Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

However I've now decided I want my lights to make lightsabre noises when powered on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Weepsie wrote: »
    Ah he's not that wrong. It was a somewhat entertaining fan homage to the original trilogy, that borrowed every single aspect of its story from them, and even had single scenes that were noda to the originals.

Better than the prequels, but missing something special other than its unoriginal story

I'm sure Pretty woman is on somewhere, feck off and watch that

You're not that wrong btw but enjoyable and entertaining romp :)

RobFowl wrote: »
    I'm sure Pretty woman is on somewhere, feck off and watch that

You're not that wrong btw but enjoyable and entertaining romp :)

I think I just needed it to be darker/grittier but its Disney now. I was thankful it moved away from 100% green screen CGI.

It did have some decent funny moments, and I'll hope the next one improves a bit

Watching the assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert ford.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

HeHe

Just finished a bit of shopping and couldn't stop giggling at this..

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/shop/impregnator-11252

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Weepsie wrote: »
    Ah he's not that wrong....
    She ;)

• Advertisement

She ;)

Oops, sincere apologies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

I like romcoms - if they have a depth to the story that makes you root for the characters, and if they make me laugh. I loved the original Star Wars, with its story about an Oklahoma farm boy (more or less) fighting off a giant empire; I adored the plot twist that rebounds two or three films later with "I am your father"; I was moved by the whole Zen "feel the force" thing; I didn't even mind the basically fascistic royal-families-are-specialler nonsense.

But the latest one - I was dying to like it. Loved the start, with another Oklahoma farm kid abandoned in her toddlerhood, and an orphan boy who leaves the evil army because he knows it ain't right.

Then they lost it. They thought that evil was shown by people shouting evilly, wearing Nazi-style uniforms and using nasty magic on prisoners. The heroes didn't really give us any reason to love them. The Republic (or whatever it's called now… the Resistance?) seemed just as well armed as the Empire, and really a kind of gum-chewing American of World War II. General Leia was Hillary Clinton.

At least the popcorn and Coke were worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I like romcoms - if they have a depth to the story that makes you root for the characters, and if they make me laugh. I loved the original Star Wars, with its story about an Oklahoma farm boy (more or less) fighting off a giant empire; I adored the plot twist that rebounds two or three films later with "I am your father"; I was moved by the whole Zen "feel the force" thing; I didn't even mind the basically fascistic royal-families-are-specialler nonsense.

But the latest one - I was dying to like it. Loved the start, with another Oklahoma farm kid abandoned in her toddlerhood, and an orphan boy who leaves the evil army because he knows it ain't right.

Then they lost it. They thought that evil was shown by people shouting evilly, wearing Nazi-style uniforms and using nasty magic on prisoners. The heroes didn't really give us any reason to love them. The Republic (or whatever it's called now… the Resistance?) seemed just as well armed as the Empire, and really a kind of gum-chewing American of World War II. General Leia was Hillary Clinton.

At least the popcorn and Coke were worth it.

Time to lay off that cocaine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Time to lay off that cocaine

How funny and clever.

How funny and clever.

colonel-meow.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

There is none of them a patch on Mrs Congeniality. She's a cop and a reluctant beauty queen. It works on so many levels.

Just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,400 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

RobFowl wrote: »
    HeHe

Just finished a bit of shopping and couldn't stop giggling at this..

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/shop/impregnator-11252

seriously dr wack impregnator :eek: never to be sold in an english speaking country !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

lennymc wrote: »
    There is none of them a patch on Mrs Congeniality. She's a cop and a reluctant beauty queen. It works on so many levels.

Just brilliant.

Mmmmmn Sandra Bullock....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

so still no email notifications, are they thing of post or just not setup with the update?

Thrilling piece of rugby somehow the rain has held off. Chilly cycling out there mind was not much above 3-4c this morning

How funny and clever.

After two lengthy didactic epics of your personal opinion followed by the use of the word "coke"?

Not a court in the land would sat you didn't walk straight into that one.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

manafana wrote: »
    so still no email notifications, are they thing of post or just not setup with the update?
    They are still working on it following everything they had to do following the DDoS attack. Hopefully it will be sorted next week

Beasty wrote: »
    They are still working on it following everything they had to do following the DDoS attack. Hopefully it will be sorted next week
    Has the DDoS attack anything to do with the rampant double posting around here lately?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Has the DDoS attack anything to do with the rampant double posting around here lately?
    They had to put in new "defences" to stave off further attacks. I think that's contributing to all the problems. The Site Development guys are working through them, but have limited resource so are prioritising the "functional" issues ahead of some of those that are more of an irritation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

If you go to "post reply" rather than "quick reply", you tend not to get double posts as much, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

You guys went overboard with drug use implications for QualityMark, she's closed her account.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    You guys went overboard with drug use implications for QualityMark, he's closed his account.

She

Oops. Add sexism to a list of potential reasons so.

Oops. Add sexism to a list of potential reasons so.

Coke and hookers the usual "joke" so she got off lightly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Going back to the previous discussion on election posters, I whiled away the time on the King's Mountain 200 yesterday looking at election posters. Some people in the vicinity of Rathmolyon take "defacing" posters seriously. There were Sinn Féin posters with the actual face of the candidate carefully cut out.

Someone mentioned that it was a "strong Fianna Fáil area" but really!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

You guys went overboard with drug use implications for QualityMark, she's closed her account.

I hope that's not the reason, and if it is I sincerely hope QualityMark comes back. While not everyone agrees with her point of view, I appreciated the fact that she was active and interested in cycling in general.

ETA: I presume that her 6k+ posts on Boards have hardened her up to bigger abuse than this, but still I hope this wasn't what caused her to close her account

... There were Sinn Féin posters with the actual face of the candidate carefully cut out...
    Replaced with a Balaclava?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Replaced with a Balaclava?
    Nope, just empty air.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

xebec wrote: »

ETA: I presume that her 6k+ posts on Boards have hardened her up to bigger abuse than this, but still I hope this wasn't what caused her to close her account

I'm sure it has, I wasn't being serious as to the reason, the timing just fitted to try make a joke as to it being the reason.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement