Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army Fitness Test 2015

Options
  • 01-09-2015 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I'm going to take the army fitness test in The Curragh next Monday. Besides the fitness test itself is there anything else I should be prepared for? Like "Why you wanted to join?" type questions or similar?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

It's a fitness test, that's all.

You may be asked questions purely out of interest, politeness or just casual conversation.

Well.....that's all it should be.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

You'll be asked about tattoos and also have to complete a Garda vetting form. That's what happened when my son applied in 2014. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Its just your fitness test.. Eat and drink well the day before. Get a good nights sleep, a hearty breakfast and sip on water up to the test

Break your balls on the test, you'll only get one chance at it.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JoshC0011

Does anyone know what forms of ID are accepted on the day of the Fitness Test?

"Photographic ID - Passport, Driving License or National ID card only. Also a copy of the ID."

This is what was written in my email and I thought that the Garda Age Card was the National ID card.

If this is not the case could someone let me know ASAP as I have my Fitness Test on Monday.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gg1305

JoshC0011 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what forms of ID are accepted on the day of the Fitness Test?

"Photographic ID - Passport, Driving License or National ID card only. Also a copy of the ID."

This is what was written in my email and I thought that the Garda Age Card was the National ID card.

If this is not the case could someone let me know ASAP as I have my Fitness Test on Monday.

Thanks in advance.

No the Garda age card won't be accepted,
    Says so in the email and I've seen people try it without any success

• Advertisement
Advertisement