Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

What would the fastest way be from Rathcoole to Blackrock with the bike? I assume N7, down to canal? Although N7 is horrible to cycle on.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

AstraMonti wrote: »
    What would the fastest way be from Rathcoole to Blackrock with the bike? I assume N7, down to canal? Although N7 is horrible to cycle on.
    At bike speeds, go via Saggart onto the N81 > Firhouse > Rathfarnham > Dundrum > UCD > Blackrock.

this

Google maps advises N7 to the canal, but that's actually slightly longer and Google Maps doesn't understand the pain of trying to negotiate the N7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Election time again. Prepare to be decapitated or have your vision obscured by low hanging election posters.

Tall lads on the Clontarf cyclepath beware. Aodhan O'Riordain and Terence Flanagan have theirs mounted at head height sticking into the outbound lane.

Their crew obviously need taller ladders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Tall lads on the Clontarf cyclepath beware. Aodhan O'Riordain and Terence Flanagan have theirs mounted at head height sticking into the outbound lane.

Drop them an email. I found candidates were quite accommodating when their posters were in the wrong place such as one for the last election on a private estate. I reported it to the to the individual whose face I didn't want to see and it was removed within a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

Reading about Dublin tramlines on CHTM.com
    In the Sunday Independent, one writer made it clear that:

I am sorry for the demise of the trams, but as a motorist I just cannot weep for them. They had become an incorrigible block to modern traffic, holding always, as they did, the middle of the road…Yet, the trams are dead, and it is time for them to lie down.

Nothing changes at the Sindo so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

Between collinstown ave and Griffith ave there is a poster with the top tie wrap cut and it hanging down close enough to cyclists heads as they pass. Based on the poster sequence I think it's Finian😜

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

seamus wrote: »
    At bike speeds, go via Saggart onto the N81 > Firhouse > Rathfarnham > Dundrum > UCD > Blackrock.

Google maps advises N7 to the canal, but that's actually slightly longer and Google Maps doesn't understand the pain of trying to negotiate the N7.

I found selecting pedestrian usually gives more intelligent directions, I usually flick between ped and car, to see which is more sensible and shorter. The cycling option never seems to pick the intelligent way around.
    Luxman wrote: »
    Between collinstown ave and Griffith ave there is a poster with the top tie wrap cut and it hanging down close enough to cyclists heads as they pass. Based on the poster sequence I think it's Finian😜
    I seen a FF poster on Collinstown avenue where they had proclaimed that they would "Tackle Crime", not sure if it was personally like a vigilante or not but some witty person had changed the a to an i in Tackle, leaving the candidate to promise to "Tickle crime".

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'm going to change it to "Tickle Cram"...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

12568168_1533656040260337_1846110949_n.jpg

Durty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

2016, the year that keeps on taking.
    Another icon gone too soon.
    Dave Mirra. RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Dave Mirra. RIP

Ah that's terrible. Thought he was brilliant when I was a kid. RIP

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Dave Mirra. RIP

Apparent suicide, sad to hear. Knew very little about bmx, but certainly knew who he was

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Big into BMX in my teen years, many lost evenings and weekends loitering around forest trails and car parks getting dirty looks. Dave Mirra was a legend of the sport, very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Crisis averted. Averil Power has put her posters below the others, thereby removing the risk of hitting your head. Instead, you are now forced out into the oncoming lane. Thank God for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Crisis averted. Averil Power has put her posters below the others, thereby removing the risk of hitting your head. Instead, you are now forced out into the oncoming lane. Thank God for that.

The real question is were the campaign workers who put up Averil Power's poster wearing high-visibility jackets? Let's get our priorities straight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

tomasrojo wrote: »
    The real question is were the campaign workers who put up Averil Power's poster wearing high-visibility jackets? Let's get our priorities straight.

And helmets, don't forget the helmets..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

RobFowl wrote: »
    And helmets, don't forget the helmets..
    #GE21
    (You've put it out there now.)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,400 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

3 bike shops that i know of closed recently including my local one :( (one was a guy retiring. still its not good to see them closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

And in completely unrelated news, Chris Horner has signed for American Continental team Lupus Racing Team.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Anyone know if Beecycles is open for business these days? Want to get my wheels done and have heard a good bit of positive reviews from there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Yep, seen Dara yesterday evening having a smoke outside :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Does anyone use those USB-enabled bike lights? I got a pair and they're grand, but the front light wasn't working when I came out of Star Wars VII (dreadful, by the way, empty and shallow). Is there any way of telling when they're about to run out?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I guess my question on whether we will be allowed give feedback on moderation has been answered !

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Does anyone use those USB-enabled bike lights? I got a pair and they're grand, but the front light wasn't working when I came out of Star Wars VII (dreadful, by the way, empty and shallow). Is there any way of telling when they're about to run out?
    Some have battery life indicators. I find that occasionally, for some reason, my main front light doesn't charge properly even though I have left it plugged in overnight and it means using the emergency back-up light mid-ride.

(In fairness, it doesn't just stop but begins to flicker intermittently to warn that it is near the end. It then switches to a very low 'limp home' mode but it's not really bright enough for unlit roads. Happened one night last week during the commute home).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Went to see it with the other half. Her first comment was 'R2 has put on a bit of weight'. Worth it for that alone. That and seeing the old hacks relive the first movie. Empty, shallow, but good fun nonetheless.

Star Wars VII (dreadful, by the way, empty and shallow).

Simply wrong there, now bugger off and watch a rom com ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

RobFowl wrote: »
    Simply wrong there, now bugger off and watch a rom com ;)

Ah he's not that wrong. It was a somewhat entertaining fan homage to the original trilogy, that borrowed every single aspect of its story from them, and even had single scenes that were noda to the originals.

Better than the prequels, but missing something special other than its unoriginal story

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement