Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I get followed by a good few complete strangers, don't mind at all, but presume they're just fishing for return follows for internet points.

See I'm new to road cycling and don't really know how good/bad I'm doing. Most of the guys I know are MTB boys so not really anything comparable

Currently averaging 25kmh on my commute through Dublin and I have no idea if that's good or bad. I haven't followed any strangers so that's why I was asking the etiquette

Just had a lad in a van throw, and possibly spit, lucozade all over me. I have it on video and have a reg, anything I can do with it? I'd hate to let the scum away with it. Completely unprovoked, he was going the opposite direction to me.

Bring it to the Garda Station that would cover the area where it happened. What a dirty foul thing to do though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Just had a lad in a van throw, and possibly spit, lucozade all over me. I have it on video and have a reg, anything I can do with it? I'd hate to let the scum away with it. Completely unprovoked, he was going the opposite direction to me.

Try TrafficWatch (1890205805). Apparently if an issue is raised through them it has to be followed up.

I reported an incident to them recently which I captured on my Fly6. They passed it to the local station and someone from there called me to discuss. I opted for a knock on the offenders door and a stern word rather than going to court so they had me burn a copy of the footage to DVD and drop it into them.

Still waiting to hear the outcome of the home visit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Since we are speaking of Strava...Fair play to Wishbone Ash. He has a KOM that I have tried 3 times to get off him.
    Today was the closest.
    1.3km long and I am out by 3 seconds and slower by 0.7kph .
    I just cant get around those twists quick enough.
    Fair play to ya WA!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

koutoubia wrote: »
    Since we are speaking of Strava...Fair play to Wishbone Ash. He has a KOM that I have tried 3 times to get off him.
    Today was the closest.
    1.3km long and I am out by 3 seconds and slower by 0.7kph .
    I just cant get around those twists quick enough.
    Fair play to ya WA!
    I had to go searching to see which one it was! :D

It's not a particularly pleasant stretch to be going balls out and, if I recall correctly, I had to throw out the anchor when I met a few pedestrians - so there's room for improvement. Keep at it!

(I'm not particularly fast usually and the few KOM's I have are fairly tame affairs with short leader boards.)

• Advertisement

Yeah going around those bends you need to really use the whole road and more then once the thought crossed my mind ....if there is a car coming I am in trouble.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Yeah going around those bends you need to really use the whole road and more then once the thought crossed my mind ....if there is a car coming I am in trouble.

Nah, it's the car who's in trouble ;) #frankthetank

#Gorilla

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Which segment is this?

Kilhedge Lane.Going from the N1 (or whatever it's called now) into Dun Emer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

Kilhedge Lane.Going from the N1 (or whatever it's called now) into Dun Emer

And that's the end of that KOM for poor WA.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭robfahy

I came across this on the coast road at Furbo, Galway yesterday evening. The car passed a cyclist while keeping well into the left of the road, didn't leave any clearance. Video isn't the best with sun-glare, but you can see clearly how the car didn't move out at all while overtaking. This coast road always makes me nervous when I'm out on the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Try TrafficWatch (1890205805). Apparently if an issue is raised through them it has to be followed up.

I reported an incident to them recently which I captured on my Fly6. They passed it to the local station and someone from there called me to discuss. I opted for a knock on the offenders door and a stern word rather than going to court so they had me burn a copy of the footage to DVD and drop it into them.

Still waiting to hear the outcome of the home visit though.

I will.

On further review I think this gentleman is a member of a certain untouchable community. Doubt much will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

robfahy wrote: »
    I came across this on the coast road at Furbo, Galway yesterday evening. The car passed a cyclist while keeping well into the left of the road, didn't leave any clearance. Video isn't the best with sun-glare, but you can see clearly how the car didn't move out at all while overtaking. This coast road always makes me nervous when I'm out on the bike.

I'm from Furbo, or at least I was before moving to Dublin and my family still live there. Just curious if you are from there or were you just cycling out the coast? If the former send me a pm - just curious if I know you.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

On further review I think this gentleman is a member of a certain untouchable community. Doubt much will happen.
    The Illuminati?

Didn't look anything like Kevin Costner to me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Lumen wrote: »
    The Illuminati?

A boards.ie moderator?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gi-flybike-the-first-e-bike-to-fold-in-one-second#/

I don't get it. Every time there's someone with a "biking revolution" concept, it's a fncking electric bike that costs as much as a second-hand car.

Bikes don't need to be electric. That's the whole point. Why don't "visionaries" get this?

Initially I looked at this and went, yeah, that's nice, that could work as a commuter. Oh. It's electric. And it's $4,000. Yeah, that's gonna flop. Build one that's 700, folds up nicely, has storage to carry stuff and a dock for your phone and you might get somewhere. Forget about making expensive toys for urban hipsters. Make bikes that are functional and affordable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

seamus wrote: »
    I don't get it. Every time there's someone with a "biking revolution" concept, it's a fncking electric bike that costs as much as a second-hand car.
    Make bikes that are functional and affordable.

Note that down. In 20 years time we can start a kickstarter campaign to re-introduce normal bicycles.

We have a pool car in work that's used whenever people need to go to offsite meetings etc, I was asked this evening to make sure I bring my bike because it has to go to the garage tomorrow :D

Spin during work hours for me, lets hope it's another great day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

12107174_1125303027492771_2880868670409927184_n.jpg?oh=d6d642108ed053516c8ee3f7544d985d&oe=57AAA242&__gda__=1467627901_c77b3f9f7b56675c384003479038951d

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

The new boards site is kinda of ok when browsing from a mobile device, but when you are on a proper 1440p monitor it's ugly with so much wasted space. I hope they keep the legacy site button there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

AstraMonti wrote: »
    The new boards site is kinda of ok when browsing from a mobile device, but when you are on a proper 1440p monitor it's ugly with so much wasted space. I hope they keep the legacy site button there.

correct

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

We have a pool car in work that's used whenever people need to go to offsite meetings etc, I was asked this evening to make sure I bring my bike because it has to go to the garage tomorrow :D

Spin during work hours for me, lets hope it's another great day
    Had the same pleasure a while back. My manager was having a lot of trouble sourcing a courier (normally a motocycle one is used) to deliver important documents 25k away. I did the decent thing and offered to do it on the bike - a nice 50k round trip while getting paid. :cool:

(Other staff amazed how anyone could cycle 'that distance' and be back within 2 hours! :rolleyes::D)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

(Other staff amazed how anyone could cycle 'that distance' and be back within 2 hours! :rolleyes::D)

No coffee stop then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I often get that when I tell people I cycle to work. When they hear that I cycle from home to Swords they look at me like I've two heads - it's only 19km :confused:

Been too damn busy to get out! Hopefully in the afternoon

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Bike tracking system for €29, works in Ireland. Don't know how it works without a sim of some sort. Great idea if it doesn't require a subscription:

http://techiefans.com/how-to-track-your-bike/

gadetra wrote: »
    Bike tracking system for €29, works in Ireland. Don't know how it works without a sim of some sort. Great idea if it doesn't require a subscription:

http://techiefans.com/how-to-track-your-bike/

Most of those things require a sim, I have them in my cars but sims can be registered for €30 a year. I haven't opened that link yet, in work here, so may be wrong on that one

The ones I have work really really well though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Has anyone ever had a whole bike delivered through Parcel motel or Parcel wizard?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement