Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software Development LIT

• 01-09-2015 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hey guys , i just want to ask the people that are doing or did the software development course is it worth it ? Is it hard ? What work placement did you have and do you have a well paying job after that course. Is it easy to get a job after that course ? Are the lecturers sound enough and do they help alot ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 badger93

Hey guys , i just want to ask the people that are doing or did the software development course is it worth it ? Is it hard ? What work placement did you have and do you have a well paying job after that course. Is it easy to get a job after that course ? Are the lecturers sound enough and do they help alot ?

I'm only in second year so can't answer a lot of your questions. I didn't find first year overly difficult, and I had no real programming experience or anything. All my lecturers were nice and helpful. The practical classes are small and the lecturers will always come over and help you out if you are stuck with anything. Just make sure you go to your classes and hand in your assignments on time and you'll get on grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Volsere

I graduated from the course in 2013 and have been working in software since.

It's definitely worth it, it sets you up well to be able to learn new technologies easily, which is a requirement to work in IT now with all the different areas of expertise, languages and frameworks etc.

With this degree as well you really don't have to be a programmer for a living at the end of it, there are tonnes of different IT jobs where this still gives you a great foundation.

I went on to work for the same company that I did my work placement for. From the people I know and just generally working in the field you can expect 25k-35k with good benefits as a starting salary depending on who you work for and where you live.

Its pretty easy to get a job, I could quit my job tomorrow and have a weeks worth of interviews lined up fairly quickly.

Finally, the lectures for software development in LIT are awesome. Nicest people there. The classes are very practical, you can learn a lot and the lectures will stand in the **** with you when you cant figure out what you are doing wrong :)

Advertisement