Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

lennymc wrote: »
    Wow. Never knew you were an astronaut zyxx :)

Well done!

Yeh but I'm also a cyclist so.. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Zyzz wrote: »
    Yours truly on the journal.ie today! :o

C4E1Q7C.png

Always loved that suitcase.

I'm not going to lie. :o

Your suitcase comment confused the life out of me earlier, I was trying to wrap my head around it, and that maybe that's where your user name came from?, being German etc.

I came back to your post later and then realised it was the drawing one that you were really referring too :)

Well done! That is proper "awesome".

Your picture, that you did with your own hands.... was actually in space (more or less)

Like, in actual "SPACE", up there, above us all.

Stuff like that doesn't actually happen a lot. I think that's really special!

I'd be super chuffed if I was you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Hats off Zyzz, that is bloody awesome! Your work in space, incredible! Things like this don't happen often.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

I'm not going to lie. :o

Your suitcase comment confused the life out of me earlier, I was trying to wrap my head around it, and that maybe that's where your user name came from?, being German etc.

I came back to your post later and then realised it was the drawing one that you were really referring too :)

Well done! That is proper "awesome".

Your picture, that you did with your own hands.... was actually in space (more or less)

Like, in actual "SPACE", up there, above us all.

Stuff like that doesn't actually happen a lot. I think that's really special!

I'd be super chuffed if I was you! :D

The suitcase bomb business really blew up but it just wasn't for me..

..so I took up drawing! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

• Advertisement

Alek wrote: »

I'm not very fit, even with two legs?

It's actually a long list, the more I think about it.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Didnt froome retweet one of your pics aswell zyxx?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

I wonder if the Tour de Meath organisers know they've a celebrity on their poster:
    http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.ie/2011/01/ubiquity-wherever-you-ride-there-you.html

CALdFEZW8AAWI43.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,426 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Wtf! Whoever did this, needs to be jailed for attempted murder, it's that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

The Mrs is watching something about Sugar Babies and Sugar Daddies.

Aka the Café en Seine arrangement of wealthy older dudes effectively paying young women to be their 'girlfriends'

Again I ask myself do none of these men have bicycles to take their time and money and give them affection and a sense of self worth?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I wonder if the Tour de Meath organisers know they've a celebrity on their poster:
    http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.ie/2011/01/ubiquity-wherever-you-ride-there-you.html

CALdFEZW8AAWI43.jpg

Not only that, but most sportives make a point about not allowing the use of tri-bars. It seems from the poster, that they will be welcome in Meath

12795494_1703572216552789_1853126573705253105_n.jpg?oh=376725e6d6f7f49b9f054fe6238106c9&oe=574C9B69&__gda__=1469499469_c7c9a3930c01e7f2626a326c16c0b122

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ImThatGuy

Just got notified that a cycle of mine on Strava from over a month and a half ago has been flagged. I can only imagine by the guy I took the KOM off. Seems a bit unfair!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

ImThatGuy wrote: »
    Just got notified that a cycle of mine on Strava from over a month and a half ago has been flagged. I can only imagine by the guy I took the KOM off. Seems a bit unfair!

From experience if you write back with a reasonable reason for beating them then they reinstall it.
    The other alternative is to edit the end or beginning from the ride and that puts it back up.

Was the segment flagged or your ride?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ImThatGuy

Was the segment flagged or your ride?

Looks like it was the whole ride.

• Advertisement

As Cram says, let them know and they should unflag it (presuming it's all above board). Someone flagged a ride I did in the US about 2 years after I did it. I don't know why as there was nothing exceptional about it - very flat terrain. Strava unflagged it after I notified them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Did my good dead today, asking if two cyclists needed a hand, got tyre off checked the tyre and showed them how to get in back on, made me realise how long its been since in punctured touch wood. Weather picking up all sorts out on road today, and mostly patient drivers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Alek wrote: »
    12795494_1703572216552789_1853126573705253105_n.jpg?oh=376725e6d6f7f49b9f054fe6238106c9&oe=574C9B69&__gda__=1469499469_c7c9a3930c01e7f2626a326c16c0b122

Haha. This is what I did today - it was a choice between cleaning the bike or cutting the grass. Only one winner.

It's been over 2 months since I cleaned the bike :eek: . The amount of crud and crap was unbelievable. It took almost 2 hours and it's still not as clean as I'd like it. I'll need to remove the chainset next weekend to do a proper job. The grass might have to wait another week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's definitely down as a cycle and not a run? There's a few run segments around me that have been claimed by people obviously riding a bike or even in a car that I flag.

crosstownk wrote: »
    ... or cutting the grass...
    That phrase is an instant giveaway of where your priorities lie! Amateurs 'cut grass' - experts 'mow lawns'.

I could never refer to it as 'cutting the grass' but then I'm very fussy about my lawn. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

That phrase is an instant giveaway of where your priorities lie! Amateurs 'cut grass' - experts 'mow lawns'.

I could never refer to it as 'cutting the grass' but then I'm very fussy about my lawn. :)

I have trained my 14yr old to mow the lawn...

Over the weekend he did a great job while I cleaned the race bike :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

I was being polite. Truth be told, I actually 'hack' at the grass. Anything to just get the job done and get out on the bike. ;)

Nice to see the continued resurfacing on Drumcondra Road Lower although there's still a good bit more to do but any improvement is welcome.

If only Wicklow Co. Co. could do a decent job on the Old Military Road from Kippure gate to Sally Gap. Potholes seem to be filled with shovel loads of tar. It's like navigating an obstacle course!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

buffalo wrote: »

It's a terrible article though, by Kimmages standards. He basically asked Agassi if he took steroids and Agassi said no I took Meth.
    It's yet another of his 'trawl through the archives' type articles.
    The lack of editorship at the Independent is doing Kimmage no favours either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement