Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

My commute moment of hilarity this morning was being able to read the company name and number as well as eye colour of the NCBI bus driver that pulled out in front of me (and other traffic) at Heuston.

At least it confirms that they are definitely an equal opportunities employer :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

It's very popular in Wexford!

It's not bad looking. At least in the spectrum of 'commuter gear' and it's not an aggressive message.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Sterling plummets as Brexit risk increases. RTE News.

Quick......new wardrobe and bikes.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

378458.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

Stick it in the big ring!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Should he use wet or dry lube for that?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just watching cycling on Eurosport. Seeing Sam Bennett in the front group along with the likes of Cavendish. Thinking maybe we need to roll out the seasonal sticky again, then realised Cav was in last year's team gear:o

Anyway, switched over to Radio 5 Live now to listen to something a little more current....

Good article about current state of dublinbikes' funding and possible expansion: http://dublininquirer.com/2016/02/24/as-the-dublinbikes-scheme-stalls-is-it-time-for-a-new-funding-plan/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

buffalo wrote: »

Information management could be my route in. I'll try to be a mole

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Weepsie wrote: »
    Information management could be my route in. I'll try to be a mole

Just don't tell them that you are a cyclist during the interview process!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Wear a Hi Vis tux to the interview, conformity is the way to employment.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Anyone know if there's an online equivalent of the Cycling Ireland calendar for running races?

Anyone know if there's an online equivalent of the Cycling Ireland calendar for running races?

http://www.runireland.com/events

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

And this thread also which is constantly being updated http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057523175

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Further to my belated discovery that these panels on pedestrian crossings are for the visually impaired, here is an elaborate crossing:

378709.jpg

To your right: bike lane, then two lanes of motorised traffic
    To your left: three lanes of motorised traffic, and then a bike lane
    Your destination: a pedestrian island

Obviously, a lovely road.

Anyone care to hazard a guess what road?

South Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Jackass Motorbiker gets some instant karma! ha ha! :D

https://vimeo.com/156657893

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Further to my belated discovery that these panels on pedestrian crossings are for the visually impaired, here is an elaborate crossing:

IMG

To your right: bike lane, then two lanes of motorised traffic
    To your left: three lanes of motorised traffic, and then a bike lane
    Your destination: a pedestrian island

Obviously, a lovely road.

Anyone care to hazard a guess what road?

South Dublin.

Blackrock bypass

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Blackrock bypass
    No, but I bet the panel there looks pretty similar!

On Wednesday, a gentleman, who stated he came from Thornhill in Dunfries, was placed at the Gorbels public bar, charged with riding along the pavement on a velocipede to the obstruction of the passage, and with having, by so doing, thrown over a child.... The child who was thrown down had not sustained any injury, and under the circumstances, the offender was only fined 5 shillings.
    - Glasgow Argus, June 9, 1842- arguably the first court decision applying safety law to the bicycle.

Came across this while looking for articles on amateur sport for work from an article called "The impact of the sport of bicycle riding on safety law"

Thought it worth sharing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Weepsie wrote: »
    - Glasgow Argus, June 9, 1842- arguably the first court decision applying safety law to the bicycle.

Came across this while looking for articles on amateur sport for work from an article called "The impact of the sport of bicycle riding on safety law"

Thought it worth sharing
    When I was a youngster, I had a book about the history of cycling and it said that the child had died in that accident and hence the reason why Macmillan never really pursued his invention or got adequate credit for it. (The book even had an artist's impression of the accident).

I got another bike, I have it hidden in work, I am not sure how to tell my OH, so it is to become a semi-permanent fixture in my office, also means I will have to ride to work after track to drop off the bike and ride home on my other bike.

The web of lies begins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

CramCycle wrote: »
    I got another bike, I have it hidden in work, I am not sure how to tell my OH, so it is to become a semi-permanent fixture in my office, also means I will have to ride to work after track to drop off the bike and ride home on my other bike.

The web of lies begins

If only cyclists OHs appreciated how unlikely affairs are for us.

I mean, giving up more bicycle time and probably money for a second relationship with a puny human? Get real

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

I managed to find a solution to Dublin's gangland warfare for just €1........

D352E375-9872-4FF1-8B65-A1E4055717C4.jpg

I'm off to write my Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech.......

If only cyclists OHs appreciated how unlikely affairs are for us.

I mean, giving up more bicycle time and probably money for a second relationship with a puny human? Get real

This popped up in work over coffee a few weeks ago, and we were talking about people we know who have had affairs. The first point was how stupid they all must be to let it become such public knowledge but my resounding point, as a parent with a small child, wasn't the moral quandry of it all but that I found the idea preposterous.

The idea that a parent would have the energy or time to sleep with someone else is insane, if I did have an affair, I would be asleep as soon as I got into the bed, it would be pretty tame, I certainly wouldn't talk to the other person or even interact with them, I would just sleep.

If your having an affair and a parent of a small child, you are either on PEDs or a terrible parent, because that is the only way it could possible work.

I might have an affair with myself one day where I book a hotel room and stay there for a few hours to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I presume motorbikes are not allowed use on-road cycle lanes? I've been getting caught up by numpties riding motorbikes using bike lanes for the last while along the grand canal. Very frustrating!

I presume motorbikes are not allowed use on-road cycle lanes? I've been getting caught up by numpties riding motorbikes using bike lanes for the last while along the grand canal. Very frustrating!

No, it rarely bothers me as they are usually nippy enough but then sometimes you get a numpty either going really slowly with no room to pass or even worse, the ones who skim past you between the car and yourself and nearly cream you out of it.

Dashed white line, you can drive in them. Solid white line you can't.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Go over to Motors and start a thread there giving out at them .......

:pac:

• Advertisement

CramCycle wrote: »

The web of lies begins

I'm having this dilemma. Want to order a new bike, I think the GF thinks it's absurd but is too kind to say otherwise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement