Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Cyclist down at canal grand parade left turning truck. Looks nasty. Emergency services just arriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Female on a sit up and beg type bike. Severe lower body injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Any YouTube experts around? I added two vids of the kids singing along to songs from spotify for the grandparents, but they're flagged as including copyright content. I get the message that I can't monetise the content and all that which I'm fine about, but if I send the link to anyone else they can't view it on tablet or mobile, they get the message that this video is not available. There's bloody videos of people singing to songs all over YouTube. The copyright for the song in question specifies that it's viewable worldwide. Am I just stuck with them having to watch it on a desk/laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

upload it to Vimeo.

Yeah, I was thinking about heading in that direction. Copyright protection is fair enough, but it seems pretty restrictive for a couple of kids singing over a song that's more than 40 years old.

edit: Vimeos limit for their free account is 500mb a week, one video is 600mb by itself so that's a no go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Yeah, I was thinking about heading in that direction. Copyright protection is fair enough, but it seems pretty restrictive for a couple of kids singing over a song that's more than 40 years old.

Copyright ID system in Youtube is a complete farce. It's become a totally automated process, people/bots make spurious copyright ID claims wholesale, and without penalty. If the videos are monetized, the people making the claim by default get the revenue from the video, until such time as the uploader successfully completes the appeal process (which, as you might expect, is equally poorly thought out).

edit: Vimeos limit for their free account is 500mb a week, one video is 600mb by itself so that's a no go.

Stick it on google plus and share it that way? Or make the file available as a download: https://www.wetransfer.com/

Do you think there's any point disputing it? The song is there in the background, albeit barely discernable with a 2 and a 5 year old singing over it, but I reckon I'd be on to a loser.

I just don't understand why there's lots of other vids viewable on mobile devices with similar stuff.

As for Google plus, it would be easier to just stick it on USB and post it given the intended audience!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/perception-that-cycling-says-you-cant-afford-car-34568212.html

"Walking and cycling for commuting purposes is still associated with negative imagery, as commuting by car is closely related to socio-economic status and travelling to work on foot or by bike is stigmatised.
    "In addition, there is an alternative image of cycling as an activity which requires a specific 'look' or 'gear' which can alienate people," the report added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Fian wrote: »
    "In addition, there is an alternative image of cycling as an activity which requires a specific 'look' or 'gear' which can alienate people," the report added.

I was about to post that. Glad I checked here first.

Part of the problem is that the state is funding healthy travel initiatives out of one pocket, and out of the other it's funding the RSA and the Gardaí to tell everyone that every healthy-travel trip must be cumbersome and involve dressing like a binman.

Some sort of standard agreed with the cycling bodies for infrastructure would help too. I don't know what sort of infrastructure was built within these "smart travel" zones, but I can hazard a guess what most of it was like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

nilhg wrote: »
    Great idea for a race, are there any that were abandoned over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

I've done my own version of the that in Dundrum car park with an SUV chomping at my heels! The carpark in the video has wide sweeping turns, most Irish car parks seem to favour short, steep, tight turns, it would make for an interesting race.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I've done my own version of the that in Dundrum car park with an SUV chomping at my heels! The carpark in the video has wide sweeping turns, most Irish car parks seem to favour short, steep, tight turns, it would make for an interesting race.

Been around Dundrum myself, the short sharp ramps would make bunching quite interesting but it would be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

I didn't know that Martyn Ashton (of Road bike party fame) had injured himself a few years ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Do you think there's any point disputing it? The song is there in the background, albeit barely discernable with a 2 and a 5 year old singing over it, but I reckon I'd be on to a loser.

I just don't understand why there's lots of other vids viewable on mobile devices with similar stuff.

As for Google plus, it would be easier to just stick it on USB and post it given the intended audience!

No harm trying. Sometimes the complaint will instantly disappear when you appeal the copyright claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Pox. Cycled to Galway (from Dublin) effectively on a whim and the stupid Garmin file is empty :'( when I try to upload.

Headwind all the way, and all I've done to date this year is commuting.

Anyway, I'm going to console myself at the food festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,943 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ceannt Station in Galway:

GzqEybU.jpg?1

Pedal your arms for double the power? Is there a roadbike version?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

So Mrs. crosstownk washed my cycling kit today along with her new black running kit. As a result my previously white Under Armour base layer and my DHB jersey that serves me well for commuting are both now 50 shades of grey.

Surely this grounds for either divorce or a new bike?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

A huge well done to the girl in the 3 shop yesterday ...instead of upgrading my phone and contract actually deleted my number and closed and deactivited my number. A feat that even the customer service team were astounded by.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

koutoubia wrote: »
    A huge well done to the girl in the 3 shop yesterday ...instead of upgrading my phone and contract actually deleted my number and closed and deactivited my number. A feat that even the customer service team were astounded by.

You simply seem to be able to bring the best out of everyone koutoubia:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

crosstownk wrote: »
    So Mrs. crosstownk washed my cycling kit today along with her new black running kit. As a result my previously white Under Armour base layer and my DHB jersey that serves me well for commuting are both now 50 shades of grey.

Surely this grounds for either divorce or a new bike?
    Jesus. How could you marry such a monster. Definitely buy a new bike, with carbon fibre, lots of carbon fibre

Beasty wrote: »
    You simply seem to be able to bring the best out of everyone koutoubia:p
    Its a special gift I have!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

koutoubia wrote: »

Happened to my business partner's phone after we upgraded ours this year. Took two weeks to get sorted. Eir responsible for this massive f up.

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Happened to my business partner's phone after we upgraded ours this year. Took two weeks to get sorted. Eir responsible for this massive f up.

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

This is an interesting mix of the old-school (analogue speedo) and the modern (ride details can be copied off in GPX format via USB), I like it:

381554.jpg

It doesn't exist as a product yet, as such, further info here: Link

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

doozerie wrote: »
    This is an interesting mix of the old-school (analogue speedo) and the modern (ride details can be copied off in GPX format via USB), I like it:

381554.jpg

It doesn't exist as a product yet, as such, further info here: Link

I like it a lot. An awful lot. :cool:

No wattage, HR? Fúck that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

20160328_195531.jpg

6 year old North Face Messenger bag carrying
    2x IKEA Kallax cabinet inserts, 2x IKEA Besta shelves 3x fabric boxes and a honking big cabinet door; Most of which are just held in by the lid straps.

I endorse the McFeck out of this product.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement