

I can't believe people get paid to write crap like that. I'm thinking that I should see if my parents have any of my old school copies in their attic. I reckon 'My News. Today is Saturday. It so a cold day.' would earn me a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I regularly hear one elderly lady in Portobello telling cyclists "No cycling on this path" as they ignore en-mass the perplexing cycle free section canal at Portobello.

I don't cycle on it, because it's for pedestrians; the only real disincentive to using the road like a grown up is the section of one way street at the end, and the fact that Portobello road is often blocked by cars.

It's pretty clear that the reason this section isn't cycle track is that they couldn't make space for pedestrians off the canal without pedestrianizing Portobello road.

But I'm still firmly of the opinion that cycling on a footpath, especially one with big no cycling signs on it, is dickish and wrong. So I sympathize with the lady not wanting to have hardcore extreme athlete commuter warriors who are too lazy/afraid to go around on the road zipping around her.

traprunner wrote: »
    I can't believe people get paid to write crap like that. I'm thinking that I should see if my parents have any of my old school copies in their attic. I reckon 'My News. Today is Saturday. It so a cold day.' would earn me a fortune.

She's made a career of it. Absolute tripe. At least its not Barry Egan though, it's the little things like that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Several posts deleted. If you want to make negative remarks about someone who's just won a defamation action (of all things), please don't do so on this website.

Think before you post folks.

Thanks

Is it just me, or has there been a problem with Boards.ie today?

Is it just me, or has there been a problem with Boards.ie today?

RobFowl tried accessing some servers to change the name of this thread. Total lockdown

Weepsie wrote: »
    RobFowl tried accessing some servers to change the name of this thread. Total lockdown

Looks like the Hoor was at it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Lemmy,Bowie and Frey....All dead!
    Yet Simon Cowell lives.
    Something is badly out of Synch in the world!

I've achieved so much in the last day or so.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Looks like the Hoor was at it again.

And I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those pesky kids ...

Can somebody post a link, to what has been happening lately to Boards.ie
    please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

please.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack#Distributed_attack

• Advertisement

please.
    Blame "DDoS"ers;)

There's a thread in Feedback, and another here, although I suspect the latter is unlikely to go into the cause too deeply

A bit more about them here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement