Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Snowing ffs
    382717.JPG
    Bloody hell.
    My spin this morning was up to The gates of Ardgillan (Balrothery) at 8.45 and -1 but really clear skies.
    First half of the spin it never got over 1.5 but then rose rapidy to 8 or so on the run home.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Eurosport advert for international archery:

"Archery. The ultimate sporting challenge."

What the actual f were they thinking?

Eugh, that makes me quiver..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I see what you did there.

I'm not ashamed of it, twas a long, long, long day in work

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Anyone recommend nice durable, nice feel bar tape? Black or black & Green.:)

Zipp CX bar tape. You won't find a nicer comfort tape!

On another note, Diego Rosa's barse must get very numb sitting that far forward on the saddle. I thought maybe that he sat on the nose while climbing but no, he sits on the very tip of the nose all through the stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Nice article about taking infirm people for cycles in Copenhagen.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/no-age-barriers-to-cycling-in-copenhagen-1.2602111
    The Irish Times will publish a special supplement on Wednesday, April 20th, tracking the growth of cycling, as a sport, past-time and as a method of travelling to and from work.
    Great!
    The supplement, which is being published in association with the Road Safety Association (RSA)
    Well, that ended any interest I had.

(Also: association?)

There are a couple of Danny Mac Askill films on Bike this morning and afternoon. Might interest some as some of his shirt films are incredibly well shot

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Weepsie wrote: »
    There are a couple of Danny Mac Askill films on Bike this morning and afternoon. Might interest some as some of his shirt films are incredibly well shot

I prefer his films about shorts.

CramCycle wrote: »
    I prefer his films about shorts.

Oops, I still havn't had my morning coffee (I've no excuse in about an hour)

Oops, I still havn't had my morning coffee (I've no excuse in about an hour)

For the first time in about a year, I had my cuppa joe on the cycle in. It was refreshing against the drab grey sky, waiting at lights to sit back and sip. And it was still warm when i got in so it was all in all, a good start to the day.

• Advertisement

CramCycle wrote: »
    For the first time in about a year, I had my cuppa joe on the cycle in. It was refreshing against the drab grey sky, waiting at lights to sit back and sip. And it was still warm when i got in so it was all in all, a good start to the day.

In what type of vessel is this hot beverage being transported dare I ask? Could be tempted to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

In what type of vessel is this hot beverage being transported dare I ask? Could be tempted to do the same.

I used to have a fancy looking bicycle thermo flask but I left it in my office once and forgot to clean it and no matter what I done, the smell was permanently lodged in it.

I currently use a travel cup, like the ones you have for a car, seems to do the job nicely, I think it was about 5 or 7 euro from Tesco.

382922.jpg
    I had it in mind to make a wheel extender for a lock at one stage (nothing as professional as this). This is quite a good idea. Probably. Haven't tried it yet. Has this been around for years and I only just noticed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Colour me skeptical, but it seems like something that could be used to gain extra leverage to bend and break the lock.

Unless you've got a particularly expensive wheelset, I'm not sure how much use this is over a decent cable. How often are wheels alone stolen to be sold?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

http://www.independent.ie/life/city-cycling/katy-mcguinness-cycling-would-be-such-fun-but-as-a-mum-its-not-worth-the-risk-34613512.html

For your delectation and general irritation:

TLDR: Cycling is too dangerous now that I am a mum.

"We've all watched too many episodes of 24 Hours in A&E by now to think that getting on a bike and taking off into the traffic could ever be a good idea."

seamus wrote: »
    Colour me skeptical, but it seems like something that could be used to gain extra leverage to bend and break the lock.

Unless you've got a particularly expensive wheelset, I'm not sure how much use this is over a decent cable. How often are wheels alone stolen to be sold?

I favour security skewers anyway, but I'm intrigued. Cables are pretty easily defeated. True, any sort of impediment seems to stop wheel theft, usually.

A report on VCB'S open racing season so far.

7 of us had planned to race this year.
    1 has decided to get a life.
    1 is only coming back from a very nasty crash in the Swords league late last year and is not sure what to do
    1 is sidelined with work and getting married soon.
    I crashed in The Traders Cup with no real injuries.
    Rob Fowl crashed in Lucan GP resulting in broken ribs.
    Our great SLovakian hope (yes he is Slovakian) crashed last week while trainng for Stamullen GP and broke his hip and collarbone. His missus has declared he wont race again...ever!
    The other got an open licence instead of a IVCA licence.

All going according to plan...NOT!

Fian wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/life/city-cycling/katy-mcguinness-cycling-would-be-such-fun-but-as-a-mum-its-not-worth-the-risk-34613512.html

For your delectation and general irritation:

"We've all watched too many episodes of 24 Hours in A&E by now to think that getting on a bike and taking off into the traffic could ever be a good idea."

That somebody allowed that to be published is just awful.

Fian wrote: »

"As a mum": I don't discriminate against the opinions of the childless.
    "We've all watched too many episodes": This is why the discipline of Statistics exists.
    "a city that has to be one of the most cycle-unfriendly in the world": where does she live, Sydney?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

koutoubia wrote: »
    A report on VCB'S open racing season so far.

7 of us had planned to race this year.
    1 has decided to get a life.
    1 is only coming back from a very nasty crash in the Swords league late last year and is not sure what to do
    1 is sidelined with work and getting married soon.
    I crashed in The Traders Cup with no real injuries.
    Rob Fowl crashed in Lucan GP resulting in broken ribs.
    Our great SLovakian hope (yes he is Slovakian) crashed last week while trainng for Stamullen GP and broke his hip and collarbone. His missus has declared he wont race again...ever!
    The other got an open licence instead of a IVCA licence.

All going according to plan...NOT!
    Time to return to the friendly bosom of McNally Swords CC from whence you came methinks! :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Time to return to the friendly bosom of McNally Swords CC from whence you came methinks! :)
    Yep - great success in our u14 ranks, yesterday's victory in the nearest thing the IVCA have to an "over 70s" league and a dislocated ankle in our seniors to my knowledge ....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Believe it or not I was never in the bosom (or any part) of MCNS.
    My clubs were The now defunct Lorraine club and VCB.

Interesting, I'd be tempted but for import duty and whatnot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Interesting, I'd be tempted but for import duty and whatnot

looks great covers alot of things in one,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

manafana wrote: »
    looks great covers alot of things in one,

Does it not limit the length of your stem though or are there stem length options?

Does it not limit the length of your stem though or are there stem length options?

Didn't consider that, yet I did consider it for that Stealth x bike on kickstarter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

90mm 'MTB' and 110mm 'Road'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement