Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

crosstownk wrote: »
    Nice to see the continued resurfacing on Drumcondra Road Lower although there's still a good bit more to do but any improvement is welcome.

If only Wicklow Co. Co. could do a decent job on the Old Military Road from Kippure gate to Sally Gap. Potholes seem to be filled with shovel loads of tar. It's like navigating an obstacle course!

And the bit between the top of stocking lane and glencree - every time i go over that i get irritated and the awful bumpy surface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

sellin for a freind bitch half s**t zoo half shoe wowwow

Facebook add

To my shame I deciphered it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99035993&postcount=2803

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Might deserve a thread of it's own, but an investigation into Pantani's failed drug test has shown Criminal involvement and the Camorra had it changed.

Now so dirty was the sport at this time that he may not have been clean at all, but from the film (I may be wrong), wasn't this the beginning of the end for him and saw his downward spiral into depression. Tragic either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

Weepsie wrote: »
    Might deserve a thread of it's own, but an investigation into Pantani's failed drug test has shown Criminal involvement and the Camorra had it changed.

Now so dirty was the sport at this time that he may not have been clean at all, but from the film (I may be wrong), wasn't this the beginning of the end for him and saw his downward spiral into depression. Tragic either way.

The italian investigative process is crazy, as far as I can make out. A prosecutor with an agenda can make anything happen. I'll be interested to read more about it ... but I'm sceptical.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

The italian investigative process is crazy, as far as I can make out. A prosecutor with an agenda can make anything happen. I'll be interested to read more about it ... but I'm sceptical.

Yeah very true. Another one I'd ready stated it was all to be thrown out, though it was a bad translation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

Weepsie wrote: »
    Yeah very true. Another one I'd ready stated it was all to be thrown out, though it was a bad translation.

Twould be a great Italian soap opera if true though, the cycling jesus who died for all our sins. Grande Marco!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Two spokes gone on rear wheel today. I got another one replaced about 3 months ago on the same wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

traprunner wrote: »
    Two spokes gone on rear wheel today. I got another one replaced about 3 months ago on the same wheel.

Sucks. Get some spokes and DIY? It's not that difficult at all really. Just use good spoke keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Since when is Milan San Remo on a Saturday. ?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/milan-san-remo/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

bazermc wrote: »
    Since when is Milan San Remo on a Saturday. ?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/milan-san-remo/
    Milano-Sanremo goes back to its roots. Following last year’s return of the race finish to the Via Roma, the Classicissima will be held on March 19 this year. That’s St Joseph’s Day, which Milano-Sanremo used to take place on regardless of which day of the week it fell on.

According to here anyway...

http://www.milanosanremo.it/en/notizie/milano-sanremo-allinsegna-della-tradizione/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

So we've all heard about the brave new world of autonomous cars which will be at our beck-and-call. But how about an autonomous bike?
    https://tech.slashdot.org/story/16/03/15/0223219/autonomous-cars-how-about-autonomous-bikes?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Slashdot%2Fslashdot+%28Slashdot%29
    Of course, the obvious question is: Will the bike stop at stop signs?
    Har har.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Fattling my way up Cruagh Road this morning, Ford Focusing on other things while I tried to keep my HR in zone 2ish.

Looked down at the old speedo and saw 3kph...I didn't know you could be upright at 3kph!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

Via Beyond the Kerb, a retort to the next time that someone posts that cyclists riding on the footpath are a menace* - taken from bin trucks on the Isle of Wight:

*whataboutery, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

WTF, I can't beleive 1 car would try that, never mind the amount in that vid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

A different kind of cyclist stereotype:

"The family are keen to keep their carbon footprint down, even when they are at home in Melbourne and shower just once a week."

http://www.independent.ie/life/family/family-features/family-cycles-6000km-across-australia-surviving-on-roadkill-foraged-plants-and-fish-34545545.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

MOD VOICE: Warning NSFW

Probably going to be brutal but the trailer is worth it for the Irish Spud @ 0.56

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Plenty of cursing in there, just to warn you

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

CramCycle wrote:
    MOD VOICE: Warning NSFW
    I am in no way questioning a mod decision, but are there actually workplaces where it's OK to watch noisy non-work-related Youtube videos but only if there's no swearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,943 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

OvcVXWs.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Thargor wrote: »
    Pic

I despair ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Fukkin' yoke's deffo on Peds :D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Just put this lot away in the attic :(

Cd2Kbs8WAAAyLfA.jpg

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

For those of you not here and still up, the World Cycling League with Ireland represented by Dublin Thunder (managed by Hugh Byrne) will be kicking off in just under half an hour. There should be live streaming at www.worldcyclingleague.com

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Beasty wrote: »
    For those of you not here and still up...
    I've been thinking about that for three and a half hours. It's deep, man.

Feckidy feckidy feck
    Lying in ae with a punctured lung and broken ribs after a pile up at the Lucan Gp

Some hot nurses about though ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

The extremes you will go to so you dont have to return to work!

RobFowl wrote: »
    Feckidy feckidy feck
    Lying in ae with a punctured lung and broken ribs after a pile up at the Lucan Gp

Tell the truth. Did you cause it when you ditched your bike and started running?

Get well soon from both the Try-athlism and your injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

How do people feel about cyclists who undertake cyclists who decide to stop at a lights or indeed undertaking a cyclist at any time who isnt turning right.

Told to go take a valium for pointing out such conduct. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

RobFowl wrote: »
    Feckidy feckidy feck

sorry to hear, heal up, one reasons i decided not to race couldn't afford to miss work again after 6 weeks off after a crash.

• Advertisement

manafana wrote: »
    How do people feel about cyclists who undertake cyclists who decide to stop at a lights or indeed undertaking a cyclist at any time who isnt turning right.

Told to go take a valium for pointing out such conduct. :)

It's the height of dickishness

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement