Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    always+be+cycling.jpg

ABC = Always Be Climbing.

I should have patented that.

I do like my ABC spins.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

ronoc wrote: »
    Got a continental ultra sport tyre to replace my rear tyre.

It was an absolute pig to put on compared to the bontrager one it replaced. Took real force with the tyre irons for the last tight bit. This normal?
    Some rim/tyre combos can be hard work. Wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure the tyre is running with no flat spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

ABC = Always Be Climbing.

I should have patented that.

I do like my ABC spins.

You can't patent an expression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Awful bloody camber?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Cyclists use the FOOTPAD!

20150909_180222.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    You can't patent an expression.

Is that true?

I seem to remember McDonalds or Coca Cola having a patent on some expression or other.
    "I'm lovin' it" comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

An expression like "I'm lovin' it" is a slogan, which can be trademarked. Patents are used for inventions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I once asked a patent examiner what was so novel about his job. He didn't get it.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Is that true?

I seem to remember McDonalds or Coca Cola having a patent on some expression or other.
    "I'm lovin' it" comes to mind.

Of course it's true. You read it on the internet, didn't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

PRIMER-V2 robot rides a bike.
    It maintains balance with a built-in gyroscope.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

In retrospect, I'm surprised that was never put forward as a contender for the name of this thread.

20150909_180222.jpg

Dirkvoodoo, maybe you could park your bike here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

I received an notification that strava premium users can now get live segment updates to their edge 810. Has anyone used this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bedshaped

What's the opinion on cycling on N roads?

I was going south on the N11 last week, fairly steep climb, cars beside you moving 100kmhr+, I could barely manage 15-20 and it was pretty scary with cars pelting into the off-ramp with you trying to go straight on.

I did the section from Windgates to Glencap.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,417 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

tomasrojo wrote: »
    In retrospect, I'm surprised that was never put forward as a contender for the name of this thread.
    Maybe daragh_ was thinking along those lines
    daragh_ wrote: »
    The Footpad

(If someone has already suggested this sorry - I'm too lazy to go back through the thread)
    daragh_ wrote: »
    The Footpad

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Sure we have the best possible title in this the best of all possible threads...

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭youwhoglue

RobFowl wrote: »
    Sure we have the best possible title in this the best of all possible threads...

a1986dbee61e59ae31c23ad8a22a9515.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

youwhoglue wrote: »
    a1986dbee61e59ae31c23ad8a22a9515.jpg

affca-ullricheating.jpeg?w=750&h=664

index.php?size=full&src=http%3A%2F%2Fi38.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fe111%2Fktuchon%2Fjanboobs.jpg

8M4lwVm.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Think its time to unfollow this thread.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

1242232612_0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Boris+Becker+Oktoberfest+Golf+Trophy+Party+gvc0H-hjguEl.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Loves a party

Loves a party

Boris+Becker+Oktoberfest+Golf+Trophy+Party+NhgZ5xv2nyXl.jpg

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,417 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Christ - a few too many selfies for my liking in this thread....

Beasty wrote: »
    Christ - a few too many selfies for my liking in this thread....

Not one of those photos is a selfie. Should have gone to specsavers old man.

Read my way through most of Leisure Cycling Near Dublin last night. Some absolutely lovely routes. The only niggle is that most of the non-Fingal cycles are near but not from Dublin - you have to carry your bike in a car to the start of your cycle.

Nice little gap in the market for a similar book with routes starting in Dublin.

The book is good fun - it has a little history and the occasional amusing story about the areas where the rides are.

Read my way through most of Leisure Cycling Near Dublin last night. Some absolutely lovely routes. The only niggle is that most of the non-Fingal cycles are near but not from Dublin - you have to carry your bike in a car to the start of your cycle.

Nice little gap in the market for a similar book with routes starting in Dublin.

The book is good fun - it has a little history and the occasional amusing story about the areas where the rides are.

Could you not cycle to the start near dublin, from dublin?

• Advertisement

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Could you not cycle to the start near dublin, from dublin?

Oh yes, some of the cycles you can. But quite a few are within Kildare, Meath, Louth and Wicklow and a fair old hike from Dublin. Lovely cycles, though!

(Unfortunately there's no "Look Inside" on Amazon's page, so you can't click and see what I mean.)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement