Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

RobFowl wrote: »
    Feckidy feckidy feck
    Lying in ae with a punctured lung and broken ribs after a pile up at the Lucan Gp

Some hot nurses about though ....

Oh that's rough... the poor nurses having to care for you ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Ouchies! Heal like there is no tomorrow Robfowl!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

It's the height of dickishness

he was with a group too, who didn't do the same thing mind and seemed silent in the argument, one thing clubs like wheelers are good for is the road ethic they teach.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Feckidy feckidy feck
    Lying in ae with a punctured lung and broken ribs after a pile up at the Lucan Gp

Really sorry to hear! Hope you get better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

bad luck Robfowl. hope you heal soon!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

manafana wrote: »
    How do people feel about cyclists who undertake cyclists who decide to stop at a lights or indeed undertaking a cyclist at any time who isnt turning right.

Told to go take a valium for pointing out such conduct. :)

+1 on the dickishness. I usually point it out, It's broken window syndrome, if everyone lets it slide, civilisation will collapse (use of dramatic license invoked). I just find it rude, if they acknowledged me during the overtake and said sorry or, pardon me, I'd let it slide.

CramCycle wrote: »
    +1 on the dickishness. I usually point it out, It's broken window syndrome, if everyone lets it slide, civilisation will collapse (use of dramatic license invoked). I just find it rude, if they acknowledged me during the overtake and said sorry or, pardon me, I'd let it slide.

nah this guy was a piece of work, you could tell saying something would start an argument but I had to anyway, pity the people who ride with him who where just silent in all this :)

above all is how dangerous it is last place you expect something to come up on you. He also changed lane further on without a look back at car coming up

Anyway cyclists behavior towards others are for most part good compared to drivers, but people be d**ks sometimes so some cyclists will be just that. Trying not to react like one is the channel also.

Got my paying it forward by fixing a puncture for two very clueless cyclists as well

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Feckidy feckidy feck

Bullocks.
    Get well soon.......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Ouch sounds nasty RobFowl, Get well soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Feckidy feckidy feck

Ouch! Sounds nasty :/

Get well soon!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

A man just cycled past me in the Frankfurt international departures terminal.

Most people were left confused

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Feckidy feckidy feck

Jaysus! Sorry to hear that. Get well soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Feckidy feckidy feck

Get well soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

There are now "Income protection" ads back on TV.

Game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

I need spare bolts for my bidon holder, for my forks and handlebars. Are these the same type of bolts?

Could someone link me some reasonably priced ones online?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    I need spare bolts for my bidon holder, for my forks and handlebars. Are these the same type of bolts?
    Bidon bolts are usually size 5, and stem 4.

Not sure what you mean by bolts for forks! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

For front-mounted panniers?

Used to have them, and they took the same Allen key as the bolts on the down tube and seat tube, IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

tumblr_o2acr3XOvL1r4o0yso1_1280.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

This bike lane in Hungary reminds me of the one on the Leopardstown road!
    I reckon they must have gotten Irish builders in to do this gem!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

My old Edge 500's screen went iffy after a drop late last year, then I dropped it again yesterday morning and now it's totally gone. Stripped it down yesterday and discovered a 2mm piece of glass broke off the LCD screen, which apparently renders it gone. Though the unit itself is otherwise fine.

Anyone got a broken Edge 500 lying around that has the screen intact? Doesn't seem to be something you can find on ebay.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

I find SJS good for small parts, though I'm guessing you'd get generic bolts cheaper elsewhere.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

EBay UK. M5, M6 stainless steel bolts. A bag for a few quid. You'll never run out of them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just a little spin for this guy.

http://www.sliptalk.com/amazing-journey-on-a-bike/

Anyone had new bike/frame issue within first year of ownership not the result of crash, have an issue wouldn't mind getting some experiences to support my claim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Bidon bolts are usually size 5, and stem 4.

Thanks guys. I meant bolts for my stem...:o

My Bidon bolts are 16mm long and seem 6mm diameter and the stem bolts are 19mm and 5mm diameter.

So I'll get a pack of M6 16mm long and M5 20mm long. Sound about right?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Get titanium ones, they look cool :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 331 ✭✭roverrules

Thanks guys. I meant bolts for my stem...:o

My Bidon bolts are 16mm long and seem 6mm diameter and the stem bolts are 19mm and 5mm diameter.

So I'll get a pack of M6 16mm long and M5 20mm long. Sound about right?

Thought about Woodies?

http://www.woodiesdiy.com/action/searchsite/m5-machine-screws

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I really hope that they will start taking the driving licences of the idiots that drive while on the phone. I mean 90% of the cars have now bluetooth, how difficult is it really to use it? A poor guy on a bike was almost run over by an idiot with an suv while he was talking on the phone. The guy was shaking for a solid 5mins after that, the driver wasn't even sorry. I reported it to the gardai and I really hope they follow up with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

AstraMonti wrote: »
    I mean 90% of the cars have now bluetooth, how difficult is it really to use it?

I'm still amazed at the number of people I see on the phone driving new cars, I would have thought it's harder not to get bluetooth these days, or do they just not know how to use it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Cyclist down at canal grand parade left turning truck. Looks nasty. Emergency services just arriving.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement