Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Jude13 wrote: »
    Not too off topic but didnt think it warranted a new thread.

I got a pal to pack up my bike (in another country) into my bike bag. I had been expecting to get back to that country to collect it. Anyway, it all arrived fine except for one piece which I do not know the name for and was wondering if you guys could help. It's a plat the holds the handle bar to the stem,

Cheers

Sounds like the stem plate, which is just the front part of the stem. Also needs 4 bolts to hold it on. Depending on the type of bike, these should be fairly interchangeable. Often see stems in the adverts section for handy money.
    Or if you took some pics, or gave make/model/colour and posted on adverts section of this forum, somebody might have one knocking around that you might get cheaply or for cost of postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Clubmate just fixed two tubular's that had punctures.
    All I need to do know is find the glue that will hold the base tape on the tub itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Anyone get caught in the snow between Laragh and Roundwood this lunch time? Came across a fair few sheltering from the snow and avoiding the roads, which were lethal at the time, some looking like they were making help me phone calls. Couldn't offer assistance as I had a full car.

Edit, I see in the Tell us.... thread Black and Amber did and managed a rosemantic liason out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Anyone fancy bidding on a repaired carbon ribble. Now i must admit he does admit that the frame should be binned but still looking for £350 for what is a well used Veloce Groupset and Fulcrum 5 Wheelset.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252283330745?ul_noapp=true

Has anyone seen carbon fibre repaired successfully like this:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    $_58.JPG
    $_58.JPG

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

cunavalos wrote: »
    Anyone fancy bidding on a repaired carbon ribble. Now i must admit he does admit that the frame should be binned but still looking for £350 for what is a well used Veloce Groupset and Fulcrum 5 Wheelset.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252283330745?ul_noapp=true

Has anyone seen carbon fibre repaired successfully like this:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Looks like a carbon eating life form puked on it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

Looks like the repairs been done with fibreglass.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Buzwaldo wrote: »
    Sounds like the stem plate, which is just the front part of the stem. Also needs 4 bolts to hold it on. Depending on the type of bike, these should be fairly interchangeable. Often see stems in the adverts section for handy money.
    Or if you took some pics, or gave make/model/colour and posted on adverts section of this forum, somebody might have one knocking around that you might get cheaply or for cost of postage.

Yup that sounds like it. Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

furiousox wrote: »
    Looks like the repairs been done with fibreglass.

certainly wouldn't go climbing with it, but wonder could you commute on a frame like that or is risk of failure way too high

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

ThisRegard wrote: »
    For where was the 15% cattle grid mooted, and what commonage area?

Guessing coming down from the 9 stones towards Tomduff. Wouldn't have had it at 15%, though not a great road to descend as visibility and surface can be crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Thud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I would totally wear that kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

The kit should be in the hi-vis thread.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Raam wrote: »
    I would totally wear that kit.

That doesn't really discriminate though, does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

RobFowl wrote: »
    That doesn't really discriminate though, does it?

I mean if someone will share a club logo with Try-athletes...there's nothing they won't stoop to.

I mean if someone will share a club logo with Try-athletes...there's nothing they won't stoop to.

Who would do such a thing....

Who would do such a thing....

I heard Velo Club Balrothery had a formal kit burning on Sunday morning and are feverishly at work on a new uncontaminated kit design ;)

I heard Velo Club Balrothery had a formal kit burning on Sunday morning and are feverishly at work on a new uncontaminated kit design ;)

But that is the classiest kit about ;)

But that is the classiest kit about ;)

All the more tragic then.

Tribblathleets really do ruin everything

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Thud wrote: »
    "a kit with... what...ovaries on it?!"

I kind of love it :pac: Ovaries ahoy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I'd love that. It's like a current day mapei.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

[must resist the sexist joke... ;) ]

In the other news: its super icy out there today. Avoid less traveled roads and shady spots if going out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Alek wrote: »
    Avoid less traveled roads and shady spots if going out now.

Are you talking about Marlborough Street and other quiet streets around O'Connell Street or have I got a different sort of shady on my mind?

:)

Depends on what kind of ice you're after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Are you talking about Marlborough Street and other quiet streets around O'Connell Street or have I got a different sort of shady on my mind?

:)

You're not that long in the big smoke, huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

[must resist the sexist joke... ;) ]

In the other news: its super icy out there today. Avoid less traveled roads and shady spots if going out now.

Chap came off his bike in front of me on Mespil Road this morning.

I was heading up towards Leeson St and he was coming the other way. He decided to make a sharp right to dash across the road and turn into Burlington Road while I was passing through the junction.

Too sharp as it turned out. Front wheel slipped and he went down like a sack of spuds. Landed on his shoulder. Bounced up and carried on but I reckon he's sore now.

The good news is that my new brake blocks work perfectly.

he went down like a sack of spuds. Landed on his shoulder. Bounced up and carried on

My imagination is very comical today. Rubber implant? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

My imagination is very comical today. Rubber implant? :D

Hardy Har. :rolleyes:

I think he was a bit embarrassed by the fall and wanted to get out of the road quickly.

Or training for cyclocross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

daragh_ wrote: »
    Hardy Har. :rolleyes:

I think he was a bit embarrassed by the fall and wanted to get out of the road quickly.

standard operating procedure daragh, unless you're actually dying you must get up and ride away hard till witnesses are out of sight. then duck into an alley and call a family member for immediate support and tummy rubs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement