Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Luxman wrote:
    How were you after the 50k? If you pace it and rest and drink and fuel properly it should be doable

A little tired but not bad really

Does anyone know if Kask have a crash replacement policy for their helmets in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

ronoc wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Kask have a crash replacement policy for their helmets in Ireland?

I got mine replaced last year with them but it was through the UK and I had to post mine over to them. No one here in IRL as far as I know. Still worked out well and they were sound to deal with.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

andy69 wrote: »
    I got mine replaced last year with them but it was through the UK and I had to post mine over to them. No one here in IRL as far as I know. Still worked out well and they were sound to deal with.

How does it work, do you get a discount or what happens?

CramCycle wrote: »

Yep, ye get the new one at a discounted price. My original was 180Eur new I think, and they sent me the new one for 60stg but I need to double check that....I'm going on memory, and I was a bit out of it on Tramadol pain killers at the time :-) will update when I'm back at the office shortly...

• Advertisement

ok, found it, here ye go...

>>>> paste >>>>>
    We do offer a crash replacement service. It is 50% off the rrp of the crashed helmet plus shipping.

Please send the helmet back to us for inspection.

We require you to include proof of purchase along with a brief cover note stating your name, address, email and contact number.

The address to return your helmet to is at the bottom of this email.

We will be in touch upon its arrival.

Kind regards

Customer Service

Velobrands Ltd
    Copplestone Mill
    Copplestone
    Crediton
    EX17 5NF
    Tel: 01363 85617
    www.velobrands.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Google says I can do this.

But before I risk two nice wheelsets.

Can I definitely, positively, non fatally, switch the Shimano Freehub on the pair of Zonda's I just inherited with the Campag freehub on the pair of Scirrocos I will be selling.

Given my recent bike maintenance record, seriously thinking of outsourcing the job...even though I've done a Freehub swap before.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I don't know, but could you sell both and get a new pair of Zondas with Campag freehub (suggesting this in the hope of getting cheap Zondas mwhahahaha)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

God I hate ordering from Wiggle, they are the slowest shop to dispatch your order I've ever come across. They always seem to take a week or more from receiving your order to despatching it. CRC will dispatch it within hours and I'll have it next day with the free postage. It's really just my fault for getting sucked into a deal recently!

God I hate ordering from Wiggle, they are the slowest shop to dispatch your order I've ever come across. They always seem to take a week or more from receiving your order to despatching it. CRC will dispatch it within hours and I'll have it next day with the free postage. It's really just my fault for getting sucked into a deal recently!

Wiggle have become very hit and miss since they moved to their new warehouse.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

The bike I've been lusting after for 2 months now is gone. Silly indecision. Back to square one and hunt on for another

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I've seen some weird names for Strava segments but this takes the biscuit! :D

https://www.strava.com/segments/9230188

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

I've seen some weird names for Strava segments but this takes the biscuit! :D

https://www.strava.com/segments/9230188

Check the profile!!????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Luxman wrote: »
    Check the profile!!????

I just went there on street view and it looks a salvador dali painting

DaliGreatMasturbator.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

God damn it. Nearly a full list of PR's

http://i.imgur.com/s26LPJe.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Racing this evening. Had no idea when the last lap was. I was in a bunch thinking 'God everyone's attacking at the one time, weird'. Then they sat up. Doh! I'm such a hardcore racing machine :pac:

God damn it. Nearly a full list of PR's
    I gave one of those a name, must see how far off the KOM I am now, I had it for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Is anyone getting 'spammed' by a weird account on Strava today?

I've had about 6 follower requests today from an account called 'Chloe Hunter' (which now doesn't appear to exist (Google cache of the account)).
    I was able to block the first two invitations but now I can't do anything with the other four I received this evening (neither block nor accept).

383734.PNG

I gave one of those a name, must see how far off the KOM I am now, I had it for ages

I'm a good bit off the koms but I'm gunning to get one. There's one near my house that is achievable

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Is anyone getting 'spammed' by a weird account on Strava today?

I've had about 6 follower requests today from an account called 'Chloe Hunter' (which now doesn't appear to exist (Google cache of the account)).
    I was able to block the first two invitations but now I can't do anything with the other four I received this evening (neither block nor accept).

383734.PNG

Yeah I got about 6 requests from Chloe too....declined them all.

• Advertisement

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Yeah I got about 6 requests from Chloe too....declined them all.

I'm quite new to Strava, I haven't followed anybody on it, is it bad etiquette to just follow random people that you always come across on your route?

I'm quite new to Strava, I haven't followed anybody on it, is it bad etiquette to just follow random people that you always come across on your route?

I just think it's weird, no issues with people who know me, are linked in some way via boards or any clubs I am affiliated with. Some randomer who has no affiliation with me though. It is just odd to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Like poster above me i put strava on my phone in the last week. Switched it on for my commute home and was amazed how many "segments" there are, but bar one that looks like I could aim for top ten with a favourable wind, there is no way I am seriously going to look to put my name on the front page, especially on my hybrid wearing a backpack. I will have a look next weekend when I go cycle, I can see how this could be fun, though I am too heavy to compete for any KOMs - i can always focus on descents!

I would also be grateful for any tips on ettiquette, though I am not sure what the reason to follow someone is anyway?

that was prompted by the post above mine (unless someone has intervened) but i came on to post a link to this interesting and positive irish times article on cycling:

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/from-roche-to-r%C3%A1s-why-cycling-has-become-cool-again-1.2606293

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Fian wrote: »
    Like poster above me i put strava on my phone in the last week. Switched it on for my commute home and was amazed how many "segments" there are, but bar one that looks like I could aim for top ten with a favourable wind, there is no way I am seriously going to look to put my name on the front page, especially on my hybrid wearing a backpack. I will have a look next weekend when I go cycle, I can see how this could be fun, though I am too heavy to compete for any KOMs - i can always focus on descents!

I would also be grateful for any tips on ettiquette, though I am not sure what the reason to follow someone is anyway?

that was prompted by the post above mine (unless someone has intervened) but i came on to post a link to this interesting and positive irish times article on cycling:

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/from-roche-to-r%C3%A1s-why-cycling-has-become-cool-again-1.2606293

follow other people to find new routes etc, colm18 on here found a road around enniskerry he never knew of till he saw it on my strava.

Im going abroad and followed guy riding over their to see what routes he rides.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

If they haven't set up Strava whereby they have to approve any request to be followed, no, follow whoever you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

And one on golf.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/golf/australia-s-adam-scott-opts-out-of-olympics-to-focus-on-pga-tour-1.2617293
    "Australian world number seven Adam Scott has confirmed he will skip the Rio Olympics in August, the 2013 Masters champion citing scheduling conflicts as the main reason for opting out of golf’s return to the Games after a 112-year absence."

Golf, tennis, road cycling (not MTB XC or track) and any other sport where the olympics isn't the pinnacle should be pulled from the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Peterx wrote: »
    And one on golf.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/golf/australia-s-adam-scott-opts-out-of-olympics-to-focus-on-pga-tour-1.2617293
    "Australian world number seven Adam Scott has confirmed he will skip the Rio Olympics in August, the 2013 Masters champion citing scheduling conflicts as the main reason for opting out of golf’s return to the Games after a 112-year absence."

Golf, tennis, road cycling (not MTB XC or track) and any other sport where the olympics isn't the pinnacle should be pulled from the games.

The final line from the last of the irish times articles linked in my post above "why i turned into a weekend racer" is apposite:

"Anyway, ridiculous though it may be, it could be worse. I could be playing golf."

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just had a lad in a van throw, and possibly spit, lucozade all over me. I have it on video and have a reg, anything I can do with it? I'd hate to let the scum away with it. Completely unprovoked, he was going the opposite direction to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I get followed by a good few complete strangers, don't mind at all, but presume they're just fishing for return follows for internet points.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement