Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it okay for a 15 year old to take protein shakes

• 01-09-2015 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hello, I'm 15 years old and I training for boxing 3 times a week and I go to the gym usually every other unless I take a day off, I lift every time I go to the gym (usually low weight, high reps) as I am 5'7-5'8 and don't want to put lots of pressure on my spine. The other day bought two packets of optimum nutrition casein protein that I can take before going to bed when I get hungry instead of eating, it says on the back its for people aged over 18 years but I looked it up and some sites said that's it's fine to use as a teen, then other sights are saying its not and one even said it could effect my growth, what do you guys think? I have began taking it yet I just want to make sure if it's okay for me or if it's not. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭CWF

Yes that's totally safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

It's just food man. Totally safe. Happy lifting!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Chickenwing47

CWF wrote: »
    Yes that's totally safe.

Grand thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Chickenwing47

It's just food man. Totally safe. Happy lifting!

Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I looked it up and some sites said that's it's fine to use as a teen, then other sights are saying its not and one even said it could effect my growth,

A site said that protein could effect your growth. Completely nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Mellor wrote: »
    A site said that protein could effect your growth. Completely nonsense

Try growing without it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

endacl wrote: »
    Try growing without it! :D

Joking aside, I considered posted that the OP maybe have misunderstood a site talking about achieving growth rather than stunting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

OP, you asked this a week or so ago. You got the same advice.

Might be time to believe it

Advertisement