Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

378109.jpg

Don't know how many times I've seen these panels on pedestrian crossings. Only realised today that they're for people with visual impairment: in this case, there are two lanes of traffic to your right, and one lane to your left.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

f195507cf27f4f34f4e8d13b8d7de6e0.jpg

Any opinions as to how bicycle healthy this would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Done this for years. No bike has complained yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

The type of wall you fix it to is important. You might need to reinforce the bolt and plug holes with plaster to support the weight (Speaking from experience of something similar in a flat covered in plasterboard )

If the walls are concrete you'll need a good hammer drill and masonry drill bit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Was going to post the 35% deal from planet X in BA, but they put me the prices of everything up by between 5-15% percent in the first place from what they were last week with 25% off and buy close to 50% on what they were on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Weepsie wrote: »
    Was going to post the 35% deal from planet X in BA, but they put me the prices of everything up by between 5-15% percent in the first place from what they were last week with 25% off and buy close to 50% on what they were on Tuesday
    Oo04a.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Just for future reference and for use presumably in other fora as well as this one - how do you embed a gif like in the post above me.

Is it that you use the "youtube" label I see above this posting box and add a video from youtube? or how do you do it?

Fian wrote: »
    Just for future reference and for use presumably in other fora as well as this one - how do you imbed a gif like in the post above me.

Is it that you use teh "youtube" lable and add a video from youtube? or how do you do it?

Nope, a gif works the same way as any image, just put tags around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Pompous

Today a cyclist, in a fit of road rage, grabbed my arm and violently shook me from side to side in an attempt to make me fall off my bike. In the middle of heavy traffic. While we were both on the move. It was frightening, to say the least.

It seems like the road is the most popular place for people to vent their anger. Ironically it's also the one place that ego should be set aside.

I think it's really sad how angry everyone is. Some day I'm going to die just so someone can get to work 10 seconds faster :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Pompous wrote: »
    Today a cyclist, in a fit of road rage, grabbed my arm and violently shook me from side to side in an attempt to make me fall off my bike. In the middle of heavy traffic. While we were both on the move. It was frightening, to say the least.

It seems like the road is the most popular place for people to vent their anger. Ironically it's also the one place that ego should be set aside.

I think it's really sad how angry everyone is. Some day I'm going to die just so someone can get to work 10 seconds faster :(

I'm not angry. * hugs *

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Raam wrote: »
    I'm not angry. * hugs *
    Why did you grab his arm like that then?

:pac:

Beasty wrote: »
    Why did you grab his arm like that then?

:pac:

Just tryna get a hug.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Have to admit... that Lotto.ie app, now being able to scan the tickets, is quite the McHandy yoke.

Worth getting if you do the lotto the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Oo04a.gif

you win the internet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

That whistling bridge in Firhouse is hammering out a right old tune this morning.

It's very windy out :/

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-4.14,53.10,2381/loc=-6.261,53.375

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

www.facebook.com/FreeChatDublin/videos/742643322502392/

I guess it would be considered trolling in the cars forum, but just in case they read the Party Bus... ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Mercs don't have those though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Alek wrote: »

I guess it would be considered trolling in the cars forum, but just in case they read the Party Bus... ;)

" But its none of anyone's business where I'm going "

....said Irish motorists in response ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Bicycle ambulance

378356.jpg

via @oldpicsarchive via @herbert_tiemens on Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Sad to hear the passing today of David Duffield. The voice of cycling for many of us. Loved his ramblings on those long commentary days when the action was thin on the ground. Weird and wonderful at times but still entertaining.

RIP

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Sad to hear the passing today of David Duffield. The voice of cycling for many of us. Loved his ramblings on those long commentary days when the action was thin on the ground. Weird and wonderful at times but still entertaining.

RIP

RIP to the voice of cycling for a generation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

RIP

RIP indeed. Very sad.

Speaking of commentators on ES what ever happened the guy that replaced Duffield but before Kirby (now). Can't for the life of me remember his name.

bazermc wrote: »
    RIP indeed. Very sad.

Speaking of commentators on ES what ever happened the guy that replaced Duffield but before Kirby (now). Can't for the life of me remember his name.

David Harmon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Kids these days. Some young fella just called at door

boy; I am doing a sponsored 10k walk. Can you sponsor me please?

Me; sorry don't have any cash

Boy; No problem I can break a big note if that helps.

Me; no I have no money at all, can you call by another night.

Boy; No, I'm only in this area tonight.........

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

bazermc wrote: »

Boy; No, I'm only in this area tonight.........
    Exactly - once he's done his 10km he'll call it a day

Probably a different 10km to be covered tomorrow night....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Never realised David Dufield was in his 80s, in my mind he mustn't have aged since he left TV.

Here he is making trikes look good.

https://twitter.com/Doctor_Hutch/status/701444686125342721?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Behind some guy going from Rathfarnham to Foster's Avenue this morning in full "Staying Alive at 1.5" gear, head to toe. Fair play. It's...uh...eye-catching.

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    Behind some guy going from Rathfarnham to Foster's Avenue this morning in full "Staying Alive at 1.5" gear, head to toe. Fair play. It's...uh...eye-catching.

It's very popular in Wexford!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement