Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Alek wrote: »
    Lets name the next one the same just to watch RobFowl implode.

:P

How about...

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part III **off topic discussion**

So he can't complain that it is the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

' Jan and Klodi's knacker drinking session down the park '

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

RobFowl wrote: »
    Over 2000 posts here now, less than 8000 to go before the powers that be foist another crap thread title on us long suffering cyclists ;)

I'm surprised you still have toys left in that pram of yours :)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Raam wrote: »
    How about...

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part III **off topic discussion**

So he can't complain that it is the same.

Why not open a thread with that title now?
    We already have Jan and Klodi's Party Bus
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057058840
    and Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II
    open at the same time...

Its only threads asking about beloved stolen bikes that are shut down immediately and merged into one .........

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've already deleted 6,000 posts from this thread. Because....

Because. ..

...because I can :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Beasty wrote: »
    I've already deleted 6,000 posts from this thread. Because....

Because. ..

...because I can :)

You are going in my book 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Argh.

Anyone got any ideas on how to remove a v brake arm when I've completely rounded the inside of the fixing bolt

Argh.

Anyone got any ideas on how to remove a v brake arm when I've completely rounded the inside of the fixing bolt

Visegrips are our (albeit industrial) friend...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobFowl wrote: »
    Visegrips are our (albeit industrial) friend...
    I would suggest getting a spare (bike) before taking such implements to your current one (just in case!);)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Yeah. Trip to the bike shop is your only man. That new London Roads in matt olive...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Argh.

If the top of the bolt is exposed drop in some liquid metal to slightly beef it up then cut a slot for a screwdriver

If the top of the bolt is exposed drop in some liquid metal to slightly beef it up then cut a slot for a screwdriver

Cheers. The vice grips didn't do it.

Couldn't lock it on the convex head of the bolt

Argh.

Had the same problem with a rounded seat collar bolt. I got a spare allen key, stuck it in the center and soldered some metal around the edges. Worked a treat. You need to have a deep enough hole in the bolt though..

Cheers. The vice grips didn't do it.

Couldn't lock it on the convex head of the bolt

Vise grips make these situations worse when dealing with smaller bolts. If the above fails just get a bolt extractor kit, invaluable piece of toolkit to have in the shed

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0001K9UEG/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1453895338&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=bolt+extractor+set&dpPl=1&dpID=51CwO1U9yBL&ref=plSrch

Any hardware or motor factor will have these in stock. Bare in mind you'll need a drill and small drill bit too. If you're around South Dublin I can loan you all you need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    Had the same problem with a rounded seat collar bolt. I got a spare allen key, stuck it in the center and soldered some metal around the edges. Worked a treat. You need to have a deep enough hole in the bolt though..

I did similar but using superglue instead. Just make sure if you're putting it back on you've a spare screw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Bit of push-back against New South Wales huge increase in fines for cyclists and new ID requirement:

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydney-push-cyclists-reclaim-college-street-and-protest-over-transport-for-nsws-get-together-campaign-20160123-gmcn57.html

Might be a good sign. Traditionally, cycling groups in Australia seem to have been placid in the face of what would be regarded as disproportionate measures in other country.

insane fines, way to encourage people to drive

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

manafana wrote: »
    insane fines, way to encourage people to drive

It maybe even worse that first appearances suggest:
    https://www.communityrun.org/petitions/a-cost-too-high-for-cyclist-safety

I'm not quite sure, but this seems to suggest that any old photo ID won't do, and you'll need a special photo card that costs AUS$51, if you don't have a driver's licence.
    - The cost of an RMS issued photo card is $51 and requires a visit to an RMS service centre and documentation to be provided. What will interstate and overseas visitors do? What will happen to people who ride across the border between Tweed Heads and Coollangatta, or Albury and Wodonga?

This is all about suppressing cycling, I think. I can't see any benefit to it, unless that's your goal. Why that would be your goal is an interesting question.

I did similar but using superglue instead. Just make sure if you're putting it back on you've a spare screw.

Nail varnish remover would allow you to retrieve the allen key too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

tomasrojo wrote: »
    It maybe even worse that first appearances suggest:
    https://www.communityrun.org/petitions/a-cost-too-high-for-cyclist-safety

I'm not quite sure, but this seems to suggest that any old photo ID won't do, and you'll need a special photo card that costs AUS$51, if you don't have a driver's licence.

This is all about suppressing cycling, I think. I can't see any benefit to it, unless that's your goal. Why that would be your goal is an interesting question.

NSW is notorious as pretty much being a police state, 51 dollars isn't cheap as such but considering wages over there probably not much. Cyclingtips website always seem to have something each week on the progression of anti cycling in Oz but mostly in NSW. Sydney is like the amazing climate for cycling but the city just refused to accomdate anything but cars, there only getting there public rail in order.

I was in Melbourne and that has the famous St.Kilda road which has parking all along the cycle lane, most car doorings per mile in the world.

An inelegant solution by an inelegant man.

20160127_141247.jpg

• Advertisement

How did you do it? I'd have probably ended up welding a castle nit to it myself. But I am the kind of guy who would get a nuclear warhead to get rid of some ants in the garden

An inelegant solution by an inelegant man.

Yep, how did you get those curtains past the missus? ;)

How did you do it? I'd have probably ended up welding a castle nit to it myself. But I am the kind of guy who would get a nuclear warhead to get rid of some ants in the garden

Used the file to put flat edges on the head then used the 10mm spanner to turn it.

The curtains are the sole responsibility of our landlord.

#classwar

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Fantastic video by artist Michael Fortune of the traffic encountering a badly designed junction at Rosslare Harbour in Wexford, 'Terminal Communication'.
    https://www.facebook.com/michael.fortune.921/videos/1052947881393336/

Makes me laugh every time!

gadetra wrote: »
    Fantastic video by artist Michael Fortune of the traffic encountering a badly designed junction at Rosslare Harbour in Wexford, 'Terminal Communication'.

I enjoyed that. Is the junction still like that? Scary.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Not sure, you'd hope it has been improved in 9 years!

That was some mental swerving.

Not sure, you'd hope it has been improved in 9 years!

Are you talking about the thread title ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Brilliant, the oul lad at 1:40 or so just stopping to have a piss by the side of his car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Hate putting something like this up, but if I wanted to suggest to put Gardaí on a particular junction Ballymun/Glasnevin area, would I write to the Gardaí or the council?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement